It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Radiation Travel via People from Japan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I am somewhat knowledged about radiation, however this evening kind of freaked me out. And I thought I would ask you guys what you think.

My husband and I were at dinner, and a large group (20+) of Japanese business men were seated next to us, because of the Toyota plant in our city. So it is likely these men traveled from all over Japan, to my city, and sat next to us for 45 minutes and have traveled within the past few days.

So my question is, I dont trust the MSM and I dont believe that radiation is being watched as closely as they say they are in the airports and so forth. And I dont believe that the radiation has been contained either.

So my question is, can radiation, follow the Japanese men to this country (ie the suits and ties they were wearing) etc... I dont mean to be paranoid, but I have practically no immune system due to a condition I have and this concerned me at dinner.

Please advise

edit on 29-3-2011 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

the short answer is yes...particles can travel on clothing etc...
but please remember..just because of the race you can not determine where they have been etc..

hope that helps

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

They were from Japan because they were sitting with Toyota businessmen from our city, because they had their id cards still on their clothes. Japanese businessmen frequently come to our city to oversee the plant. I am not racial profiling.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I am not racial profiling

please don't think that I was accusing you of that...I did feel that I needed to point that out before I got flamed however

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Cool. I just wanted to know what the risks were for people traveling. Are people being scanned for radiation at the airport? I know goods/imports are, but are people? I know alot about Japan, and alot of the businessmen, live upwards of an hour or more so outside of Tokyo. Some may have traveled from an affected area. I was just wondering what precautions airports are taking to keep people safe.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

This link may help answer your question:

www.bt.cdc.gov...

new topics

top topics

join