It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Edgar Newton Eisenhower - November 8, 1954

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I am going to quote several excerpts from this letter that President Dwight D. Eisenhower had written to his brother Edgar N. Eisenhower regarding political issues as he seen them. I definitely encourage you to read the entire letter at the link provided, it is a short letter and is necessary for you to fully understand what is quoted.

Link

You keep harping on the Constitution; I should like to point out that the meaning of the Constitution is what the Supreme Court says it is. Consequently no powers are exercised by the Federal government except where such exercise is approved by the Supreme Court (lawyers) of the land.

Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid.

I suppose that even the most violent critic would agree that it is well for us to have friends in the world, to encourage them to oppose communism both in its external form and in its internal manifestations, to promote trade in the world that would be mutually profitable between us and our friends (and it must be mutually profitable or it will dry up), and to attempt the promotion of peace in the world, negotiating from a position of moral, intellectual, economic and military strength.

After reading this letter I cannot help but understand exactly why you never hear modern day Republicans quoting Dwight D. Eisenhower or even Richard Nixon, while Nixon was a crook he was not one of those right-wing-interventionist-Christian fundamentalists that have taken over the GOP. The conservative right won, pushing the more pragmatic and fiscally conservative bunch out of the party or limiting their role to being nothing more than ‘RINO’s.

The South was never Republican until the Neoconservatives joined when they drifted away from the Truman-Kennedy-Johnson Liberalism of the era. For some moronic reason Nixon found it a bright idea to invite them into the party, although I doubt he fully understood exactly the consequences of his decision. These Neoconservatives who came into power under Reagan are not conservatives, they are Southern Democrats, besides being religious fundamentalists there is nothing conservative about them.

They come from the same line of Democrats who gave us Johnson, Truman, Roosevelt, and Wilson. Their goals are simple; Christian fundamentalism, military interventionism, statism, and supporting big business. How do we know this? Look at the GOP since the early 1980s and especially after the ‘Republican Revolution’ of ’94. Then look at the Presidency of Woodrow Wilson and the Democratic Party between the end of Reconstruction and the presidency of FDR, they are identical.

Is it any wonder why Ronald Reagan was a Democrat until the late 1950s? He was one of the earlier members to break off from the left but nevertheless he was a Democrat and kept his Democratic ways. George H. W. Bush was a Moderate Republican this was proven in the 1980 Republican Primaries when he called Ronald Reagan’s economic proposals “voodoo economics”, however he sold himself out to the Neoconservatives and proved to be nothing more than a Reagan wannabe.

Dwight D. Eisenhower knew that the government should function with a mandate from the people, for the general welfare of all (not any specific groups), the budget must be balanced at all costs (which included a 91% income tax), and military intervention (war) should be the absolute last resort.

For more information on the lies and deceit of the Neoconservatives please visit my thread in the link below. It will provide you with the information you need to understand how these ‘conservatives’ are not actually conservatives and worship the ground of statist liberals before the Hippie Movement such as Henry ‘Scoop’ Jackson, Lyndon B. Johnson, John F. Kennedy, and Harry Truman.

Link
edit on 3/28/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I would love to hear more clarification as to the people that would love to abolish the fed and what that meant to the president.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

Not quite sure Eisenhower ever even discussed the issue of the Federal Reserve, if that is what you are asking.

new topics

join