It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's easy to defeat the Bankers and other dictators...all everyone has to do is...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

QUIT! If EVERYONE just quit working...the strangle hold these tyrants have over us would evaporate over night.

Have you really given thought to any of this?

Scary as it is, you seem to have put a whole lot of thought into this, and missed the most basic problems with your grand strategy.

Imagine if through the internet, we could get word to every person in this world, that in order to begin rebuilding humanity, we all will stop working on a certain day at a certain time. The worlds largest strike!

Presuming you could accomplish such an unrealistic goal - or come close enough to it - the vast majority of the world on coal power would be without any kind of lighting or power the next day.

Since you'll obviously need a translation: that means no refrigerators. Human society is not functioning the same way it was a hundred years ago - refrigeration is key to our food supply, as is electricity (many of us have ovens that use electricity - the majority of Americans, at least - and I would wager the world as well). The average family only has about three days of food on hand - and much of that revolves around the refrigerator.

After about three days - any sense of order collapses. This is the "point of no return" for domestic response. Areas struck by disaster that take longer than three days to restore a reliable food supply require military intervention to break up the war-lords that rapidly take power.

I say everyone must participate for the reason that many people would be afraid to quit because they have rent or mortgages to pay. The only problem is, if the bankers quit and law enforcement quit, who's going to come and evict you? If everyone quits, who will the wealthy owners employ to come and harass you? Will they actually get off their arses and come do it themselves?

There's your problem.

You feel enslaved by another person because you have voluntarily enslaved yourself to loans and debts that you have no hope of paying off in your natural life. The average family has over $100K in total debt while only having a $40K annual salary (before taxes and other expenses that come before loan payments - such as food and gas to get to work).

The average person feels enslaved because they do not have the luxury of saying "I quit" or "I need to move on." They don't even have a month's worth of living expenses in reserve and would not be able to quit one job (regardless of the reasons - perhaps an abusive employer) unless certain of having a position elsewhere.

Your own lack of planning and self-respect has led to your feelings of enslavement that are completely unjustified.

There will be plenty of housing for everyone, even people who are currently homeless. How? Simple, all of these buildings that are currently conducting business as in downtown areas, well, there's no longer any business being conducted. People can utilize those offices as homes. I know in my city I look outside and there are some large skyscrapers out there. Enough space in there, along with the empty houses, to provide shelter for everyone. Who's going to come kick you out if everyone has quit?

Who is going to decide who lives where? I want to live in the foreclosed demi-mansion with twenty acres of decent farmland on it. I'm sure plenty of other people would, too. It doesn't technically belong to anyone - and there's no one to really enforce any kind of order or law around. I have goals and plans in life that are greater than my regard for a thousand lives.

Now there's suddenly a problem, as I just killed a thousand people (by any means, doesn't really matter how - I'm a pretty smart guy; explosives and chemical weapons are readily available in cleaning aisles and auto shops) so that I could call dibs on a place I wanted. I'm sure plenty of other people feel about the same. Would you rather live in the hotel, or the abandoned toy store?

Concerning food, we'll move back toward a much simpler and healthier model. People can begin growing their own food,

Hun, you do realize food takes -months- to grow? This ain't Farmville. Further - it's kind of hard for the people living in an old hotel to grow their own food.

You're wanting to try and replace a substantial part of our food chain with "just grow it yourself" (your average family would require four acres of farmland, easily, to sustain itself - that's hideously impractical)

plus we will utilize land to institute large farms where animals will be raised and crops grown.

So... people aren't going to quit their jobs?

Everyone will volunteer time to contribute toward everyone eating.

You're shooting your plan in the foot, here.

Who is organizing all of this? You? Who appointed you (or anyone else) as the leader of a free-man's uprising against dictators?

How are people going to get to the farms? In cars? Who is taking oil and turning it into gasoline? Everyone quit their job, remember?

If the first thing that popped in your head is "But everyone won't contribute", you unknowingly have been a part of the problem this world has faced. Rather your mentality is. Your first concern is how can you insure you're not working harder than everyone else...SMFH.

Not everyone will contribute. That's a fact of life, and horribly inconvenient for your little communist revolution, here. What are you going to do about it? I ask you, because you're obviously the brains of this whole operation and in charge of everyone.

You've already let the notion of power consume you. "If everyone just did as I said...." Your entire idea centers around this. You're more of a dictator than I am. I am only concerned about making my own decisions and taking my own actions. I would kill people if necessary to accomplish those goals - I would exhaust other options, because I don't enjoy killing defenseless animals - but I'm resolved to that. However, I don't much care what other people are doing until it conflicts with me. Or, rather, I don't see a point in trying to meddle in their life until they come meddle in mine.

If everyone did as you said - you'd be a dictator. All there is to it.

I believe we can still have power, using this volunteer method. We will train all the people within the vicinity of our power plants how to work them and will ask people to volunteer time when they can to contribute to everyone still having power.

Why not ask the people who normally work there to simply work for free? The Community will be providing them with food and a house, right?

I mean... it's no different than you paying your electric bill and those employees being paid to keep the power going - they should be pretty agreeable.

So, this scenario isn't about everyone just sitting around, singing kumbaya, rather it's a power move to remove the power from people who use resources and law to oppress entire countries.

To a scenario where a douche uses the concepts of equality and social justice to oppress the entire species.

God Forbid people have goals and dreams beyond merely continuing our existence.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I like your Idea so much. but people are so selfish - they would never stop working, even if their lives depended on them quitting... good thought, not realistic but good.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
You're forgetting about the very nature of man. There will always be those that pose a threat to your lovely little farm community. The gangs/tribes/Caesars Legion that will inevitably form due to lack of a concrete social system could very well overrun your city state for it's resources and you would then be in for a world of hurt.

We are either going to make the jump to a global, on its way to be space-faring, civilization OR we are going to collapse back into a new Dark Ages. Complete with war lords, mass death and suffering, cults, and the return of natural selection. Only this time we have much more effective methods of destruction.

Either one is better than the bullsh!t we have now. I want everything to implode already.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The solution to a lot of today's problems is simple: Stop trying to run everyone else's life.

Somehow - particularly here in America - we've gotten the idea that the majority can tell the minority what to do via the ballot box. While it's a democratic approach to tyranny, it is tyranny none the less.

I would like to take a side-step a moment, but it is highly relevant: What is your "Zombie Plan?" It's a fairly popular topic, and a surprising number of people have a plan for such an implausible scenario. Why? I think it has to do with the innate fear we have of the "mindless masses" - the part of our (sub)conscious that resists the influence of group-think and fears our tendency to gravitate towards a mindless drone within a hoard devoid of individuality.

On a similar note, it is also the fear of "the group" turning against one of its own. Not unlike the Salem Witch Trials, the Red Scare, etc. It may be something of an irrational fear - but what happens if, for whatever reason, the majority of people around you decide to have their way with you and your family?

Thus - we need to get the government out of our daily lives. For liberals, that means you need to stop trying to shove healthcare down my throat and force some hideously contrived standard of living on me at the tax-payer's expense. For conservatives, that means to leave the abortion issue alone - leave medical procedures to doctors and patients. Would be a good idea to do the same with the gay marriage issue. I'm not too fond of either - but leave it alone. Government has no business in it.

Similarly - we should disband the Federal Reserve. I've no idea who came up with that idea, but it -really- is going to cause a hyper-inflation problem if we don't nip that in the bud. Further - let banks authorize their own independent bank notes and currencies. A number of companies already do it (Microsoft Points, Facebook Credits, Wii Points, etc) - let banks do it as well. Most importantly, let them become a free-market institution again - where hideously poor business choices lead to business failure and good business choices (and customer relations) lead to business success.

That, combined with a number of repeals of market regulation and a transition to a more simplified tax system that doesn't penalize export manufacturing would start getting us back on track.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
QUIT! If EVERYONE just quit working...the strangle hold these tyrants have over us would evaporate over night.

Imagine if through the internet, we could get word to every person in this world, that in order to begin rebuilding humanity, we all will stop working on a certain day at a certain time. The worlds largest strike!

For this to be successful however, EVERYONE must quit working, from bankers to police, to military. Everyone just walk off and go home to start caring for their families.

I say everyone must participate for the reason that many people would be afraid to quit because they have rent or mortgages to pay. The only problem is, if the bankers quit and law enforcement quit, who's going to come and evict you? If everyone quits, who will the wealthy owners employ to come and harass you? Will they actually get off their arses and come do it themselves?

There will be plenty of housing for everyone, even people who are currently homeless. How? Simple, all of these buildings that are currently conducting business as in downtown areas, well, there's no longer any business being conducted. People can utilize those offices as homes. I know in my city I look outside and there are some large skyscrapers out there. Enough space in there, along with the empty houses, to provide shelter for everyone. Who's going to come kick you out if everyone has quit?

Concerning food, we'll move back toward a much simpler and healthier model. People can begin growing their own food, plus we will utilize land to institute large farms where animals will be raised and crops grown. Everyone will volunteer time to contribute toward everyone eating. If the first thing that popped in your head is "But everyone won't contribute", you unknowingly have been a part of the problem this world has faced. Rather your mentality is. Your first concern is how can you insure you're not working harder than everyone else...SMFH.

I believe we can still have power, using this volunteer method. We will train all the people within the vicinity of our power plants how to work them and will ask people to volunteer time when they can to contribute to everyone still having power.

So, this scenario isn't about everyone just sitting around, singing kumbaya, rather it's a power move to remove the power from people who use resources and law to oppress entire countries.

Can you imagine the look on TPTB face if everyone just quit? Now of course some agencies such as the NSA would be some of the last to leave their positions, probably under threat of violence from positions of power (ie, President). Even they would abandon post once the GO HOME CAMPAIGN is in full effect.

Can you imagine the members of the Supreme Court just sitting there with no power, or how about even the President, or whoever else you can imagine. Imagine all of those people actually having to contribute to society.

This type scenario is only scary to people who enjoy having power over other people. This scenario basically removes authority from any one person and places it in the hands of communities. There would be no full time police officers enforcing codes. Someone who commits a crime would have to face the community, oh and the only crimes would be TRUE crimes such as violence or theft.

Now, I think our way of life would change alot. For instance, fuel for vehicles would be in short supply. We would move toward a bicycle or horse society again. We would gas up the cars only when we need to make a real trip. I mean if there's no mandatory work week, what would everyone need their car to drive around for?

This scenario would have to work around the entire world. Otherwise, the evil people in power would attempt to hire mercenaries from other countries to....well on second thought, what could they pay mercenaries to force the people to do? To stand there with whips and force people to work? To force people out of the bank owned houses and buildings? They would be met with a formidable army of peace loving people who won't hesitate to sentence them to death for disrupting the peace.

I think most importantly, we would need our military to quit, just walk out and go home. Otherwise, our government would utilize them to murder and oppress us. They would use them to force us out of these skyscrapers and homes, back into the streets. They are the actual threat our government have to keep us under control.

Our servicemembers would have to be strong though! They would be threatened with all sorts of violence and imprisonment if they even think about walking out on their job. They would have to be reminded that there wouldn't be anyone to harrass them. The only people who will hold on to their position as long as possible, are the General's who are used to having people to order around. They will threaten their Colonels and Majors to threaten the enlisted. All everyone has to do...is continue doing nothing however, and all the threats would eventually go away.

Everyone quiting would force the TRUE evil in this world to show it/his/her face. I bet things would get REAL interesting, because if my feelings are correct, humanity working together for themselves is not in the plan. Would it force aliens/demons or a god to show itself? Perhaps the god that was horrified at the sight of humanity working together in the bible and who then deemed it necessary to scatter them and confuse their tongues?

Exactly

We have to start being Self-tarians. If it doesn't benefit the public in a direct and clear fashion then f--- it.End of discussion. Don't vote for it. Us(the USA) first corporate second.

Vote only on laws that benefit us directly. Use institution ran by the public. Stop buying products from businesses not ran by the local public directly(at least 51% owned by the local public). Stop giving them your money. Buy from corporation that push the publics motives(good benefits,good wages,hire locals,good products etc). See corporations that play ball the public get a premium(can charge more on thier stuff) for doing what the public likes.

If you just stop enabling these power/control addicts by not playing their rigged game then it would have a MUCH higher impact then violence,domestic terrorism,vandalism,threats,etc.

Violence only legitimizes the state's hijackers and their authoritarian(paranoid control freak) ideals. This is both non-violent and Libertarian(the REAL ideals of anarchy). No one is hurt and our point is made clear.

You have to outsmart them. Or maybe "out-simple" them. heh...

<< 1  2   >>

join