It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caterpillar CEO's letter talks of leaving Illinois

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
As a machinist that makes parts for Cat everyday, I worry about the hundreds of smaller companies that actually make Cat parts. I don't know if most are aware, but Cat plants are assembly plants. They take parts made at companies like mine and do final assembly at their plants.

In the long haul, if your company wants to keep supplying parts for Cat, your company will need to move closer to Cat as well as move to a more friendly tax location. Parts costs in Illinois are too high for a Cat located in a low cost state. Factor in the cost of transportation and the cost of tied up money for the longer transportation times, and your company is shafted as far as being a continuing supplier for Cat.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Toyota might have gotten hurt by the recall but they never had to take a Government Bailout now have they? As for the Nuclear Industry, the tragedy that is unfolding as we speak could just as well happen here. Infact we have many of the same plants here correct?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Right now Illinois is one of the worst states in country. Their Mayor in Springfield killed himself in December because he was going down. Their last 2 Governors are convicted felons and their new one keeps borrowing money. I feel sorry for the people of Illinois because their politicians from Chicago screwed everything up. That has always been Illinois problem, the disconnect from Chicago to the rest of the state.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Wow.... This is pretty nuts....

Sure glad not to be a local public official

top topics

<< 1   >>

join