It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South African rugby player accused of hacking daughter's alleged rapists to death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I've often said that under these circumstances who wouldn't want to do the same as this man did, killed his daughter's rapists who had also infected her with HIV.

I guess it makes a change from hearing about pervert rapists getting light jail sentences in a cushy jail.

Looks like these perverts picked on the wrong gal.

SOUTH African police were holding a top rugby player today in connection with three murders allegedly carried out in revenge for the gang-rape and subsequent HIV infection of his daughter.

Police arrested the 34-year-old man, who played for the Blue Bulls, one of the country's leading teams, in Durban in the early hours of yesterday.

One victim was decapitated and two others hacked to death - possibly with an axe - in a frenzied rampage last week.

The accused, who was not named to protect the identity of his daughter, is due to appear in court in the eastern coastal city of Durban today

www.news.com.au... 7
It was a pretty gruesome attack but I guess they had it coming.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
IMO, he should get off totally free. It is a fathers job to protect his children. The earth is a better place without those two.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

What a perfect revenge premise, I wonder when they'll make the movie?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
but I guess they had it coming.

Did they?

South African rugby player accused of hacking daughter's alleged rapists to death

Link

Suggests he accused the men before attacking them but fails to mention anything about the victims of this attack being rapists or even alleged rapists.

What happens if these men were innocent?

A fourth man, who escaped the attack, told local media he was confronted last week by a man in a frenzied state, who accused him of being a rapist and infecting his daughter. "As the axe came down towards my head, I ducked and it scratched my stomach," Khangelani Mdluli, 27, was quoted as telling the Cape Argus.

edit on 3/30/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

Another link

Local news outlets reported that three men had been killed by the rugby star because he suspected that they were behind the gang rape of his daughter who has since tested HIV positive. A further two men were attacked by the man but survived.
[...]
Khangelani Mdluli, a resident of Lamontville, said he was attacked by a man who was driving a Peugeot. "He stopped the car, jumped out with a plastic bag and walked down the road towards me I continued walking but I looked at the plastic bag and I thought it was a gun," the 27-year-old said.

Mr Mdluli said he was then asked whether he knew the man who shouted: "You think I'm stupid? You infected my daughter with HIV".

"As the axe came down towards my head, I ducked and it scratched my stomach," he recalled. "I started running down the road while he followed me and swore at me. He eventually gave up and turned back to his car."

edit on 3/30/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I don't really blame him. If I had a daughter and she was raped i would probably do something close to that... Like lock him in a closet with 1 cup of water a week and 1 piece of bread...Plus something else that that you can PM for.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Give him a day in jail and a penny fine. That should be fair.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Yes I know.

But I imagine that if it were me, I would first make sure I was punishing the real rapists, not someone who didn't do it.

Maybe his daughter told him it was them - maybe he made his own enquiries, I think I would if the police hadn't caught those responsible - I don't know.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I went looking to see if I could find more and found...

Former rugby star arrested after axe killings

When police released information on the killings last week, they claimed the killer may have been avenging the rape of his daughter, who was infected with HIV during the ordeal.

However, police yesterday could not confirm whether the former rugby player has a daughter.

According to police, the axe-wielding man allegedly targeted random men who were returning from work at night.

What the truth is seems a bit twisty on this one..

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong, under the right circumstances i'd likely react the same way.

As the story currently stands this shouldn't turn out like another "pat on the back" thread. (at least not yet)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
How did the rugby player know which people carried out the attack?

It leads me to believe the daughter knew her attackers.

Do we know the circumstances of the alleged rape?

Do you see any cases that pop up in the news where a false rape allegation has been made?

I can understand the anger he had, yet he was in the wrong.

Btw...I want to all convicted rapists locked up for life. I just want people to have a chance of a fair trial.

edit on 30-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
I went looking to see if I could find more and found...

Former rugby star arrested after axe killings

When police released information on the killings last week, they claimed the killer may have been avenging the rape of his daughter, who was infected with HIV during the ordeal.

However, police yesterday could not confirm whether the former rugby player has a daughter.

According to police, the axe-wielding man allegedly targeted random men who were returning from work at night.

What the truth is seems a bit twisty on this one..

Maybe he just went crazy?

The police first claim 'the killer may have been avenging the rape of his daughter who was infected with HIV during the ordeal', they seem pretty sure he had a daughter who was infected when they said that.

Then in the next sentence they turn it around and now say they can't confirm he had a daughter.

But police won't release his name or anything, to protect his daughter.

If these were our police I think I'd go crazy too.
edit on 30-3-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

That's just it, we don't know what happened.

All we have is vague details.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

When police released information on the killings last week, they claimed the killer may have been avenging the rape of his daughter, who was infected with HIV during the ordeal. However, police yesterday could not confirm whether the former rugby player has a daughter. According to police, the axe-wielding man allegedly targeted random men who were returning from work at night.

After reading the above newspaper quote one is left with the thought that this man may be mentally ill and killed some innocent people, time will tell.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Even if they did rape her, 3 men hacked to death is a lil too far. Why not chop an am off, why a brutal death. This guy won go off lightly.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

He was white and the "victims" black. Because of the racial tensions in the country he will probably be given the maximum sentence and spend the rest of his life in jail to appease the populace.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I don't care what you think. Beating 3 people to death is never justified. What did he think? That killing these men would bring back his daughter's innocence?

I call it a gross overreaction and for that, he should be locked up for life.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

I don't care what you think. Beating 3 people to death is never justified. What did he think? That killing these men would bring back his daughter's innocence?

Ur right...be it your daughter or maybe even yourself gang raped and infected with HIV I am SURE you and your family would not overreact. Grow a spine.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

You live in Hippie land Vermont I take it, your a long way from Africa. but If 3 people hurt my Child, there would be a bloodbath

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Oh well
rape is a sick crime and i think i would of done the same if i got my hands on them.
edit on 30/3/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
How many people patting the rugby player on the back actually read the article linked in OP?

because that link's been broken since it was posted. Do some critical thinking look at the rest of the thread: there may be far more to this story than it would seem at first glance and yet once again the ATS membership is turning a vigilante justice thread into a Star and Flag flogging fest.

The epitome of ignorance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join