It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes, I Forget Why I'm Doing This. Then I Remember...IT'S FOR YOU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I cannot say I blame the world for looking down on the US and criticizing some/many of our actions- be it domestic, or internationally.
Personally, I will admit that I am EMBARRASSED AND ASHAMED of 'our' government,
but not of our people.

I made this video awhile back as a tribute to those who have lost their lives fighting for freedom;
for those who died,
fighting for what they believe is right-
for HUMANITY.

Most Americans- ya know...us, *ahem*, 'common-folk'

Even the 'sheep'-
Are loving, compassionate, and rational-
Sadly, we've been duped along the way, and our government DOES NOT represent us-
it hasn't for quite some time.
I've noticed a lot of anti-American sentiment type threads lately, and just wanted to share something that hopefully will touch you,
*(and NO- NOT IN A PERVY WAY...GET YOUR MINDS OUTTA THE GUTTERS PEOPLE! lol)*
no matter your country of origin.

We are all the same inside-
we feel pain, love, sadness, joy, anger, surprise, etc etc-
It's time for us- the world-
as HUMAN BEINGS,
to start focusing on our similarities...not our differences.
FOR WE ARE FAR MORE SIMILAR, THAN WE ARE DIFFERENT.

And there is so much beauty to behold in that fact.

Peace and Love

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

Personally, I will admit that I am EMBARRASSED AND ASHAMED of 'our' government, but not of our people.

Makes me think that it is sometimes too easy to generalize. And I must keep in mind that you're litterally bombarded with diluted informations from your medias and educationnal system and that the Freedom of Speech does not necessarily means getting to the thruth..

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I like the video

America is an extremely diverse country, people that look from the outside-in need to understand that. we have some of the most amazing, caring, and knowledgeable people in the world living here. Unfortunately, as most things negative, the bad gets spoken of far more than the good.

What is sad for me to see, is the good people, the ones that can actually make a difference in this world, being over diluted with political non sense. There was a thread yesterday mentioning the Bp oil spill, or a similar event in the Gulf, causing dead dolphins to wash up ashore. Independent scientist began to research and discover what "real" issue was, only to be silenced by the Obama Administration.

There is a positive, more and more citizens are waking up every day and beginning to see through the bull$hit. Bush was an idiot, yes. But idiots are great at lying and cheating their ways through life It was much easier for the sheep to follow. Now you have Obama, who all the sheep fell in love with and saw as the greatest thing since sliced bread. He is being caught in lies on a regular basis, his incompetence is nearly transparent to all
Just my 2 cents

edit on 3/30/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Thanks y'all!
It's encouraging to see that there are still rational, compassionate people in this world that are able to retain/maintain perspective despite all the chaos.

top topics

join