It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The definition of open forum... Is it being lost ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
The term “open forum” can refer to several things, depending on who is speaking and what the context is. All of these meanings, however, imply the open exchange of ideas and information, usually to better the common good. The word “forum” comes directly from the Latin. In Roman times, the forum was an open marketplace where people could make purchases, have discussions with other citizens, and try to reach agreement on matters of public interest.

In a loose sense, an open forum is any space in which people may exchange information and ideas. In the United States, for example, most government owned public property is an open forum. In that forum, citizens can protest, hold meetings, and exercise other first amendment rights. Some typical examples of open forums include sidewalks, parks, streets, publicly held buildings, and spaces set aside specifically for the purpose. An internation internet site forum is no exclusion.

In the name of this respected and informative site, In peace and humanity, a civilized culture and understanding international community please practise open discussion in a democratic and fair process respecting and understanding the beliefs and non beliefs of each other ! If we are here we are one... Peace !

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

Members need to also consider the younger members or lurkers on the site. Open discussion is permitted but the rules and regulations still apply.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

I admire your spirit, but what provoked you to make this thread? I am just curious.

Steak+Fish

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

I read alot here... I see alot of pointless tit for tat "arguing" on threads, I see somewhats some agression in discussions, I see some threads getting out of control before Mods step in, I see often a lack of understanding relating to if you believe or not believe in a subject, I see lack of manners often. But over all with meaning no offence to anyone i thought i'd put a "Rant" reminder we are all civilized humans that should respect one and other.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
ATS becoming a democracy=
ATS becomes a democracy.

What's different? Ah yes payment for membership.
We wanna run the site? We gotta pay the bills too.

EDIT:
Justice is interesting, since it is what you believe to be justice. Mods see a direct breach of T&C and punish them and that's justice.

I would love for this site to be a little more loose, but that would loosen alot more things that should stay screwed.
For example:
I disagree with a picture having sexual induendo, then the person that showed it to me said that there is nothing natural with a males "*****" going inside his rear end. I was going to tell him that it had nothing to do with that (the image was supposed to be a *****) but instead i wanted to educate him (Trying to be democratic) so i started telling him how well.. ignorant he was. Then it got out of hand and yet even with good intentions i crossed the line to this moron and said mean words. I got a small ban which was desirved.
Anyways it's a just system. We just must keep out of arguments with the morons, even if we try to escape them by coming to this website. Because we have mixed classrooms which teach morons and non-morons to use the computer, we will never escape
edit on 28-3-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join