It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would you visit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
What do they possibly have to gain from visiting 'us'? What are we? We are nothing but a !system! We have no meaning, no more than any other system that exists. There are more important questions to be asked/answered, like why does this exist? I just don't see the point in wasting time visiting us.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
What is the point to visit a Zoo? Ask yourself this question... there are endless possible reasons.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

Personally I might be intrigued by their apathy. Apathy may be an important part of study for them. perhaps they came from a planet who's populace once showed the same apathy? and they want to see how WE deal with it.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkey

Water, land, food, and resources.
But why would a race invade a foreign territory to steal these things?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Perhaps our visitors seeded life in order to make the planet inhabitable. Their arrival may be part of a plan... If, of course, you believe we are being visited.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
LOL.....

You guys are so amazingly humble...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
How about just curiosity?

Why would a biologist cross the Atlantic Ocean and brave the wilds of Africa in the 1700s just to study a type of ant colony or something? Curiosity!

Maybe their evolution was very different than ours, more hive like, and they are facinated by our individuality?

And we really need to stop assuming it's so difficult to get here from there, because we don't know that.
Maybe giving human beings anal probes is one of the activities that comes with the Sol get-a-away cruise vacation package?
edit on 26-3-2011 by Kaiju because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Why one one visit the freezing alaska?Obvious answer-to mine resources.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Why do we hope to one day visit other planets.
If we did find an inhabited planet that didn't have our technology, obviously at war with each other, what would we do, land say hi folks or observe.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'd visit just to go to Baja for the surf, and more importantly for the fish tacos...

But seriously, Earth is a beautiful planet. Even with their speedy travel it would take a long time to visit and appreciate all of Earth's wonderful places...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

EASY:

SEX
DINNER
CURIOSITY
SCIENTIFIC REASONS
SCOUTING OFR MILITARY POst
resource Aquisition
Looking for members of rebel faction
vacation.
home world blew up
they are space hobos

Same reasons why we a progressing towards space

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Man has the desire to explore and further his knowledge why wouldn't the same apply to an alien species?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think it comes down to anthropology. By studying a more primitive culture, they learn something about their own origins, just as we learn something of ourselves by studying tribes in New Guinea.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Why not? You could answer a lot about how life and civilization evolve by looking at a place where they did so independently. also, if there is any truth to the ancient astronaut theory, another species may have long-term interests in our planet and civilization. or maybe theyre trying to learn about their own history, or the history of a third civilization that visited us at some point.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Maybe they needed some 'junk DNA' and its like going to a yard sale for them

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You think about this question from a human perspective. I don't believe they would have any need for curiosity because they would realise the irrelevance of our existence. Like i said in the OP we are nothing but another system, we would be no more intriguing than an apple falling from a tree. There are bigger questions to be asked, I believe they would be looking outwards, rather than inwards.

As for using this planet to gain resources... If they can travel such long distances i highly doubt they would need them. For one they wouldn't have huge populations and there technology would be very efficient.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkey
You think about this question from a human perspective. I don't believe they would have any need for curiosity because they would realise the irrelevance of our existence.

Not if we owed our existence to 'them'. Even if we don't, do you think Darwin was a fool to travel the world in an attempt to better understand the mysteries of life?

I know it's hard to take on board, we have been conditioned to believe we're exceptional and the top of the tree. However, we do not even know how or where life came to be on Earth. Most humans know so little about the universe beyond this planet - humanity could be likened to a toddler taking its first, barely upright, steps in cosmic terms.

If you knew a toddler was about to take their first steps, wouldn't you want to be able to say you were there? Would it really be a surprise to learn that humans might not have been the first explorers who made great discoveries?

It only takes a moment to open your mind to infinite possibilities. It might take an awful lot longer to escape from a self imposed prison defined by a limited world view.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I've come to the conclusion that all the UFO and alien sightings are of 'crafts' and 'beings' that's been here longer than human history itself.

While I do believe that these beings are capable of interstellar and intergalactic travel, I firmly believe that any 'newcomers' would be invading their 'space', not ours. If there were multiple extraterrestrial civilizations visiting Earth, there would be battles being conducted that are beyond our comprehension.

I also believe that we only live to be a fraction of what these beings live to be. We are like a fly when compared to how long they live. We live out our entire lives with little notice from these beings. They go about their lives noticing us just as we go about our lives noticing flies. To them, we may be just 'pesky insects' that are 'swatted' when we get in their way.

Plus, the real reason they're here is because of the oil. It's all about the oil. That's all.
edit on 26/3/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
Not if we owed our existence to 'them'. Even if we don't, do you think Darwin was a fool to travel the world in an attempt to better understand the mysteries of life?

No, but it was a different time, different outlook on what life is. We wouldn't even be a curiosity, because we are just the same as them, essentially... like everything else in this universe.

I know it's hard to take on board, we have been conditioned to believe we're exceptional and the top of the tree. However, we do not even know how or where life came to be on Earth. Most humans know so little about the universe beyond this planet - humanity could be likened to a toddler taking its first, barely upright, steps in cosmic terms.

You are right, we aint special.. we aint nothing. Yes, most humans know very little about the unvierse... because they don't think about it... it's not hard, just think why, then nothing will make sense. They would probably be more concerned with the question of why.. but they would realise they are nothing, because they can't think... make decisions, they too are prisoners... it's not like you can be free anyway.... so it doesn't matter.

If you knew a toddler was about to take their first steps, wouldn't you want to be able to say you were there? Would it really be a surprise to learn that humans might not have been the first explorers who made great discoveries?

Maybe, but what's there to gloat about? Your thinking like the rest of them
... if humans were the first to make the first discoveries, then there would be no great race visiting us... the point of this thread.

It only takes a moment to open your mind to infinite possibilities. It might take an awful lot longer to escape from a self imposed prison defined by a limited world view.

HAHHAHHAHAHHAh, there is no freedom, you have no choice no possibility except this universe. The universe is dictated by laws... rules... they can't be broken, there is no random.
edit on 28-3-2011 by purplemonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
I've come to the conclusion that all the UFO and alien sightings are of 'crafts' and 'beings' that's been here longer than human history itself.

Maybe, do u mean they were once native to this planet? or they came here?

While I do believe that these beings are capable of interstellar and intergalactic travel, I firmly believe that any 'newcomers' would be invading their 'space', not ours. If there were multiple extraterrestrial civilizations visiting Earth, there would be battles being conducted that are beyond our comprehension.

Fighting is pointless, space doesn't need to be conqured... why do we fight? We fight because of control (resources, land etc) they don't need this stuff, especially if they view the universe the way i think they do.

I also believe that we only live to be a fraction of what these beings live to be. We are like a fly when compared to how long they live. We live out our entire lives with little notice from these beings. They go about their lives noticing us just as we go about our lives noticing flies. To them, we may be just 'pesky insects' that are 'swatted' when we get in their way.

They probably know living isn't anything special, they would be aware of the illusion. Maybe there are other illusions that are better then this one (intelligient beings)

Plus, the real reason they're here is because of the oil. It's all about the oil. That's all.
edit on 26/3/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

Tap dem wellz

new topics

top topics

join