It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly "Appointed" Libyan Rebel Leader -- Spent Last 20 Years Living in Washington DC

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Newly "Appointed" Libyan Rebel Leader -- Spent Last 20 Years Living in Washington DC

www.mcclatchydc.com

WASHINGTON - The new leader of Libya's opposition military spent the past two decades in suburban Virginia but felt compelled — even in his late-60s — to return to the battlefield in his homeland, according to people who know him. ...

"Khalifa has a personal grudge against Gadhafi... That was his purpose in life." ...

Since coming to the United States in the early 1990s, Hifter lived in suburban Virginia outside Washington, D.C. Badr said he was unsure exactly what Hifter did to support himself
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.miamiherald.com
www.legitgov.org

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Danbones posted this article in another thread and I thought it really deserved its own. Apologies if anyone else has already posted this.

Khalifa Hifter, who was "appointed" (I still don't understand who is assuming authority to appoint anyone to any official position
) to commanding general of all Libyan rebel forces, spent the last 2 decades living outside of Washington DC.

Hopefully I won't have to elaborate on why this is significant, given that Washington DC is not only the political and military capital of the United States but also home to an office or headquarters of about every American military intelligence or "national security" organization you can think of.

Since coming to the United States in the early 1990s, Hifter lived in suburban Virginia outside Washington, D.C. Badr said he was unsure exactly what Hifter did to support himself, and that Hifter primarily focused on helping his large family.

www.mcclatchydc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ok, why does this surprise you? The Powers That Be have decided to bring Libya into the fold. Of course they want to install their choice of leadership.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Is he taking flying lessons during 20 y ?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
(Not aimed specifically at U.S gov).....

CYNICAL, LYING BASTARDS.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Well many of our founding fathers in the US spent time in France... Franklin, Adams, Jefferson... That's how the concepts of liberty spread... I spoke with a Syrian today at the hospital who said he was very happy the US was handling the situation the way we are.

Liberty is infectious... And it needs all the help it can get.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Ok, why does this surprise you? The Powers That Be have decided to bring Libya into the fold. Of course they want to install their choice of leadership.

Just like the French during the American Revolution.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

There's a lot about this whole process I don't understand before I start parading it around as liberty in action.

Do you know who is making these appointments and when they declared themselves as some kind of official, or who exactly they represent?

There wouldn't be much liberty if the Libyan people themselves weren't the ones calling the shots.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This reminds me of a game we used to play as a child:

"Open your mouth and close your eyes and I will give you a big surprise!"

So don't ask silly questions about how this guy got 'appointed' just close your eyes and swallow what you are fed!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Gee, Afghanistan all over again.

Karzai worked for the RAND corporation for more than a decade before going in Afghanistan a few weeks before US troops invaded to rally the tribes...

And boom, mysteriously, he was ``elected`` and ``reelected`` again and again since 2001.

Doesn't matter that there's lots of corruption and that his brother is the biggest drug lord of Afghanistan... eh, he's the CIA guy.

What a FREAKING SURPRISE... NOT.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This is great news. They finally got someone with millitary experience and knows the Libyan millitary commanders. This is exactly what the rebels need to keep going and have strong ties to the West. Popular with the people and the millitary, he looks like the guy to liberate a unified Libya and keep radicals at bay.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I was under the understanding that the "rebels" were helping Al Quida in Iraq. If thats true, this is not a good thing at all. We just appointed the new leader of these so-called "terrorists".

I don't know what to think anymore.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Here's some more background on Khalifa Haftar from the UN.

Libya: The Djava Khalifa Haftar movement, whose founding leader is reportedly a soldier named Khalifah Haftar, who currently in exile in the United States (May 2006)

No current information on the existence of a group called the Djava Khalifa Haftar led by a man named Khalifa Haftar could be found among the sources consulted by the Research Directorate. Several sources cite the name Haftar, but without any mention of the Djava Khalifa Haftar group.

In March 2001, Le Monde diplomatique published a chapter of the book Manipulations africaines, in which the author indicated that [translation] "the Haftar force, created and financed by the CIA in Chad, vanished into thin air with the help of the CIA shortly after the Hissène Habré government was overthrown [in 1990 (IRIN 19 Apr. 2006)] by Idriss Déby" (see also The Washington Post 26 Mar. 1996). A report published by the Congressional Research Service (CRS) on the Web site of the Federation of American Scientists (FAS) notes that in 1996 the main opposition group in Libya was the Libyan National Salvation Front (LNSF), founded in 1981 and headed by Muhammad Al-Muqaryif (CRS 19 Dec. 1996). Its military wing is known as the Libyan National Army and is headed by Colonel Haftar (ibid.; see also The Washington Post 26 Mar. 1996).

www.unhcr.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
This is great news. They finally got someone with millitary experience and knows the Libyan millitary commanders. This is exactly what the rebels need to keep going and have strong ties to the West. Popular with the people and the millitary, he looks like the guy to liberate a unified Libya and keep radicals at bay.

You could get a job writing brochures for the Govt.. bravo!!.. and uniquely insightful!

Indeed.. fantastic news, who better to lead Libya than someone who hasn't lived there in 20 years!! Does it really matter who hand picked and "appointed" him?.. no! comrades! As long as he has a taste for uncle Sams fromunda cheese of Western freedom.. hip hip hooray!! Team America wins again!.. meaning we're all winners!!.. yeah, I'm a winner!!
the United States of Charlie Sheen: "Winning!"

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Well, if you are rooting for Kaddafi, muslim brotherhood, alqada this news makes your side the loser.
It's hard for the hate america at all costs crowd when their only alternative is to cheer on totalitarian or repressive and backwards societies.

There would be pity I believe for them except they live in the comforting bossom of the West as they spew their hatred of it at the same time. Clinically, self destructive behavior such as this usually ends up with the sufferer living off of disabillity paychecks, prescribed medications and frequent institutionalization.

Maybe there's a gene for this condition, we can only hope for a future cure.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I guess this means the cia is hiring for another replacement agent... I doubt it will be any of us...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
reply to post by GovtFlu

Well, if you are rooting for Kaddafi, muslim brotherhood, alqada this news makes your side the loser.
It's hard for the hate america at all costs crowd when their only alternative is to cheer on totalitarian or repressive and backwards societies.

What are you going on about? I thought it was already proven that the insurgency in Libya are connected with Al Qaeda and even its top commanders fought against coalition troops in Afghanistan and Iraq. In case you haven't noticed, the very rebels that you support so blindly are also the same "terrorists" that you've been fighting elsewhere.

Gee, way to completely undermine the entire efforts of dead coalition soldiers. Why the hell my soldiers are still supporting your lame ass cause is beyond me, because if we are fighting terrorists, then your forces are surely pulling the strings of the terrorists.

GovtFlu-
You could get a job writing brochures for the Govt.. bravo!!.. and uniquely insightful!

I think this sums it up, if you get what I'm saying:
Don't Be A Square
edit on 30-3-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
With the international banking cartel already setting up shop in Libya, another US puppet is part of the package.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
FFS. Here we go again.
Man, these CRETINS at the top really need to be brought down NOW.
We are suckers, fools, imbiciles and don't forget that
everything they do, we, the people work and pay for.
We are the DUMB instruments of our own destruction.
It has just gotten to be rediculous at this stage.
How easy we are making it for them.
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me about 14 billion times. Well, ah, um.....
We shouldn't fret too much i guess.
They won't be allowing most of us to exist for too much longer.
I think i, for one, will be happier going.
9/11 was a televisual fakery extravaganza, orchestrated to justify
the occupation and control of the middle east/cradle of civilisation,
as we are seeing now and have been seeing for the last 10 years.
Anyone who still doubts is simply more of a FOOL than the rest of us FOOLS.
FFS. This is just taking the utter P*SS.
Ah Well.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
That seems to me atleast, to a be conformation that this is a western ochestrated regime change. It's happened many times before and Libya appears to have crossed path with the wrong corporations and elites that have overthrown regimes in countries such as Cuba, Nicuragua, Honduras, Guatemala, Iran, South Vietnam, Iraq and countless others. What garuantee do we have that this isn't a western ochestrated plot.
Every previous regime change or covert operation to overthrow a regime has had pre-approved, or western hired leaders which have been pre-determined put in place. Now a Libyan living in America, is the leader of the rebel army. I'm confident there are more competent leaders who have lived in the local social, economic and political condition recently, who would be far more suited to take charge. Of course the West wouldn't look for such critirea, they would prefer a leader with legitamacy to be their puppet, not one that would re-build a nation and cross paths with corporate America. This whole scenario appears "fishy"
edit on 31-3-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join