It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Had Our Dog Put To Sleep

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Wow sorry for your lose, my girlfriend in North Carolina just lost her Golden Retriever the same night and had the same thing done for her dog because the ground was to hard to dig.

Like other have said, Dogs have souls. See the little black puppy in my avatar? She is four now and what an amazing friend she is, she is like a daughter to me. I personally believe God put Dogs on earth to keep us company at all times. They are full of love and totally loyal if they get the love in return. I for one think all dogs have their place beside us in Heaven, It wouldn't be much of a heaven if they were not there now would it be?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hi, It was hard for me to click on this, because I knew it would be painful, and so it is.

Sweetie, I'm so, so sorry. I know how much it hurts. Unfortunately, I do know.

I lost a dog years ago in much the same way, and he came to me a few days later in a dream, and it was wonderful. He was running in a beautiful field, much like the one in my avatar, and he was prancing around, chasing butterflies, and would zoom up to my face, panting, as if to say "see how happy I am", then gallop away again. It was ... beautiful. His health was restored, he was happy. He wanted to say "hi" to me, but he didn't want to stay with me. I knew.

There was something about that dream that brought me comfort.

Remember now, you have someone on the other side, who truly, truly loves you.

Time. It hurts, but it will get better for you. She is fine. I hope she comes to you in a dream. I think she will.
If she does, please let me know.

My best.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I am sorry for your loss. Sometimes the "non pet types" can't grasp the gravity of the loss or sadness and that is understandable. I believe dogs love unconditionally (cats too despite their often independent nature) and have had several over the years.

We generally have two at a time but when one passes we generally wait for a year out of sadness / respect. Given Tootie's age (great name) you were blessed as most seldom reach 15 or so.

I'm hopeful the overwhelming show of compassion and sympathy expressed by others who can truly empathize with your sadness provides a small amount of comfort.

I firmly believe all dogs go to heaven, because without them, there is no perfect place.

With sympathy. Sincerely.....kk
edit on 3-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I have never seen the movie Dune. Sounds like one that I need to watch. Thank you so much for your thoughtful post and kind words of comfort. I think I have fell into a depression more so than usual. Seems the easy things like coming onto a forum just to say thanks seem overwhelming. I am sure I will pull out of this. Just don't know when.

reply to post by StealthyKat

I am so glad you opened your home to a stray. They can be so loving and loyal. Sounds like he found a great friend in you. I doubt I get anymore pets anytime soon. Just the thought of losing the remaining 2 that I have seem too tough.

reply to post by Sky watcher

Your little furbaby avatar is cute. I am going to continue to think that I will see her again. God did create them so why wouldn't they be in heaven? Thank you so much.

reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I pray she comes into my dreams as well. That would be a welcomed dream. I sure hope time hurries up. I only broke down once yesterday. So I hope the worst is over. Thank you so much for your kind words. They mean so much to me during this difficult time.

reply to post by kinda kurious

It is a hard feeling to explain to non-pet people. My life revolves around my pets because we don't have kids. And as I have said before when you don't have kids your pets become your children. Thank you so much for your words. I really appreciate it KK.

TO EVERYONE: Thank you very much from the bottom of our hearts. I didn't want people to think I was rude by not coming back into respond to each and everyone that put words together to combine such thoughtful posts. I have been very down and I am trying to pull out of it. It seems that things that should be easy are not at this time. I'm fortunate to be surrounded by such kind people on this forum. Who when in time of need came into the thread to offer such kind words of sincere condolences and wisdom that reaches beyond the bounds of understanding and love for an owner and pet you never met. Thank you.

edit on 4-4-2011 by SavannahJane because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join