It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's easy to defeat the Bankers and other dictators...all everyone has to do is...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
QUIT! If EVERYONE just quit working...the strangle hold these tyrants have over us would evaporate over night.

Imagine if through the internet, we could get word to every person in this world, that in order to begin rebuilding humanity, we all will stop working on a certain day at a certain time. The worlds largest strike!

For this to be successful however, EVERYONE must quit working, from bankers to police, to military. Everyone just walk off and go home to start caring for their families.

I say everyone must participate for the reason that many people would be afraid to quit because they have rent or mortgages to pay. The only problem is, if the bankers quit and law enforcement quit, who's going to come and evict you? If everyone quits, who will the wealthy owners employ to come and harass you? Will they actually get off their arses and come do it themselves?

There will be plenty of housing for everyone, even people who are currently homeless. How? Simple, all of these buildings that are currently conducting business as in downtown areas, well, there's no longer any business being conducted. People can utilize those offices as homes. I know in my city I look outside and there are some large skyscrapers out there. Enough space in there, along with the empty houses, to provide shelter for everyone. Who's going to come kick you out if everyone has quit?

Concerning food, we'll move back toward a much simpler and healthier model. People can begin growing their own food, plus we will utilize land to institute large farms where animals will be raised and crops grown. Everyone will volunteer time to contribute toward everyone eating. If the first thing that popped in your head is "But everyone won't contribute", you unknowingly have been a part of the problem this world has faced. Rather your mentality is. Your first concern is how can you insure you're not working harder than everyone else...SMFH.

I believe we can still have power, using this volunteer method. We will train all the people within the vicinity of our power plants how to work them and will ask people to volunteer time when they can to contribute to everyone still having power.

So, this scenario isn't about everyone just sitting around, singing kumbaya, rather it's a power move to remove the power from people who use resources and law to oppress entire countries.

Can you imagine the look on TPTB face if everyone just quit? Now of course some agencies such as the NSA would be some of the last to leave their positions, probably under threat of violence from positions of power (ie, President). Even they would abandon post once the GO HOME CAMPAIGN is in full effect.

Can you imagine the members of the Supreme Court just sitting there with no power, or how about even the President, or whoever else you can imagine. Imagine all of those people actually having to contribute to society.

This type scenario is only scary to people who enjoy having power over other people. This scenario basically removes authority from any one person and places it in the hands of communities. There would be no full time police officers enforcing codes. Someone who commits a crime would have to face the community, oh and the only crimes would be TRUE crimes such as violence or theft.

Now, I think our way of life would change alot. For instance, fuel for vehicles would be in short supply. We would move toward a bicycle or horse society again. We would gas up the cars only when we need to make a real trip. I mean if there's no mandatory work week, what would everyone need their car to drive around for?

This scenario would have to work around the entire world. Otherwise, the evil people in power would attempt to hire mercenaries from other countries to....well on second thought, what could they pay mercenaries to force the people to do? To stand there with whips and force people to work? To force people out of the bank owned houses and buildings? They would be met with a formidable army of peace loving people who won't hesitate to sentence them to death for disrupting the peace.

I think most importantly, we would need our military to quit, just walk out and go home. Otherwise, our government would utilize them to murder and oppress us. They would use them to force us out of these skyscrapers and homes, back into the streets. They are the actual threat our government have to keep us under control.

Our servicemembers would have to be strong though! They would be threatened with all sorts of violence and imprisonment if they even think about walking out on their job. They would have to be reminded that there wouldn't be anyone to harrass them. The only people who will hold on to their position as long as possible, are the General's who are used to having people to order around. They will threaten their Colonels and Majors to threaten the enlisted. All everyone has to do...is continue doing nothing however, and all the threats would eventually go away.

Everyone quiting would force the TRUE evil in this world to show it/his/her face. I bet things would get REAL interesting, because if my feelings are correct, humanity working together for themselves is not in the plan. Would it force aliens/demons or a god to show itself? Perhaps the god that was horrified at the sight of humanity working together in the bible and who then deemed it necessary to scatter them and confuse their tongues?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I've been trying to get something like this up and running, www.social-eyes.org. Nothings been done as I don't know how to code.
. The name is fitting.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

You are kind of right, society would go on for about 2 months untill the utilities got shut off though.
Folks would start off losing their droid/ipod phones....that's a no go there.
Then the gas and electric and cable would go.
Then about a year later no home.
That is a year minimum worth of thinking about how your life has spiralled out of control.
Better yet, buy a small piece of maintainable land and make provisions buy building supplies.
Build something maintainable and live on your happy little patch, grow and hunt.
I just hope you can handle the property tax.
But just quitting would be a bad decision i think, too many panicked folks.
Good thought though.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Yeah that sounds really simple
I'm sure paying for food won't be an issue or those whith sick families how do you propose they get their medication? How do you propose electicity will travel to your home or water for that reason unless of course you have a back up plan that includes about a million and one robots to take over..

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Very good thoughts friend.

But I had the same exact mindset years ago.
You know what I realized?
You won't be able to get 1/100th of the people to quit?
Wanna know why?
People want it easy.
They want convenience.
They want an easy life.
Entitlements.
Freebies.

The minute you take those things away, you will just get angry people.

And alot of them.

Yes, in short our simple solution is to stop feeding the machine.
But we can't even rally enough people to stop paying taxes let alone working.

That's the problem I faced.
Too many people are worried about losing their precious material items.
Items that are worthless in a real living situation.
Or they are too worried about how they can eat because they spent their entire lives making money, or getting educated just to make more money, instead of learning skills like gardening.

It's simple if you think about it.
People want the easiest way out possible.

Even after spending all summer cutting firewood and tending my garden I wish it was easier.
But I'm thankful I can reap what I sow.

In other words, hard work pays off.
To do what you ask, requires hard work.
Most of which, at least to those I've talked to, people don't want to even think about actually having to work for food, or instead of running to the store, actually killing their supper. They'd much rather have an easy life.
I can't blame them.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Conceivably this would work. But until people decide to give up a few conveniences no one will go for it, as another user posted, they want the easy way out. Then there will be another issue of people working together, which usually does not happen until something tragic happens. But if people all worked together to take up the slack for needs that one gave up when walking out then there would have to be another source, each other. People would then have to get their needs by trading and what not(would possibly see a new economy type emerge from this that is not based on money). People just cannot see past their own wants to stop and help the person next to them get through this which would be a requirement to succeed.

On the other hand, if this were to happen and people agreed to work together, I do not see it lasting very long, a month at the most. Something on a scale this large would start showing the effects relatively fast as no money would be moving around and everything just stops, including our food to the grocery stores. It is doable but the amount of cooperation that would be needed has never been attempted. Then we would have to stand our ground when the threats started, but at the end of the day we would realize their threats carry no weight, as we would be in control. At this time I believe a "Great Walk Out" would work but people will not sacrifice their self in order to make it happen. I will be the first to sign up, but it will take no less than 65% to 75% of the population for it to succeed. It is the fear of the unknown here when it all comes to a head, we will just have to take a deep breath and jump in with both feet and let the pieces fall where they may. Once we start we could not go back and that is the fear, as we would have also severed any safety ropes we had available, but working together would rebuild new ones.

But before it even started, we all would have to be fully aware of what our goals would be and effectively communicated. The last thing we would need is any confusion as to what our demands and goals are, no more, no less.

edit on 29-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

You are kind of right, society would go on for about 2 months untill the utilities got shut off though.
Folks would start off losing their droid/ipod phones....that's a no go there.
Then the gas and electric and cable would go.
Then about a year later no home.
That is a year minimum worth of thinking about how your life has spiralled out of control.
Better yet, buy a small piece of maintainable land and make provisions buy building supplies.
Build something maintainable and live on your happy little patch, grow and hunt.
I just hope you can handle the property tax.
But just quitting would be a bad decision i think, too many panicked folks.
Good thought though.

But we should be able to keep the utilities going. Only it would be volunteer work. The cell phones would indeed cease to exist, there wouldn't be any need for them.

I think we could maintain a standard of living close to what we have through volunteer work and people working together. Why would someones home go away, I'm confused there?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
Yeah that sounds really simple
I'm sure paying for food won't be an issue or those whith sick families how do you propose they get their medication? How do you propose electicity will travel to your home or water for that reason unless of course you have a back up plan that includes about a million and one robots to take over..

No there wouldn't be any paying for food anymore. For the time being we would ration the food that is being stored, all the canned goods that are housed at stores. The meats would be frozen and then rationed. While people begin getting their feet wet learning to grow and raise food.

Each city/town could have a huge central place where the food is grown and raised where everyone volunteers some time to ensure everyone eats.

People who are already knowledgable about medicine can volunteer to teach other people how to manufacture the medicine. Same goes for electricity and water, the people who already work at those plants can teach the other residents how to work everything and there can be volunteer shift work for the good of everyone.

What I propose isn't a sit around on your arse all day, but rather a work for yourself and the community instead of some fat pig.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

You're probably right that people would never volunteerily quit feeding the machine. Unfortunately, there will be an event that will force everyone to quit feeding the machine.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

thi is the exact same conclusion Ive also reached. it is the only way. problems we must overcome for it to work effectively:

1. share food with those unprepared to withstand a month of no way to get food
2. those police don't quit will have to be dealt with we they enforce TPTB foreclosure process
3. not allow any scabs [those that will see it as their way to suck up and take the job of those that do quit]
4. we need a solution to toilets and tap water
5. what about emergency rooms?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Excellent points and you're correct that fear will cause most people to not want to participate. We have become accustomed to having safety nets.

The other fear is that, there are always people who will capitolize on situations like these by using their mouth and guile. There will be people who see such an event as an opportunity to gather thugs and terrorize people. That's where the communities would have to be strong and protect each other.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Homes go away due to foreclosure, it happens alot and will happen more, especially in the US where we live perpetually in debt fueled by the "American dream" illusion.
You would also never to be able to afford property tax on a big house as opposed to a smaller living space.
The US has measures in place to deter such ideas as yours.
If you don't pay, you die poor and homeless.
Unless you make provisions for such things, and it takes time.
I know i'm in the process of said idea, and have been for bout 2 years now.(downsizing to a manageable future).

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog

thi is the exact same conclusion Ive also reached. it is the only way. problems we must overcome for it to work effectively:

1. share food with those unprepared to withstand a month of no way to get food
2. those police don't quit will have to be dealt with we they enforce TPTB foreclosure process
3. not allow any scabs [those that will see it as their way to suck up and take the job of those that do quit]
4. we need a solution to toilets and tap water
5. what about emergency rooms?

1. Yeah for the first up to a year, we would need to ration the canned goods and give people a chance to re-accustom themselves to growing/raising food. Or better yet, each town/city could set up a central farm where all the food is produced for the residents. Everyone in that community would volunteer a certain amount of time at the "Central Farm" in the interest of eating.

2. Yeah there will be a few people in law enforcement who will probably try to hold on to positions of authority. LOL but I can see police Captains having first meetings informing officers that it's their job to uphold the peace and ensure safety. Trying to keep them on the job.

3. Yeah companies would try to utilize scabs to keep the machine running. We lovers of freedom would have to attempt to show them their error.

4. We would have to have volunteer work and shifts at the water and electric plants. Everyone I'm sure wouldn't mind contributing some hours to insure they continue to have power. Hell, we may only need the power during winter months.

5. Again, we would have volunteers, people who are already trained in healthcare or those who desire, to staff some hospitals.

The point of the thing is that we would be working for ourselves instead of money. Now our life expectancy will drop, because I doubt we would have volunteer brain surgeons (but who knows), so we would return to a day where catastrophic injury or illness meant death.

*Though, on a different note, that is part of the contract with the devil we have signed. We are so busy attempting to live on this plane of existence forever that we've forgot this plane isn't Heaven or even close to it.*

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

That is called communism and in the US there are alot of folks who just won't go that route.
Plus it comes with just as many problems as capitalism too.
There will always be a greedy someone or a lazy someone.
Good intent though.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Homes go away due to foreclosure, it happens alot and will happen more, especially in the US where we live perpetually in debt fueled by the "American dream" illusion.
You would also never to be able to afford property tax on a big house as opposed to a smaller living space.
The US has measures in place to deter such ideas as yours.
If you don't pay, you die poor and homeless.
Unless you make provisions for such things, and it takes time.
I know i'm in the process of said idea, and have been for bout 2 years now.(downsizing to a manageable future).

LOL...man you haven't paid attention to what i'm saying. If EVERYONE quits, there would be no more foreclosures. There would be no property taxes. No one would have to die poor and homeless because we would cease using currency and there are plenty of empty houses and buildings where event he current homeless can live.

What measures do you imagine the US has in place to keep everyone from quitting participation in the Beast?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

1. Yeah for the first up to a year, we would need to ration the canned goods and give people a chance to re-accustom themselves to growing/raising food. Or better yet, each town/city could set up a central farm where all the food is produced for the residents. Everyone in that community would volunteer a certain amount of time at the "Central Farm" in the interest of eating.

In one aspect you are right. But again, I do not see it lasting very long. As I see it, the infrastructure to fulfill all our needs would still be in place as we would not be destroying things. When the people got themselves squared away for the immediate things, we could start utilizing the infrastructure to suit our needs.

2. Yeah there will be a few people in law enforcement who will probably try to hold on to positions of authority. LOL but I can see police Captains having first meetings informing officers that it's their job to uphold the peace and ensure safety. Trying to keep them on the job.

This is where we use human nature in our favor. The LEOs would only remain on their job for as long as their families were taken care of. If it got to the point where the officers were having to spend more time ensuring that their families had what they needed, then their duties of law enforcement would begin to lapse and would start becoming less of a problem for those that were trying to stop us. This problem would in sorts, take care of itself.

3. Yeah companies would try to utilize scabs to keep the machine running. We lovers of freedom would have to attempt to show them their error.

If these people were a minority, they would not be much of a problem at all and would have very little affect.

4. We would have to have volunteer work and shifts at the water and electric plants. Everyone I'm sure wouldn't mind contributing some hours to insure they continue to have power. Hell, we may only need the power during winter months.

This would be a requirement all across the board including community security, as the LEOs have now left their job to take care of their own family.

5. Again, we would have volunteers, people who are already trained in healthcare or those who desire, to staff some hospitals.

The point of the thing is that we would be working for ourselves instead of money. Now our life expectancy will drop, because I doubt we would have volunteer brain surgeons (but who knows), so we would return to a day where catastrophic injury or illness meant death.

*Though, on a different note, that is part of the contract with the devil we have signed. We are so busy attempting to live on this plane of existence forever that we've forgot this plane isn't Heaven or even close to it.*

Sure, we could still have doctors and it would be in their best interest to help and do whatever is necessary to help as well. I mean, if a community had an individual that was sick/injured that held a needed skill set, it would be in the best interest of the doctor and everyone in the community to get that person fixed back up as it very well could depend on everyones survival.

edit on 29-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

That is called communism and in the US there are alot of folks who just won't go that route.
Plus it comes with just as many problems as capitalism too.
There will always be a greedy someone or a lazy someone.
Good intent though.

And I guess that's what the problem will come down to. Most people would label a society where you're not forced to work for someone else, only yourself and community, as communism. Since it has been programmed into our minds for a century that communism is bad, especially the old people will scream at the concept. They used to have "the commies are coming" drills in school where they would hide under their desks!

See this is where paradise was stolen from us, when we spent too much time worrying about the greedy or lazy. Those individuals can be handled.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

There are some out there who would not quit as their lives are too comfortable and the US would use scabs for some positions.
Did you know you don't have to be a citizen to be a US Marine?
Source
So, we could be under seige from foreigners who are still US forces.
If you won't live the American dream someone will.
One measure to keep folks producing or working is property tax.
You work or die a landless peasant, if you don't pay.
But i feel where the root of your idea comes from and i like it, i am just covering my bases.
We are playing cards in their house and we know the house always wins.
We just need to be mindful we play the penny slots until we can get to a slot closer to the door, so when the fire starts and all.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The under the desk drills were for bombing and earthquakes not invasion, i actually remember them.
But hating communism has it's merits as well.
I would die for my children if it meant they could live comfortably, i know i almost did.
Some will work harder for their dreams to come true and some will not work at all or just what they have to in order to survive.
This is where communism sucks, but capitalism allows us to advance off the sweat off our backs, problem is it allows monopolies also.
Yes i know monopolies are illegal in the US, but tell that to comcast or opec or any of the other biggies that price fix.
There is a thin line that has to be walked and there is no easy solution.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

There are some out there who would not quit as their lives are too comfortable and the US would use scabs for some positions.
Did you know you don't have to be a citizen to be a US Marine?
Source
So, we could be under seige from foreigners who are still US forces.
If you won't live the American dream someone will.
One measure to keep folks producing or working is property tax.
You work or die a landless peasant, if you don't pay.
But i feel where the root of your idea comes from and i like it, i am just covering my bases.
We are playing cards in their house and we know the house always wins.
We just need to be mindful we play the penny slots until we can get to a slot closer to the door, so when the fire starts and all.

You are correct that some would not quit because their lives are plush and they enjoy power. But the common folk outnumber the rich. The rich aren't going to do the work themselves. They would attemp to entice individuals to come and work with the reward of plush living.

God help the mercernary who dares attempt to oppress American citizens...

You are correct that we're playing cards in their house. In that situation, the house will always win...unless you give up playing all together.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join