It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deification by Design, The Music Promotion Industry, 40th Juno Awards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Normally, I wouldn't post on music topics, but this was just too interesting for me in its banality and fakery...

I was at the 40th Anniversary Juno's last night in Toronto (and yes, I was on live TV...LOL). My wife thought it would be nice to go into the city to see the Junos so I told her I would take her if she could organized the tickets and I didn't have to pay for them (already $100 in gas and parking just to get there). Well, she's pretty clever, she got the tickets as seat fillers (not as bad as it sounds, even a little fun). So we got there about 4:00pm and they drilled us on what we had to do while we were behind the stage (on the other side of a floor to ceiling curtain) and in of course, the dark. While we were being instructed in the procedures of being a seat filler, the sound and lighting engineers were testing their equipment. What I found especially interesting was the sound tracks of canned clapping, little girls screaming, laughing, etc. and of course the artists songs, vocals and all. Now we all know that many of these "artists" lip sink to their own music during these lives shows and events. They really can't afford to make a mistake, so it is a kind of insurance and warranted to some extent.

Now to the fun parts... Drake was ok, funny guy especially that "Old Money" bit that was pre-recorded, but man, more teleprompter than the Obamanator however he was the host of the show. Bryan Adams, always good! Shania Twain, just gorgeous, her dress was elegant and she moved like angel, but I really loved her "we love the bush" comment (oh yeah baby so do I!). Shania received a well deserved standing ovation and that was real. Arcade Fire and Hedley were just great performance wise, lip sinking or not to their own music (but I don't think they were lip sinking), they were the best musical part of the show. Neil Young, ahhh, always loved his music and his comment about the crap we are told daily in the news and in the music industry being like "perfume on a dirty body" WOW, just loved that comment, he's definitely not misinformed. Standing ovation for Neil Young as well, man that guy's been around! We sat beside him actually, through a lot of the show (rubbed elbows). He checked out my wife's ass and legs when she got up to leave, but I can't blame him, she has really great legs.

Now onto the good bits, remember how I said they tested all that canned music, clapping, laughing and girlie screams before the show? Well, everything but the music was mainly for that Justin Beiber retard who wasn't even there. When they mentioned him a couple of times for awards, the "canned" girlie screaming started, I looked around, up and down the rows of seats, across the floor corrals to the other seats, in the floor corrals, everywhere basically. We were very close to the front of the stage and about 20 feet above floor level at the time so we could see everything. You know what I saw? A couple of dozen people clapping out of 10,000 or so there, two silly little asian girls jumping up and down and screaming in the front of the first corral and a few hundred face-palms. It's all bullsh*t but we knew that right? This Justin Beiber thing is being directly hyped by the music industry (Drake maybe as well?) into making him seem important through peer pressure, when he's actually a useless tit. It's first hand proof for me ;-)

Speaking of useless tits, I gotta wonder about that Johnny Reed. He's got all these "big songs" for the short pudgy little wank he is and he has sung the same songs so many bloody times, you'd think he could remember the words. No, he needs a 72" Karaoke Machine Monitor and Ear Buds! WOW Just WOW! WTF is with that? He walks around like all that and a bar of soap, but he's just a little narcissist with a big chip on his shoulder. What a sh*ty attitude he's got as well, his heads bigger than his fat little body and he's a bit of a sanctimonious egocentric prick. We sat next to him at on point or close to him quite a bit as well and I met him in the hall a couple of times. He looked at me funny every time, like he knew me or maybe I just look intimidating because I am about a foot taller than he is, who knows, at least he didn't open his yap to me. But some of the girls there (who were just gorgeous) had a rough time with him doing the seat filling thing, he gave them a hard time.

It was a very interesting night, really eye opening as to how the music industry tries to steer public opinion (re. Justin Booger). If you ever get a chance to be a seat filler, go for it because it will open your eyes first hand as well. Anyway, this is all just my opinions, that and a buck fifty will get you a cup of coffee, but I was there LOL.

Forgot to add a pic, no pic, it didn't happen LOL

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/28.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: added picture

join