It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Different First Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
My first ghost experience came when I was in a field searching for UFOs. It just happened to be next to a cemetery. When we were starting to pack up our telescopes and cameras. A friend of mine put his video camera down on the hood of his truck pointed towards the cemetery but didn't turn it off. When we were reviewing the tape for things we missed we noticed an odd shadow moving about. We decided to check it out. We took some of our equipment, did some research and set out on an investigation. We didn't get any evidence but it set me on an interesting path. Does anyone else have an interesting story like this?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Seeing as how you video-taped it, would you mind letting us have a gander?

I would like to see if this 'shadow' resembles a personal experience. Kind of like a dark distortion of light or a dark aura, which appears less defined than a traditional shadow.

Thoughts?
edit on 29-3-2011 by StripedBandit because: legibility

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It was a figure darker than the rest of the area, there was a full moon. It was quite well defined. The laptop that I had it on crashed about a year ago and I have been unable to contact the person who originally recorded it due to a falling out over personal matters. I have been in contact with his brother and he is trying to get a copy of it for me.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SilntShdw

Hi, my first encounter of what i assume to have been a ghost took place 2 years ago this summer (june). Me and a friend decided we would conduct paranormal investigations at supposed haunted locations around our area, having been interested in this field for some time before we thought we would give it a go.
So we got some video cameras together and headed to a small local church yard which dates back around 500 years i think, anyway we set up the gear not really knowing what to expect and as it happens not much did in front of the cams. We stepped back away from the equipment for a cigarette break so as not to contaminate the footage with smoke. We were chatting away and i happened to be looking towards the way into the yard, a narrow lane that is just wide enough for a car to drive down. As i was looking down that way im saw a dark figure, assuming it was just somebody passing through as the lane is a short cut to a housing estate near by i said to my mate "there is somebody coming up the lane", we were a little nervous as we didnt really have permission to be there and thought it may have been a caretaker etc.
Well as we watched this figure dissapeared into thin air! then reapeared a bit closer to us, still dark with no fearures visable. Then same again...gone then back but closer still, by this time i was a little freaked out to be honest and didnt really know what to do. Then again it moved closer still, this continued untill it was right outside the church yard gate then it vanished and did not return.
This whole thing happened over the space of about 10 seconds and was over as fast as it began, i was glad my friend saw this too as i dont think anybody would have believed me.

To sum it all up none of the cameras were pointing in that direction cos we didnt really think that was a good place to shoot! It was about 1am so it was dark and i spose it could have been somebody walking by in the shadows, but if it was they must know how to teleport
The figure was of average height (about 6') with no visable features, just a very dark outline of a mans shaped body. Judging from the shape it did not appear to be wearing anything on its head although i cannot be 100% about this.
We were both pretty shook up after this and packed up our gear sharpish
We have been back several times but have not experienced this figure again. I can still remember the way it seemed to jump from point to point right up to us then vanished!!!

join