It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Department of Justice OIP FOIA Library Update

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

U.S. Department of Justice OIP FOIA Library Update

www.justice.gov

You are subscribed to OIP FOIA Library for U.S. Department of Justice.

This information has recently been updated, and is now available.

Monday, March 28, 2011 10:06 AM

The Office of Information Policy (OIP) processes FOIA requests for records of the Offices of the Attorney General, Deputy Attorney General, Associate Attorney General, Legal Policy, Legislative Affairs, Intergovernmental and Public Liaison, and Public Affairs, as well as for its own records.

OIP posts documents from these Offices in this FOIA Library, making them available to you without the need to make a FOIA request.

For older documents, please visit our Archive page.

Documents in this category have been disclosed in full or with redactions, made pursuant to previous FOIA requests.

In addition to posting “frequently requested records,” or those which have been released three or more times to FOIA requesters, OIP also posts other FOIA-processed documents which are likely to be of interest to the public.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
Info Privacy Law
Freedom of Information Act Request Letters
First Amendment Center : How To File a Foia Request
Find Legal Forms : Freedom of Information Act Request Letters

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
FOIA: HAARP Research and Applications Joint Program Report
NASA not responding to FOIA about atypical size and luminisioty of Apollo moon "sun" photos
FOIA 9/11 Footage Released Shows Many Cars Burned Down To Steel- NOT Crushed
FOIA: Paranormal Briefing by RAND Corporation
edit on 3/28/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I realize this is not the usual way Breaking Alternative News is put onto ATS, but since subscribing to various Government agencies, I've received all kinds of interesting e-mails in regards to changing news, laws, and or updates throughout the world.

I say world because this is not limited only to the United States, our own Government communicated to various different countries Governments through alliances and or gathering intelligence against enemies.

If you're not a part of the solution you are a part of the problem and you are the problem.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a413f6e7db6.jpg[/atsimg]

Because of the divisiveness, I am stepping up to squash that, and as well challenge each and every one of you to do the same.

I also felt this particular subscription update, regarding the Freedom of Information Actp would be especially interesting to ATS members.

As well, the Additional News Links, above, are adverstisements within ATS while I was searching for the Related Threads being already discussed between this entire.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87ee9c041710.jpg[/atsimg]

It is just time, people, that we stop fighting ourselves.

www.justice.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3/28/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Why would somebody voluntarily want to knowingly get themselves on ANY fed list is beyond me.

We have so many monitoring us already.

ETA: for clarity.
Once somebody logs on and does a search their IP can be traced.

BINGO

They'll simply start to monitor and build up a database on who is searching for what IMO.

edit on 28-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Why would somebody voluntarily want to knowingly get themselves on ANY fed list is beyond me.

We have so many monitoring us already.

SLAYER69, my stepfather was a Vietnam era Marine, I was on all of those lists the moment he married my mother.

Besides that if you're informed you have no reason to fear them.

I've never met a challenge I cannot handle and within Government is where I will eventually be.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Again, I'm not concerned in the least, I know my Government inside and out.

I am an adult leader in the Boy Scouts of America in many different positions..

I am constantly crawling on Government websites daily researching various things.

I teach the Citizenship in the World Merit Badge which requires going on the C.I.A. website for facts.

That is one position of many where my leadership experience helps.

U.S. Department of Justice Office of Justice Programs National Institute of Justice : Test Results for Digital Data Acquisition Tool : Tableau Imager

Gets you all kinds of access.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Saddle up and go get em cowboy....

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Saddle up and go get em cowboy....

Oh yeah.

Rodeo Clowns

The rider is Obama, a temporary person, the Government is the bull, it's full of manure, and I'm a "rodeo clown".

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I frequently read the CIA's Freedom of Information Act releases through it's online electronic library on it's website.

It's something I recommend a lot more people do, especially those interested in filling in the gaps of history and some conspiracies.

Lot's of really good stuff there, that sometimes so undermines some dogmatic positions that it leads to those who espouse dogma routinely to enhance societal constructs (like the Israel-Palestinian Problem) to say, oh what does the CIA know anyway!

What the government communicates within itself and what it communicates to the media and what ends up in the history books are often three very different things.

Great thread, star and flag

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Like you I enjoy thoroughly investigating this information.

Even if just to educate myself.

If we are not informed citizens then we are shirking our duties to not only ourselves but our nation.

I see conspiracy theorists are more responsbile citizens then average citizens.

It is however what we do with that information which defines our roles.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The rider is Obama, a temporary person, the Government is the bull, it's full of manure, and I'm a "rodeo clown".

I have a lot of respect for those Rodeo Clowns. My trainer was one and was pretty badly hurt. These guys are the reason the riders do not get hurt badly.

YUP, your a Rodeo Clown ---- Hat's off

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I realize this is not the usual way Breaking Alternative News is put onto ATS, but since subscribing to various Government agencies, I've received all kinds of interesting e-mails in regards to changing news, laws, and or updates throughout the world.....

I just showed this thread to my hubby so I could see the rodeo clown video on his computer. He is now lost forever sucked into researching that CIA site. All I am hearing are strange noises from over there

You just suckered another one SKL

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

ETA: for clarity. Once somebody logs on and does a search their IP can be traced....

I figure I already have a bullseye on my back from all the agitating I did over the last few years so what the heck.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

I have a lot of respect for those Rodeo Clowns. My trainer was one and was pretty badly hurt. These guys are the reason the riders do not get hurt badly.

YUP, your a Rodeo Clown ---- Hat's off

Thank you.

I realize this is not the usual way Breaking Alternative News is put onto ATS, but since subscribing to various Government agencies, I've received all kinds of interesting e-mails in regards to changing news, laws, and or updates throughout the world.....

I just showed this thread to my hubby so I could see the rodeo clown video on his computer. He is now lost forever sucked into researching that CIA site. All I am hearing are strange noises from over there

You just suckered another one SKL

Hey, try living researching them, and every other Government agency in the world.

Then talk to me about losing your husband to conspiracy theorizing.

Glad to educate anyone interested.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

ETA: for clarity. Once somebody logs on and does a search their IP can be traced....

I figure I already have a bullseye on my back from all the agitating I did over the last few years so what the heck.

This comment is directed to SLAYER69, but because you quoted him, crimvelvet.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Uniform Resource Locator

In computing, a Uniform Resource Locator (URL) is a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) that specifies where an identified resource is available and the mechanism for retrieving it.

In popular usage and in many technical documents and verbal discussions it is often incorrectly used as a synonym for URI.

The best-known example of the use of URLs is for the addresses of web pages on the World Wide Web, such as www.example.com...

Once you type www you are being tracked buddy.

Once a URL is put in it has to ping the sources around the world for that information.

Therefore going to a Government website or getting their newsletters is moot.

Each and every person in the online world is tracked the moment they log-in to the Internet.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
lol...

you still used masking and fake email right... just because your tracked you didnt give em anything for free???

I agree it is in the right area but I doubt others will...

As for myself if they want to track me.... It is only going to be good till nov. 4 2012....

yours till january 21, 2013...

It is a good find and ats does need to read it....

it is because they put things out and due to inefficiencies they will let things slip through..... You might want to add more links for the others to follow on it...

I ll let you explain open source...

(your explanation was way better then anything I could do)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

No, no masking, no fake e-mail, nothing but the truth.

Then when those Government agencies try playing games they cannot win.

No clue about the dates you referenced.

Open source?

As in open-source intelligence?

Quote from : Wikipedia : Open-Source Intelligence

Open source intelligence (OSINT) is a form of intelligence collection management that involves finding, selecting, and acquiring information from publicly available sources and analyzing it to produce actionable intelligence.

In the intelligence community (IC), the term "open" refers to overt, publicly available sources (as opposed to covert or classified sources); it is not related to open-source software or public intelligence.

Like the thread I wrote a while back.

Going To Your Public Library, Gathering Open Source Intelligence, and Surviving

It makes things so interesting.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Open-Source Intelligence : OSINT Communities

Government

There are a large number of open source activities taking place throughout the US Government.

Frequently, these open source activities are described as "media monitoring", "media analysis", "internet research" and "public surveys" but are open source nonetheless.

The Library of Congress sponsors the Federal Research Division (FRD) which conducts a great deal of tailored open source research on a fee-for-service basis for the executive branch.

Very interesting what you find by digging.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

hows a corner office sound....

I'll quit laughing in a minute... all tongues lead to Rome....

Most people do not realize the depth of open source intell available....

edit on 28-3-2011 by ripcontrol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Hey, try living researching them, and every other Government agency in the world.

Then talk to me about losing your husband to conspiracy theorizing....

I met him at a Science Fiction convention. One of our dates was to a birthday party where a friend of his was roasted by Hal Clement and Issac Asimov. Needless to say our house groans under the weight of our collective library.

Actually he is not a conspiracy nut, I am if any one in the family is.

Back on topic.

I think the reason they put this info on line is to drown us in information!!!

TPTB have armies of people information mining for them, we have unpaid volunteers.

That reminds me I ran across this tidbit when doing some data hunting for one of proto's threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Tides Foundation is the "mixer" used so we do not know who donated to what. Some US government Departments donate to the Tides Foundation along with the Rockefellers, JP Morgan, Carnegie, Pew and others. You can go to the above post to see a brief listing of who is donating what amounts to Tides AND ACORN.

Then I list some of the grantees from the Tides foundation. THAT is where it gets really interesting.

One of the biggest grantees is Catalist???

If you are wondering who “Catalist” is And note they are one of the few groups WITHOUT a website listed...

Helping Non-Profits maximize precious resources, mobilize supporters and influence policy debates...

Giving organizations the tools and data to reach voters, build advocacy campaigns and creatively reach new supporters....
Serving the Progressive Community
Clean and current data for 265 million individuals
Cutting-edge software tools that enable you to query, analyze, visualize and export lists
Data-mining and analytics products to pinpoint the individuals that you need to reach
Expert staff from diverse technical, civic and political backgrounds

NO WONDER Tides Foundation gives them so much money and hides who they are!!!!

Tides Foundation 2006 Grantee List: www.tides.org...

Center for Community Change www.communitychange.org....$483,000.00
Catalist...................................................................................$1,025,000.00

ACORN Institute.......................................................................$412,250.00
Acorn Internatational.................................................................$20,000.00
ACORN Living Wage Resource Center.......................................$20,000.00
Missouri ACORN........................................................................$40,000.00
Massachusetts ACORN................................................................$2,500.00
Florida ACORN..........................................................................$42,500.00
Arizona ACORN.........................................................................$12,500.00

[nothing like funding BOTH sides of a debate!]
Center for Constitutional Rights................................................$62,818.20
Missouri Progressive Vote Coalition...........................................$80,000.00
League of Conservation Voters Education Fund......................$371,000.00
League of Conservation Voters.................................................$131,000.00
Foundation for Taxpayer and Consumer Rights........................$142,500.00
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington..................$50,000.00
Center for Policy Alternatives.......................................................$21,947.00
Center for Progressive Leadership................................................$40,000.00
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.........................................$77,867.00

This sounds like an ACORN off-shoot:

The Center for Community Change

...is to build the power and capacity of low-income people, especially low-income people of color, to change the policies and institutions that affect their lives. We work with hundreds of grassroots community-based organizations across the country to create change that speaks to our community values.... www.communitychange.org...

That post of mine is the money trail showing the Bankster/corporate hold on the purse strings of the progressives and conservatives. In looking up this info I found it incredible the amount of money (stolen from us) that is shoveled at the environmental movement.

No wonder you trip over a GAIA worshiper every time you turn around!

new topics

top topics

join