It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Street View: 14: ChemTrails and Obama's Performance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
In this latest version of Street View, our team heads back to the streets of New York to see if people are aware of "ChemTrails" and the related conspiracies. While the idea of chemically-infused contrails spark a lot of debate here on ATS, very few people actually heard of them. And as if chemtrails weren't controversial enough, our team also asked people what they think about the performance of President Obama. And as a lucky-strike extra, our team encountered one of the funniest and most-relevant hippie jokes we've heard.

edit on 8-6-2015 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
our team encountered one of the funniest and most-relevant hippie jokes we've heard.

It was really really funny, especially coming from that guy, lol; like it or not, ready or not, the hippies won the battle of the sixties.

I'm surprised so few people knew about the chem-trails conspiracy theory. Do those people have to sign a release to be on ATS live?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I am surprised that most didn't have a clue on chemtrails, maybe they aren't spraying over New York City...very positive for the most part when asked about Obama, good to hear but surprised.

Another great Street View, glad to see that it getting longer and longer each week, good job.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Very enlightening. I mean to know how non-engaged the average person is is one thing, but to actually see it! whew

I'm really not surprised most hadn't heard of chemtrails, I mean most spell checks even say it isn't a word...

I once asked a Air Force pilot about chemtrails and just got a puzzled look. I explained the theory and he just laughed. He had never even heard of it and has been a pilot most of his adult life all over the world.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Campaigning Obama made "500 promises"?? Somehow I missed those....

Any sources? LOL!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hasn't chemtrails been beat to death like a dead horse? I guess I got so tired of the subject after 2 years as site admin of chemtrails.org that I kind of just became hardened to the subject. It is interesting to see the public reaction to this subject this many years later. Glad to see that it is still in the public eye after all these years. Maybe those radio talk shows I did way back then had some greater purpose. Mostly I just learned with that experience that there will never be more than perhaps 3%-%5 of the population awake and concerned about what is happening around them other than what they are being told to pay attention to. At least in the United States that is. Nice show overall.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

You can browse his campaign promises here

number taken from here

While on the campaign trail, Barack Obama made hundreds of promises. And throughout the president's first year in office, the Pulitzer Prize-winning Web site PolitiFact has tracked each one of those commitments.

Just before Obama took office, PolitiFact combed through campaign documents, speeches and debate transcripts to see what promises he had made. They found more than 500 individual promises and put each of them into a database to be monitored closely.

They found 91 promises have been fulfilled, 33 compromised on, 87 stalled and 14 broken. The remaining promises are designated as being "in the works."

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
My God, are these folks in NY naive or what ???
What the heck are they breathing up there ???
Or are they just so brainwashed they can't make
it back to reality. This is so sad, really I mean that.
These people who put these videos together
do a wonderful job and that brunette is so cute

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Wow just when I thought people were waking up, 95% still love the big O and have no clue about anything else. What the hell..It is NY though. No offense.

Deebo
edit on 29-3-2011 by Deebo because: add

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
I am surprised that most didn't have a clue on chemtrails, maybe they aren't spraying over New York City...very positive for the most part when asked about Obama, good to hear but surprised.

Another great Street View, glad to see that it getting longer and longer each week, good job.

WHAT!?!? Are you kidding me? Good to hear that not a single person they interviewed had a single clue about anything Obeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaazy has done since he's been potus?!?!

You must be joking? Not a single person had a single clue of anything that Obama has been involved in... they were completely uniformed, and you think this is good that since they were clueless they automatically fall back on a statement that is more about personal public relations then about the answer to the question?

I am shocked and appauled at the response to the Obama question, as the rest of the people at this board should be to......

WTF?!!?!?!?!?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
To be honest the ONLY people I know who believe in Chemtrails are ATS users, I had certainly never heard of them before coming on ATS, it's a bit of stretch to imagine the general public to believe in one of the more "out there" conspiracies.

Apart from that I like these ATS Street view video's.
edit on 30-3-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

What the heck are they breathing up there ???

A crap load of pollution and smog no doubt.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
"How many Hippies does it take to change a light bulb?"
"None.......hippies can't change anything"

That statement / question / joke is both funny and sad.....after all whats so funny about peace love and understanding.

On Obama.......I feel like a conman talked me out of a vote......next time I will remember, that to a politician, the difference between a promise and an out and out lie is a grey area to be exploited.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I am glad people aren't worried about chemtrails. I am sad they didn't ask people what they thought of Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster. I think they all kind of go together.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mason mike

I'm mainly concerned that the chemtrails are actually Bigfoot poison and Nessy is somehow responsible as she wants to kill off Bigfoot and be the most popular crypto again!

I still think regardless of whether or not chemtrails are real or invented people should at least be aware of the theory. It isn't an ATS only thing.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
I still think regardless of whether or not chemtrails are real or invented people should at least be aware of the theory. It isn't an ATS only thing.

I don't know, kids were just fine, not worrying about the monsters under their bed until their parents told them they were there. I think there is enough to worry about right now without inventing a new boogyman. maybe after we stop killing everyone for their oil, we can get back to worrying about fantasy conspiracies.

But I did like your humor, and I think your right about nessie.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mason mike

Originally posted by Jinglelord

I don't know, kids were just fine, not worrying about the monsters under their bed until their parents told them they were there. I think there is enough to worry about right now without inventing a new boogyman. maybe after we stop killing everyone for their oil, we can get back to worrying about fantasy conspiracies.

Indeed. Well said sir!

IRM

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The ignorance is rampant...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

I once asked a Air Force pilot about chemtrails and just got a puzzled look. I explained the theory and he just laughed. He had never even heard of it and has been a pilot most of his adult life all over the world.

Most pilots do laugh at the "theory".

I wonder why?.....

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Well to me it was a little disappointing, save the flames it is just my opinion after all. By presenting a specific subject, people are forced to respond with how it relates to them. In this case a lot of disinterest. Contrails have been seen from WWII to the current. The suspicion they could be used for chemical dispersion is fine, but aren’t many of the questions asked right here in the forums, much more consequential and immediate? It’s not that the chemtrail idea is totally unfeasible, just that the concern I could express for it would be marginal at best, in comparison to all the other wonderful ways I can imagine for the government to plan our demise. The old joke about: “What’s in the water?” comes to mind.

Given the resources to ask, I would be asking all the questions the mainstream doesn’t in far more general terms. “Do you trust your government?”, Do you think your taxes are fair?”, “Did you agree with the bank bailouts?”, “Do you think the earth has been visited by UFOs?”. It’s not the implied correctness of the response which I would find interesting, but the diversity of the answers.

I’m just curious of how many out there think, like most do here?

Although the blanket of complacency and lack of curiosity I found disturbing. It was a supreme effort, for them to ask what the interviewer was even talking about.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join