It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is our life now just a stepping block?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I believe our goal in life is to learn. Learn what and how emotions effect us.

Think about this.. when you're born, you know nothing..quite 2 dimensional.. you learn to trust and love your mother.. you grow up, you break up with your first girlfriend and you learn what heart break is. You learn what betrayal is and depression is and the feeling of wanting something or the feeling of letting something go.. fear, hate, love, loyal, disloyal, apathy, excitement, dependance, independance, compacent, fulfilment.. theres literally hundreds of 'feelings' we learn to become more self-spiritually aware.

Perhaps we're here to learn how to exercise our mental/spirtual beings.. being prepared for the afterlife? Maybe the 4th dimension? Think of your life right now being a 3rd grade class to a 11 life (dimensional) course? Much like highschool.

With the recent discovery of the string theory and physicists actually talking about multiple dimensions.. makes you really wonder if we dont 'progress' into the next dimension after we've achieved our life here..

The way I live my life is to process each new feeling and try to figure out what it really means to me and how to use this feeling to make myself more aware of life.

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
One of the Asian religions is loosly based on something similar, I can't remember which one( Might be Buddism) but you start out on one level and end up at the top after many lives. It is an interesting theory and who knows might be true, the only marring thought is for example people with alzheimers.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Perhaps people with alziemhers werent ready to progress? A wiping of the mind and forcing them to restart perhaps.. who knows

Discussions of this calibur always intrigues me.. so many whatif's !

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Many people believe in the idea in coming to this world to learn, however I dont know. The idea of of this world being a stepping block is quiet interestin, and in fact one I have explored before, however I think it aint down to the idea of learning to feel, but some form of spirital nursery.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I really hope its a stepping stone to something else, or this life could end up being someone/somethings idea of a cruel joke, what can be gained by learning everything we know , just to have it wiped out at the end and to be no use, unless each generation are stepping stones to the next knowledge level.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
"Life is what you make it and if you make it death well rest your soul" Andrew wood.

This cant be any stepping stone as each persons life is different and not everyone experiences the same thoughts, feelings, emotions etc.

We are not one entity so i can not see how we can have a collective stepping stone.

new topics

top topics

join