It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli minister proposes Gaza artificial island

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Israel is considering building an artificial island with sea and air ports off blockaded Gaza, as a long-term solution to shipping goods into the Hamas-run Palestinian enclave, the transport minister said.

An island would ... give the Palestinians port services and even an airport down the line," Katz said, proposing the project include desalination and power plants, hotels -- and Hamas's rival, the Palestinian Authority, as a partner.

af.reuters.com...

Oh I am sure that Israel has the best interests of the Palestinian people in mind here. This sounds to me like nothing more than a place to ship the Palestinians', a way to round them up. A modern day concentration camp, if you will.

edit on 30-3-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2011 by IamAbeliever because: add link

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I agree with you there, reminds me of the brochures they spread around to advertise the Ghettos. They were made to look like holiday camps in them.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

A modern day concentration camp, if you will.

Oh boy, you've gone and done it now, likening the Nazis treatments to how Israel treats the people of Gaza (a fair comparison in my opinion). That's a no no and expect to be informed that you are antisemitic.

I don't think that is the plan though, i also doubt they give 2 cents about fair treatment. This sounds more like a method to appease some by opening up ports, but having tight and total control, removing any justification for blockade breaches (in Israels eyes) and would only mean more problems for Gaza.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Oh boy, you've gone and done it now, likening the Nazis treatments to how Israel treats the people of Gaza (a fair comparison in my opinion). That's a no no and expect to be informed that you are antisemitic.

The above statement of yours I quoted is completely true. Israel thinks due to the events of WW2, they have the right to imitate the Nazis. They don't like to be reminded that they are the modern day nazis.

Why on earth would Israel build an island off of Gaza and put the PLA on it? Sounds like they have some hidden motives, but everything Israel does is fueled by greed and self gratification, none of their actions have the intentions of the imprisoned people of Palestine in mind.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It's like someone walking into your home, kicking you out and giving you a tent to sleep in your back garden. Then when you get a little pissed at being forced in to the garden, you throw some rocks at the house. The new house owner responds, by destroying the tent you were living in and decides you need be located in a new tent miles away on an Island.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Yep, I remember those concentration camp airports. They were awful, first class didnt even have fresh lobster, only the frozen stuff. ugh.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Share with me your version of the Israel/Palestine conflict please.

In 1947 the U.N. passed a vote to partition Palestine in to separate Jewish and Arab states, to which the Zionist leaders agreed but the Palestinian Arab leaders rejected it and all independent Muslim and Arab states voted against it. Almost immediately, sectarian violence erupted and spread, killing hundreds of Arabs, Jews and British over the ensuing months.

The rapid evolution of events precipitated into a Civil War. Arab volunteers of the Arab Liberation Army entered Palestine to fight with the Palestinians, but the April–May offensive of Yishuv forces defeated the Arab forces and Arab Palestinian society collapsed

This is from my old history book... take it as you will, but i see this whole damn thing as arabs being greedy, and whining when they didnt get their way, and this is Israels answer to end the violence.

edit on 30-3-2011 by Kingbreaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingbreaker

Are you denying that the treatment of Palestinians by the Israeli's is comparable to how the Nazis treated the Jews?

Are you denying that Israel stole land from the Palestinians with help from western powers?

Are you denying that the Israelis deny the Palestinians the necessities of life?

Are you denying that the Israelis bomb schools and hospitals indiscriminately in the name of fighting "terrorism"?

Two words... white phosphorus.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

In 1947 the U.N. passed a vote to partition Palestine in to separate Jewish and Arab states

The U.N. is a farce. Would you stand by if the U.N. decided to give a bunch of Europeans your land that you and your ancestors lived on for a long time and put you in segregated prisons? Your view on this scenario does not hold water.

This is from my old history book...

History books are lies. It is up to you to filter out all the crap you were lied to about as a child. He who wins the war writes history.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If it was a floating island, the Israeli's could move it every night by a small amount and eventually be rid of the Pal's who would wake up one morning and find themselves miles away.

Crackpot idea from crackpots.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker

Share with me your version of the Israel/Palestine conflict please.

In 1947 the U.N. passed a vote to partition Palestine in to separate Jewish and Arab states, to which the Zionist leaders agreed but the Palestinian Arab leaders rejected it and all independent Muslim and Arab states voted against it. Almost immediately, sectarian violence erupted and spread, killing hundreds of Arabs, Jews and British over the ensuing months.

The rapid evolution of events precipitated into a Civil War. Arab volunteers of the Arab Liberation Army entered Palestine to fight with the Palestinians, but the April–May offensive of Yishuv forces defeated the Arab forces and Arab Palestinian society collapsed

This is from my old history book... take it as you will, but i see this whole damn thing as arabs being greedy, and whining when they didnt get their way, and this is Israels answer to end the violence.

This is awesomely hilarious. So the Arabs were greedy because they didn't want to share? If that is the case, why didn't we all stand behind Iraq in 1990, because the Kuwaitis didn't want to share, or China because Tiawan doesn't want to share? This isn't Kindergarten, sharesies doesn't happen automatically. I suppose the Palestinians are still a bunch of a**holes because they still don't want to share those 2 tiny strips of land they are left with, even though the Israelis are still using the "forced sharesies" plan. They aren't allowed to keep water because they need to share it all. Although to credit the Israelis they do share too; their small arms ammo, white phospherous, tank shells, attack helicopter rockets.

This island is just another form of complete control over what gets in and out. People can't be treated like this. You can't expect to lock up a group of people, treat them like dirt, and expect them to take it with a smile and say "Please sir may I have another." You end up getting the reaction that we are getting now.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well, there was a thread recently where Israel made some threat that if the UN recognized Palestine they would take severe unilateral action (whatever that means to you
). I think that by proposing this ridiculous proposition Israel feels they will be justified in their unilateral action, because Palestine did not accept their offer.

What country (which is what will be the result of UN recognition) has to have their imports/exports or mail searched by another country?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

heh, knew you'd come back on the history book, guess your saying lack of evidence is evidence huh?

1. I know the U.N is a farce.
2. hmm let me know what the official death toll of Palestinians is, If its near 7-10 million then i will concede your point on this one.
3. Take the theft thing up with the British, as it was they who had the land, then later gave it to both the Jews and Palestinians.
4. The Israelis are denying them the necessities of life because Palestinians are firing rockets at civilian homes and murdering civilian families in their sleep.

but please, prove to me that these people can call themselves Palestinians and that they have any more right to the land then the Jews, i mean.. if im looking at my world atlas correctly, i see no piece of land that says Palestine. so it seems to me the name Palestinian is about the same as someone saying they are Republican,Dem,liberal,conservative.

and if my earlier paragraph was not clear enough, the "Zionists" were perfectly fine with the land they were given, even willing to share with the "Palestinians" but the latter wanted MORE. thus civil war broke out. this whole thing is nothing more than the Arab world wanting to kick infidels out of the neighborhood.

PLEASE tell me why Israel is so important to the arabs? is it because of the rock, they already conquered Jerusalem.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I'm back... (insert sarcastic smiley face here)

Please forgive me but your last post was so wrong that I feel obligated to dissect it.

heh, knew you'd come back on the history book

Listen pal, you knew nothing. You took a 50/50 guess and got lucky. Get ready for a lesson from the history book called reality.

guess your saying lack of evidence is evidence huh?

I never said that, please point out where I typed those words, or anything remotely close.

hmm let me know what the official death toll of Palestinians is, If its near 7-10 million then i will concede your point on this one.

I assume you are comparing the treatment of present day Palestinians versus the grossly over-estimated number of European Jews killed during the Holocaustbut I will humor your attempt at sympathizing for the Zionist agenda. The "official" number is around 4-6 million. Which I disagree with but that is a whole thread in itself. That being said it has no relation to the treatment of Palestinians by the Israelis. Leave it to a Zionist supporter to turn this into Jew versus Muslim. You have been exposed my friend.

Take the theft thing up with the British, as it was they who had the land, then later gave it to both the Jews and Palestinians.

It is not the British systematically stealing land until this very day, building settlements in defiance of UN resolutions and pressure from their own allies.

The Israelis are denying them the necessities of life because Palestinians are firing rockets at civilian homes and murdering civilian families in their sleep.

That is absurd. A few extremists launch a few rockets, so let's punish the whole population. You want to play the numbers game? How about you look up the amount of Israelis who have been killed by these rockets versus the Palestinians who have died by the hands of the Israeli war machine.

The rest of your post is nonsensical gibberish. I will answer the questions you posed after you answer the questions I asked you first in my previous post. It's only fair right?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Leave it to a Zionist supporter to turn this into Jew versus Muslim. You have been exposed my friend.

exposed? if feeling that a people who have been persecuted for far longer than you or i have been alive, should be able to have a place to call their own, makes me a Zionist supporter, so be it.

But please, as i asked before, tell me why its so important that the Jewish people not have Israel

Prove to me that it was the Jews who turned around and just started killing people off
Prove to me that the Palestine's deserve the land anymore than the Jews..

Seriously, i beg, enlighten me friend. you seem to know full well, share with me.

That is absurd. A few extremists launch a few rockets, so let's punish the whole population. You want to play the numbers game? How about you look up the amount of Israelis who have been killed by these rockets versus the Palestinians who have died by the hands of the Israeli war machine.

Why haven't all the Arab nations risen up on the side of the PS's and taken Israel out? if your claims of a Palestinian holocaust are true, why hasn't the international community done something? surely china, or russia , or some other country would intervene? or is everyone in the world Zionist??

It is not the British systematically stealing land until this very day, building settlements in defiance of UN resolutions and pressure from their own allies.

well obviously Israel, as you do, believe the UN is a farce.
and pressure only started from their allies as soon as Obama came along.. who is a Muslim sympathizer, if not indeed Muslim

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I asked you some questions first that you refuse to answer. Typical Zionist supporter you are, deflecting from reality creating illusions that only you believe. I will still answer some of your questions though.

But please, as i asked before, tell me why its so important that the Jewish people not have Israel Prove to me that it was the Jews who turned around and just started killing people off Prove to me that the Palestine's deserve the land anymore than the Jews..

Nakba Day (Arabic: يوم النكبة Yawm an-Nakbah), meaning "day of the catastrophe",[1] is an annual day of commemoration for the Palestinian people of the anniversary of the creation of Israel.[2] It is held every May 15, the day after the anniversary of Israel's Independence according to the Gregorian calendar and the day marks the expulsions and flight of Palestinians from their towns and villages in the face of Jewish and later Israeli troop advances and their displacement from Palestine, and the loss of their property.[3][4]

In 1947, the United Nations General Assembly proposed partitioning The British Mandate of Palestine into two states, Jewish and Arab. The Jewish community accepted the UN partition plan, while the Arab community in Palestine, supported by the Arab League, rejected the UN proposal and vowed to oppose it by armed struggle. In the ensuing war, in which the Palestinian Arabs failed to prevent the establishment of a Jewish state according to the partition plan, an estimated 700,000 Palestinian refugees,[5] and the destruction and abandonment of up to 418 Palestinian villages[6] are called al-Nakba ("The Catastrophe") by Palestinians. Prior to its adoption by the Palestinian nationalist movement, the term more commonly referred to the 1920 Battle of Maysalun, in which the French army invaded Syria and deposed Arab Revolt leader King Faisal I.[7] Israel declared its independence from the United Kingdom on the evening of May 14, 1948. That same night five of the seven countries of the Arab League launched a military operation against Israel; this marks the start of the 1948 Arab-Israeli War. The Israel Defence Forces defeated the armies of Egypt, Syria, Transjordan, Lebanon and Iraq and seized just over fifty per cent of the territory allocated for an Arab state in the partition. After the end of the war, the vast majority of Palestinian Arab refugees outside the 1949 armistice lines were barred by the Israelis from returning to their homes, many of which had been destroyed and seized, or from reclaiming their property.[5][6].

wikipedia.org

Present day Israel has no right to exist from a humanitarian stand point. It is an illegal take over endorsed by the powers that were and still be. I will not go into the whole chain of events that lead up to this, that would take a whole detailed thread in itself, and it has been discussed on ATS many times.

Why haven't all the Arab nations risen up on the side of the PS's and taken Israel out?

Because Israel is backed by the USA and the mighty American tax dollar. Israel also possesses nuclear weapons. Which they will not let anyone else possess, yet Israel will not let inspectors to inspect their nuclear program.

well obviously Israel, as you do, believe the UN is a farce. and pressure only started from their allies as soon as Obama came along.. who is a Muslim sympathizer, if not indeed Muslim

Israel has been condemned by most the world way before the Obama administration. Even Kenedy openly opposed Israeli policy. Some even claim that may be one of the reasons for his assassination.

Now perhaps you may take the time to kindly answer some of the simple questions I posed to you in my earlier posts. I am done answering your questions until you answer some of mine.

edit on 30-3-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I have one more question as well, you can avoid all the other ones and answer only this one if you wish.

You ask me why the Palestinians should have Israel versus the current day Israelis. I ask you, why should Israel have Palestine? Why of all places did the UN choose Israel to give to the Jewish people who were persecuted during WW2? Surely there were other suitable plots of land that are much larger and had no people. Why did they choose a land that was already occupied for a very long time by another group or people? The more logical thing would have been to give the victims of the holocaust a piece of land that was available, but they chose to force people out of their homes instead. Do yo not get it? Are you blind? Do you not see what is wrong with this picture? You must lack compassion and decent goodness if you think it was right to force these people out of their homes.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Jeeez man, where in the world do you get your “facts” from?

Jews lived in the land of Israel during the Biblical time (way long before Islam), during Babylon occupation, during the occupation of Alexander of Macedonia (the great), the Romans, Ottoman, and British. While many were exiled, there were always Jewish communities there.
Arabs did not begin their migration to that land until 1920's. They did it as a means for getting employments, but mostly to counter the Zionist movement.

It's funny how you and other Israel “lovers” say the the UN is a farce when it comes to the Partition resolution, but at the same time mention how many UN resolutions were made against Israel.

And on the same note, since you tend to sympathize with people being kicked from their homes, why don't you ever mention the hundreds of thousands Jews that were persecuted and were forced to leave their homes, their properties stolen and were slaughtered, all of which happened in Muslim countries starting at the beginning of the 20's century.

What I'm trying to say in a nutshell, you are a hypocrite that spread lies based on pure hate and ignorance, and that's about the only thing “exposed” here.
Go to your local library and read some history books, is the best advice I can give to someone like you.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Jeeez man, where in the world do you get your “facts” from?

I get my facts from some place called reality, you should visit it sometime.

Jews lived in the land of Israel during the Biblical time

This thread is not bout Judaism. It is about the proposal of an island off the coast of Gaza. The Palestinians are related by blood to the original inhabitants of biblical Judea compared to the current inhabitants who originate from Europe anyways.

And on the same note, since you tend to sympathize with people being kicked from their homes, why don't you ever mention the hundreds of thousands Jews that were persecuted and were forced to leave their homes, their properties stolen and were slaughtered, all of which happened in Muslim countries starting at the beginning of the 20's century.

My ancestors were kicked out by the British from Acadia, does that give me and my family the right to evict you and your family from their home and claim the property as my own due to what happened in the past? I sympathize for the treatment of the people you mentioned, but it does not give them the right to do what they did because it happened to their relatives many years ago. Everything you have said so far is completely ridiculous. Either you are a troll, or you lack basic intelligence.

What I'm trying to say in a nutshell, you are a hypocrite that spread lies based on pure hate and ignorance, and that's about the only thing “exposed” here. Go to your local library and read some history books, is the best advice I can give to someone like you.

I have exposed you as the real hypocrite due to the fact that you support the Israelis evicting Palestinians off their land because of the events that happened to practitioners of the Jewish faith during WW2. In a nutshell you said it is okay for the Israelis to do it, because their ancestors had it happen to them. Once against I need to remind you that this thread is not about religion (Judaism/Islam). Bigoted Zionists such as yourself hate it when we prove our points with logic and facts, so you try to say that our comments are hateful or racist. That is not the case pal. I do not judge anyone by their race, religion, or any other denomination. It is a smoke screen that Zionists use to hide their shame and guilt for the actions they support. Go ahead call me an anti-semite... I am nothing close to that.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Why of all places did the UN choose Israel to give to the Jewish people who were persecuted during WW2?

Because they were in fact, there first.

In 634, Rightly Guided Caliph Umar conquered Syria and turned the Christians’ most prominent spot, the Church of Job, famous for being visited by Saint Silva in the fourth century, into the Mosque of Job.

In 637, Caliph Umar conquered Hebron and turned the second-most prominent spot in Judaism, the Cave of the Patriarchs, into the Ibrahim Mosque. (This was repeated by Saladin in 1188.)

In 638, Muslim generals Amr ibn al-As and Khalid ibn al-Walid conquered Gaza and turned the prominent fifth-century Byzantine church into the Great Mosque of Gaza.

In 638, Caliph Umar conquered Jerusalem.

In 691, Caliph Al-Malik ordered the _Dome of the Rock_ built on the most prominent spot in Judaism, the Temple Mount, followed by Caliph Al-Walid building the Al-Aqsa Mosque there in 705.

In 651, Muslims conquered Persia and turned Zoroastrian temples in Bukhara and Istakhr into mosques.

In 706, after Muslims took Damascus from the Byzantine Empire, Caliph Al-Walid turned the prominent Orthodox Church of St. John the Baptist into the Umayyad Mosque.

Victory Mosques

Evidently, it is widely believed that Jews in whatever form were in the land known as Palestine ( or Zion, Canaan, Land of Israel, Syria Palaestina, Southern Syria, Jund Filastin, Outremer, if you prefer) first. And that what gravitational has said, is also correct.

Your sir, sound more and more like an extremist sympathizer with each post. Perhaps there are elements within Israel that are malevolent, but that's true everywhere else I'd say. Jews just want to live, where their ancestors lived. You have the most famous book in world history stating this fact. I do not believe they are all evil like you seem to. And how do you explain Hamas? founded in 1987 as an offshoot of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood. isn't the edict of Islamic extremists to kill all non-Muslims, and "Cafeteria" Muslims? wouldn't Jews count as , Non-Muslim?

Believe what you want, the bible says Israel shall never lose a battle.

Good day sir.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join