It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next time you beep your horn or swear at someone out of anger, stop and think......!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
All those people we have beeped our horns at or cursed under our breath, (and we have all done it) for taking too long in a line, all the people we dont even give a second look at as we pass them on the street could be the ones to pull you to safety or vise versa in these great changing times we all could possibly be facing, life is about curve balls as soon as you think you have a grip on it and you know whats goin to happen every thing changes and we all stand there like dear in the headlights so to speak.

Its not only important to prepare physically but also mentally, allot including myself are wanting the world to change because of the horrible system we have built for ourselves, but really do we know whats in store? If you want these things to happen just cause you dont like your job and are tired of living with little money then you are not thinking this through, because when things get seriously bad, there will be no sleep not relaxing on your couch watching your shows and playing games, comfort as you know it will no longer exist, and you will be wishing for that low paying job you have grown to hate to come back.

Order out of chaos, is exactly what that means, in order to correct the world we live in to become more enjoyable to live will take great destruction and turmoil yet it will not be most of us that will get to see the out come for those who survive will pave the way for the future dwellers of the planet if we get to stay here and we must inform of the greats times of deceit we lived in, in order not to have it repeat, this is our calling and all we need to do it prepare mental for the worst.

good luck all.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
We can't all be as patient as those in Delhi.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gmac10001

I totally agree and I have been guilty of that act too. However, regardless if someone has flipped me off or swore, if someone was in danger, it is my moral obligation and duty to come to their aid.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Have you heard of the German Autobahn?

No speed limit!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Its a good point, I think one of the reasons we become so frustrated with such meaningless things is because even the "sheeple" know the world is not right, everybody knows it wether aware of it or not. And here we are, taking part in the daily grind while 99% of the people around us have no idea about reality outside TV.

This actually makes me think of something that happened to me a few weeks after I first got my drivers license, A guy tried to dangerously undertake and I refused to let him pass, So he braked heavy & "chased" me up to my house, with kids in the back no less.

I jumped from the car, ran to his door, looked him right in the eye & said, "Do you want to Die?", He just looked at me scared & confused. I pointed out, that he just chased me, WITH HIS KIDS, onto MY street with no idea who I was was or what I could do. This guy risked his & his childrens life for NOTHING, not a thing, all because he tried to commit a traffic offense and failed, so he got angry at me. Very strange, and im pretty sure that has changed the way that guy looks at these situations (well I hope it has). People oddly seem willing to risk their lives for meaningless BS or pointless shiny objects, but something that actually matters? I THINK NOT! Its the way of the Lemming!

In the same sense I could have gotten angry & physically attacked the guy & ended up in jail for nothing. I believe it comes down to the media CONSTANTLY telling people they are special its a case of "You have no right to do that to me, I Demand satisfaction!" it gets us nowhere. (I believe this is one of the biggest hurdles we face as a species)

Also I have to agree about the way things will have to go before they get better. Seems to me some of the "awake" among us seem to think it'll be "Just like fallout 3" I'm afraid they will be in for quite a shock. (was in the survival forum a while back and people were discussing the best weapons for this type of scenario, I was one of the few people that pointed out knowing how to use the weapon is actually more important than the weapon itself! It takes more than saying your awake to break the illusion!)
edit on 30/3/11 by S3ns1bl3 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
WHAT?!!!

Get in my way or drive foolishly, and my horn and finger is instinctive and my friend...

...too many dumb drivers and idiots on the roads slowing down productivity or clogging the roadways with accidents .

Dont have time to consider the idiots on the roadways being a future Saviour... sorry not gonna happen.

Now OP, GET OUTTA MY WAY, BEEP BEEP!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Why wait until we have a catastrophic event to start living the survivor life?

You're already there.

Nothing wrong with preparing in advance for difficult times, but don't obsess on it.
Best to live in the present moment. While we still have one. Muhahaha.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Yep,

They start a situation,

You add to it by doing something out of anger,

They may kill you over it.

If someone cuts me off or flips me off I just ignore it. (sticks & stones kinda thing)

Now if they follow me or stop me then I am prepared to defend myself with force if need be.

I am not going to get into a shooting match because someone flips me off.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

And people are shocked when some lunatic opens fire on the road.

I lock my car at the speed limit with the cruise control. If somebody wants to cut me off or pass me close or whatever they want to do that's their problem not mine. Que sera.

Besides, I'm armed. There's a chance the other driver is too. Is poor road etiquette really worth getting killed or killing for?

Since I've been carrying daily I've become the most Zen guy ever regarding people and their bad behavior.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Isn't that what Jesus said, "turn the other cheek"? Seriously though, spontaneous signs of anger are a bad habit. Nothing more, people become accustomed to not containing their flashes of emotions. That's one thing, though, actually following through with it and hurting someone or trying to scare them, etc, is an unwarranted extremity. Expect a bit of road rage here and there, but don't get yourself involved in a war. Rationality seems to be what a lot of people lack these days - replaced by an excess of naivety.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
When someone flips you off they are doing one
of two things...
1.Showing their age
2.Showing their IQ

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

"All those people we have beeped our horns at or cursed under our breath, (and we have all done it) for taking too long in a line, all the people we dont even give a second look at as we pass them on the street could be the ones to pull you to safety"

Yeah they will most likely be the ones who put you at risk of an accident and then driving off so you better hope somebody else comes along to pull you to safety. Some tool zooming around on their cell phone weaving into my lane or merging into me will surely get a full horn blow from me to wake em up. I think I'm the one who may be saving their lives. Or some twit who can't find their turn signal needs a horn to remind em the laws of the road. I don't flip anybody off but if they put me or my family in any danger on the road my horn does the talking and loudly if need be. They wanna scream or flip me off thats fine it means I got their ignorant attention.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Many years ago, I almost Tboned another motorist when he pulled out in front of me. I had the right of way and I was also able to stop before hitting him. He had also stopped his car in front of mine. After checking my pants, I honked and flipped the old bird.

The guy actually got of his car, in the middle of the road, and approached me while yelling, swearing and raising his fists. My only thought was that I would not be able to defend myself while sitting in my car. I grabbed my 3Dcell mag lite and got out of the car. He took one look at me and ran back to his car. I was also a foot taller and 100 pounds heavier than that little "Napolean".

Anyway, I was rather lucky that he didn't have a gun and he was lucky, as the aggressor, that I didn't have one either. I am also glad that I did not dent my trusty Mag Lite.

Should that same incident happen today, I would stay in my car, gun at the ready, waiting for the imminent threat to advance on me.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Actually, the next time someone in a cage, talking on a cell phone, almost hits me on my bicycle, you better be sure I will scream at them at the top of my lungs and if they ever stop I will drag them out of the car and shove that cell phone up where the sun don't shine.

Yes indeedy!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

See what could happen for flipping the bird?
We need to learn to keep our middle finger
in the down position,not up!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

A good way to deal with this kind of frustration is to imagine that the person who just cut you off just lost their child and was on the way to the morgue to identify the body.

It is good practice to remember that your ego is not the center of the universe, and that sometimes people drive like idiots because something horrible has happened to them and they are doing the best they can.

I also always remember the morticians I waited on in college who when I told them I was so sorry the kitchen was slow that day laughed and said,

"We arent in a hurry. The morgue is FULL of people who were in a hurry. "

Makes you think.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Its really irritating when someone on the rode doesn't patience driving. beeping their electric horns every time some car stop in front of them. I think they should have some law against this car horns.

top topics

join