It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan: A post-apocalyptic world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Below is a letter I discovered today that I would love to share with you.

You see I fear that not only could this happen to any one of us but will happen at some point. The lessons to be learned here are worth their weight in gold to anyone wise enough to read and to not just discuss, but take the necessary steps to ensure that in times of desperation you and your loved ones are not left to fend for yourselves with nothing.

I think about the Dark4knight thread and how he says to place your supplies high and dry for what is to come for everyone on October 28th 2011. You see that was the date he received in the declaration of a dying man whom he trusted and believed enough to pick up his life and move to another country and to be as high and dry as he could.

As I read the letter below it struck me that even if you are as prepared as can be there is always something else you can prepare for in an area close to you where you can stash supplies for a worst case scenario like the good people of Japan have suffered.

I do not think that they are alone in their suffering, that in fact they have only stepped a bit further than any of the rest of us for now, but the saying no man being an island surely was meant for this day and age.

Please don't turn your back on what is happening, please do not let the ptb condition your heart to not feel, sense, heal. We are all one in the eyes of the divine. We are humanity as a whole, please remember and learn from those who have chosen to walk ahead of us, from all of the lessons in just this decade worldwide, draw on their sorrows, their pain and do what you must to prepare.

Japan: A post-apocalyptic world

28 Mar 2011 16:29

Source: alertnet // Robert Laprade

After we had an early morning planning session over Japanese breakfast, we drove to the coast of Iwate prefecture. We came to a small city called Miyako, and while we were driving around the corner of what seemed like a normal street, all of sudden we arrived in hell. Before us lay total destruction. Cars were upside down, metal parts were scattered everywhere. The bizarre thing was that we looked on one side of the road and there was a supermarket, perfectly standing without a scratch. On the other side of the road, it was total destruction. But it got worse. We drove into Yamada town and there almost the entire downtown area was wiped out. Yamada is a fishing town, and some people farmed oysters and seaweed. Amongst the rubble and mud, fishing gear, nets and floats were strung everywhere. What was once the professional equipment of fishermen now lay like garland on a Christmas tree, but the ‘trees’ were mangled pieces of houses. Heaps of furniture and personal belongings and just about anything one could imagine stuck out of the mass of muck. The area of destruction was three to four square kilometres; we could not see the end of it. I was amazed how quickly the Japanese government has cleared the main roads. We drove through Yamada on perfectly clean, paved roads, but rubble and debris were piled up to ten metres on both sides.

www.trust.org...

If you are wondering what the purpose of this thread is, well it is just a reminder to remember and to learn from what you have not closed yourself off from. Feel free to add other personal accounts you find to this one. I am interested, I care and am deeply concerned for all of us.

edit on Mon Mar 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I do love hearing stories that there are still genuinely good people out there.

I can only imagine being a refugee from a natural disaster in my own country/state/city/area and living in whatever was adequate accommodation and receiving assistance from complete strangers.

join