It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US forces fire on Libyan vessels: command

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

US forces fire on Libyan vessels: command

www.rawstory.com

US planes and a destroyer attacked Libyan ships after reports they were "firing indiscriminately at merchant vessels" in the northwestern port of Misrata, US Africa Command said Tuesday.

"A US Navy P-3C Maritime Patrol aircraft, a US Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt attack aircraft and guided-missile destroyer USS Barry engaged Libyan Coast Guard vessel Vittoria and two smaller crafts" late Monday, a statement said.

The command, based in the southwestern German city of Stuttgart, said it had "confir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
seems things are escalating in this War, conflict, no fly zone, call it what you will.
I am starting to see that old map of the US occupation of the ME from before we invaded iraq and Afghanistan filling in as planned.

I dont see much change yet in the mid east areas that have been Protesting hopefully its just a lack of good reporting.
starting to see why people think this is just a FaceBook Revolution led by a faceless "Sock puppet"

these quotes remind me of the stories in the Rolling stone article about plant weapons being planted on innocent Civilians..

US planes and a destroyer attacked Libyan ships after reports they were "firing indiscriminately at merchant vessels"

The command, based in the southwestern German city of Stuttgart, said it had "confirmed reports" the Libyan vessels were harassing merchant vessels in Misrata.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

related thread New air missions attack Gaddafi troops: Pentagon
edit on 3/29/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/29/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Thanks to the US forces for intercepting a Libyan vessels before they could hurt civilians. Bravo men and woman of the US armed forces. Bravo !!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

Yes thank you to US forces for protecting innocent civilians. YEA RIGHT!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
Seems things are escalating in this War, conflict, no fly zone, call it what you will.

W1LL, please get it correct. It is not a war or conflict as there was no declaration as such. It is not a no-fly zone -- reread the UN resolution.

It is a "Kinetic Military Action" to "free the people" of Libya. When we are done the people of Libya will, with one voice, praise Obama and the United States for saving them.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
All politics boys, all politics. Seems this tyrant wound up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Only reason I say that is it took us or any other nation this long to actually care/do anything about his atrocities. The uprising in Libya just happened to be right after Egypt's turmoil which drew all eyes worldwide to the middle east. It is my belief that this is the only reason the french, brits, and americans even gave it any notice. The domino effect is in full swing. Syria is next, let's see how far exactly this "awakening" is spreading. I should like to think it would make it to amurrica. However the government here has done a good job of numbing/distracting the masses to a point of apathy about anything but their fancy new gadgets and cars.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Awww...Maybe they should of sunk the vessel but provide life jackets to those on board....That might of satisfied the left nut jobs !

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well, thank goodness Obama told us last night that we had achieved the mission we set out to achieve and that we were hereby turning over control to NATO....granted, he didn't bother to mention that the US is the main force behind NATO, ...meh...semantics I'm sure. But really -- didn't you believe him when he said we were now going to just sit back and "share intel" and delegate authority?

This thing is a mess and a half.

We couldn't "finish" Iraq in less than eight years with 31 or so countries....we're still in Afghanistan with somewhere around 60 countries involved...but I'm sure Libya, with participation from like 8 - 10 countries will be a sweeping success. By the way, I have this bridge for sale....

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

The Egyptian army could end this quick.
All they have to do is cross the border.
It looks like they have our tanks M1 Abrams.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

But the egyptian army are in dissaray after what has gone on there-who calls the shots now in egypt?
Who obeys who etc?

This whole thing is getting messy fast IMO.
I blame,twitter Zuckerberg and that facebook thing...Would the recent uprisings have occured without these sites?

Although its not really the fault of the websites involved,rather it is a series of revolutions initiated through the use of social networks,by people whom we know nothing about...Maybe these are true uprisings,or maybe people are being steered by an unseen hand?

The internet is being used by big powers to steer events I think.And they are getting good at it.

Edit:

If the US have fired upon ships who were randomly attacking merchant vessles,Well done indeed-these are probably medical supplies for the people that gaddafi is trying to blow up.

Lets hope that is what really happened.
edit on 29/3/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

Maybe you have a better solution of doing this? Would like to hear how you would do it differently from others and how it can get accomplished.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Wasn't this supposed to be over in three days?
Oh ya that's right, you're supposed to multiply any military estimates by a thousand. Well, only another 8 years or something,

~silly government *squeezes cheeks* I could just eat you up! /extreme sarcasm

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
reply to post by GeminiSky

Maybe you have a better solution of doing this? Would like to hear how you would do it differently from others and how it can get accomplished.

A better solution of doing what exactly? Invading sovereign countries and initiating regime change for personal profits?

Breaking down sovereign countries economies, industry, etc..Then rebuilding the nation that you just destroyed and making record breaking profits for the corporations that rebuild infrastructure, produce weapons, rations, supplies, etc.. (not to mention placing puppets in all high office govt positions)

What you are seeing is propaganda my friend and apparently you bought that "big bad Libya" story hook line and sinker. How many innocent men women and children were killed by that US death squad in Afghanistan again?

And now you would like to know a better way of doing what? Protecting innocents from the SAME VIOLENCE that you helped (covertly) instigate?

Sure I have a better way, how about not policing the entire world, and focusing on improving things at home?

How about not invading or attacking an average of 1 sovereign country every 5-10 years when the coffers begin to run dry?

How about spending that WAR MONEY to end hunger, and help disaster stricken areas (Japan comes to mind)

Yeh sure the US helps out a bit, but its nothing compared to what is spent on war and the military-industrial complex. I would feel a little guilty too, if all I did was pillage other nations for the last 50 yrs.

Having said that, I would now like to know IF YOU have a better way....Would Libya have fired on merchant ships if the US did not start their bombing runs and show support for the rebel forces? Would ANY OF THIS HAVE HAPPENED IF LIBYA WAS NOT AN OIL RICH NATION?

You tell me. (if you insist on first finishing the current episode of american idol, I understand)

Regards,

---GeminiSky

EDIT: well well lets take a look at who has been appointed as the new rebel leader: Newly "Appointed" Libyan Rebel Leader -- Spent Last 20 Years Living in Washington DC
edit on 1-4-2011 by GeminiSky because: To further prove my point.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

"US planes and a destroyer attacked Libyan ships"

..eh "No Fly".. "No Float".. the GOP/DNC flocks and war monger lemmings are too stupid to concern themselves with a few letters, "No Fly, no float, or no goat zone.. sheee-it, gadaffi is a dictator.. and boogie-man de jure of my party leaders.. if politicians say gadaffi needs Americas righteous boot of freedom lodged up in his sphincter-business, well then dad gum it, god bless America! (spits chew)"

Attacking people to protect & save people.. what an amazingly original & insightful idea!!.. it's worked so flawlessly in the past, just as republican & democrat dear leaders promised.. cheap, easy cake-walks.. it should only be a matter of minutes before our heroes are cheered as liberators..

Since GOP & DNC foreign policy has a world wide reputation for pure virtue, freedom and deMOCKracy.. it should stand to reason Libyans will welcome CIA/ Federal Reserve assistance.. any Libyan who does not agree with, or believe in, American politicians.. it obviously a terrorist who hates the freedom US citizens have to vote between Dumb Federal Reserve puppet & Dumber Federal Reserve puppet .

..if them a-rabs don't believe in freedom, well then.. they don't deserve to float.
edit on 1-4-2011 by GovtFlu because: Spelling; dumb mistakes

top topics

join