It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chatty twins... infants at that

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
twins talking

Sam and Ren are 17-month-old twins and they have a lot to talk about! These bubbly baby boys have a hilarious conversation in their own baby language. Are they cracking each other up with jokes or arguing over what’s for lunch? Whatever the discussion, this baby babble is as hilarious as it is intriguing. Watch as these baby brothers take “baby talk” to a whole new level!...

Now I found this not only funny but quite interesting....

watch the vid and then I ll post seperate

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

they are transmitting information....

pitch and tone changed as did stance of first talking child

child 2 responds first change to giggles...

this is not just language formation they are exchanging information... talk about code

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Reminds me of this movie, I think it is called Talking Babies... All the infants/babies are born with the knowledge of all the secrets to the universe. They talk in their own language, but they forget it all at a certain age... It's a pretty funny movie

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
the main question is if it is feedback between the two building up or

a subfunction of twins.....

I will be building with my company in the next two years the fabled baby translator......

I personally think it is the little animal side doing water cooler talk.....

evolutionary linguistics anyone?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
You can tell when one is posing a question when his voice raises like an adults would. Some may say its only gibberish but I think theres something more to it. They say twins do share a special bond that most other siblings do not. Some twins have even created their own language that only the other sibling would understand...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

this one....

I heard a rumor there was a case of this being possible

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

S & F for you because THIS was exactly what I needed to see. I saw it on the nightly news and actually looked up the video on the computer before I saw this post. I was so nice to actually smile and laugh as I watched these adorable babies. It's so hard not to get wrapped up in all the gloom and doom you read on this site everyday. Throughout my time here, and even before I eventually made an account, I just have to take mental breaks because reading this stuff does break you down mentally.

Thank you for sharing the laugh for others. We ALL need a good one!

Peace!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
They also know they are being watched....

I mean a lot can be observed from some simple things...

The home is attention stable... note how the twins acknowledge the camera but continue the conversation

The parents I bet talk a lot to each other and use hand gestures....massive amounts

they listen intently.... with a direct looks

the parents play with the kids a lot.... the gesture of the kids actually reminds me of mocking (making fun of )

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
As an identical twin I LOVED this video when I saw it on the news.

It's adorable!

Yes twins do have their own language. My sister and I had ours but my mom said the doctor told her to nip it in the butt basically.

My mom said we would hold conversations with each other and nobody had a clue what we were saying.

Twins rule!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

thank you....

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I would like to add my two cents...

I have a twin sister. We are a special type of twins that many people argue don't exist. We are half identical twins. Meaning we are identical twins (other than the fact I am 1 inch taller) but born from separate "sacs".

Growing up I remember me and my sister having conversations like these. My mother says my sister and I would spend hours just "baby babbling" to each other.
Eventually we made up our own language consisting of facial expressions, body expression and vocal sounds.
Our older brother was never able to figure it out

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Amazing. They are communicating with their body language and voices (thought forms), even though they don't know any words.

The one kid is trying to climb up the fridge and the other one is trying to chastise him. They get into somewhat of an argument/confrontation.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

Sweet you are a twin too!

Im an identical one, not like yours and I believe you!

My sister and I did the same thing, nobody could understand us. We also grew up with a set of identical twins that my mom watched and they did the same thing when they were younger.

Yup twins rule!

I always say I'm a natural twin meaning I wasnt the result of invetro, it was all genetic. My mom didn't even know she was having twins.. I was a surprise! HAHA!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Adorable and a better than great example of kids being the awesome little humans they are.

Most of the communication between people occurs nonverbally anyway. I have no doubt that little ones who are always around each other like that and so very similar, can become very sensitive to each other's nonverbals. They're having a perfect wordless chat, and apparently enjoying it mightily.

A heartwarmer. If I could star ya more than once for it, I would

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Twin Speak happens.

That's part of what the movie Nell is about.

I'm more interested in what will be done about it - - if anything.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Dr. Maria Montessori called that baby language "Stringing words", although these two seemed to be focused on something beyond the syllables.
edit on 31-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I think this video is just sad. You see how the one baby puts his arms out at 00:16 seconds into the video? Ever seen that in a argument before? In my humble opinion, they are just mimicking their parents fighting, and I don't understand how that is supposed to be cute and funny.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It does look like one twin is saying "don't climb up there are u stupid your legs aren't long enough"
And the other one is laughing saying " oh you worry to much look iv took my sock off for extra grip it's gonna be fine stand back let me do my thing".

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB
I think this video is just sad. You see how the one baby puts his arms out at 00:16 seconds into the video? Ever seen that in a argument before? In my humble opinion, they are just mimicking their parents fighting, and I don't understand how that is supposed to be cute and funny.

That's exactly what i thought. Either that or too much Jerry Springer

join