It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian intelligence claim ground attacks in Libya being planned for April by coalition.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
There is no way the media here in the US hasn't picked up on this intell. I even emailed the article to FOX and they haven't brought it up at all. I smell a rat .Also It seems that forces to the Libyan government are getting hit even when they pull back. So much for just protecting civilians. They keep showing burnt tanks at staging areas miles away from certain cities.

None of this makes sense.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
By Spring of 2012 we will have boots on the ground in Russia mopping up what's left of their antique military hardware. North Korean's will all be dead by then...China will bow their heads in shame lower than even the Japanese after their Shi Lang Carrier is sent to the bottom of the sea.

There is absolutely no one on Earth that can stop a One World Government now.

Oh man that is the funniest thing I have heard since the words HOPE and CHANGE .You should do stand up and go on tour .I'd pay to see you !

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by martin3030

Gaddafi has $30 billion we have frozen in the US. I'm sure we will take that to pay for operations in Libya.

France and the UK may seek other ways to compensate for expenses though.

Sadly, if the U.S. took on a full role in the war like the article is trying to misinform, we would blow that amount of money in a month or two. Estimates range all over the place in terms of what we are spending between Iraq and Afghanistan, but much literature exists to point it at between $9-12 Billion a month on Iraq and close to $6 Billion a month on Afghanistan with that wars price rising each month.

This brings total estimated cost between the two current wars at between 1.2 - 1.7 trillion. In the first day of airstrikes in Libya, we managed to shoot off 124 Tomahawk missiles with a price tag near a cool $1.4 million a piece bringing numbers close to $186 million for missile cost on day one alone. So long for this misappropriate and largely supported false claim since WWII about wars boosting the economy (another argument for another thread though!).

Our troops are spread too thin right now to push for a third main battle front. With the Obama camp trying to push for a 2012 campaign, it would take a Pearl Harbor or a 9/11 on behalf of Libya to convince the American people to support another war. And with Gaddafi trying his hardest just to stay alive as his compounds are being demolished, I would say we are safe without another war.

Sources:
usgovinfo.about.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.usatoday.com...
thehill.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
it requires boots on the ground to
build a Rothschold Bank on the ground.
u can't do that from the air.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
That may be why Gaddafi wants to "talk" now....
He "heard it thru the grapvine" that a ground attack is planned.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Check out my recent thread , it appears that it may have already happened with 2,2OO Marines from the 26th MEU Unit www.abovetopsecret.com... .Sorry I can't confirm it any further , I have asked for help with the referencing and source from other members but now there is a huge catfight going on over there .If anyone can contribute something rational please help .I don't mean to jump on your thread OP, but it is relevent to your thread if true .
edit on 26-3-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SneakySleuth911
From the news article,

"Information coming via different channels shows that NATO countries, with the active participation of Britain and the United States, are developing a plan for a ground operation on Libyan territory," he said.

This alone makes me think it is just early stage propaganda. I really do not see the United States getting involved past the early air support provided so far.

You can call me naive. You can call me a fool that 'listens to his government' because both Obama and Gates have unequivocally stated that U.S. operations would be brief. You can look at the track record of fear-mongering on threads such as these and see one simple fact.

Nothing.Ever.Ends.Up.Happening. And I for one am quite happy with that fact.

None of this is directed at the OP. I really do appreciate you passing this information along to us for discussion purposes.

If ground warfare breaks out, which it probably will, France will be leading the coalition and not the United States. We have our own affairs to fix. Yanno, like our extremely popular and important wars we are finishing up in Iraq and Afghanistan.
GWB and the Mission Accomplished banner ring any bells?
edit on 26-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SneakySleuth911

The Tomahawks don't cost quite that much. Thats close though.

We already paid for 196 new Tomahawks back in December. The US Navy contracted Raytheon to provide the new advanced block IV version at around $1 million a pop. They will be delivered sometime this year.
www.globalsecurity.org...

Small wars do boost a sector of the economy, but not the entire thing. It would take a total war, like WW2, to boost the entire economy. Thats coming, when though is anyone's guess.

We are not spread thing, we are only using about 1/10th of our forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, 1/5th if you include National Guard and reserves. We have around 1.5 million active duty personnel and aboud 1.5 million reserve personnel. Its really difficult to imagine how large the US military is. Most people don't realize that the USAF is larger than Russia and China's air forces combined. Total US aircraft from all branches of service almost out number the world's combined air forces. The US navy is another good example, it has more ships than the Russian and Chinese navies combined. In terms of modern main battle tanks, the US has over 6000 M1 Abrams. To compare, Russia only has 400 T-90 tanks and China has somewhere between 200-500 Type 99 tanks.

You are right that the American people have lost the stomach or suffer from attention deficit disorder in regards to war. The way things are going I don't know how much longer that will really matter.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by SneakySleuth911

The Tomahawks don't cost quite that much. Thats close though.

We already paid for 196 new Tomahawks back in December. The US Navy contracted Raytheon to provide the new advanced block IV version at around $1 million a pop. They will be delivered sometime this year.
www.globalsecurity.org...

Small wars do boost a sector of the economy, but not the entire thing. It would take a total war, like WW2, to boost the entire economy. Thats coming, when though is anyone's guess.

We are not spread thing, we are only using about 1/10th of our forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, 1/5th if you include National Guard and reserves. We have around 1.5 million active duty personnel and aboud 1.5 million reserve personnel. Its really difficult to imagine how large the US military is. Most people don't realize that the USAF is larger than Russia and China's air forces combined. Total US aircraft from all branches of service almost out number the world's combined air forces. The US navy is another good example, it has more ships than the Russian and Chinese navies combined. In terms of modern main battle tanks, the US has over 6000 M1 Abrams. To compare, Russia only has 400 T-90 tanks and China has somewhere between 200-500 Type 99 tanks.

You are right that the American people have lost the stomach or suffer from attention deficit disorder in regards to war. The way things are going I don't know how much longer that will really matter.

Maybe this explains Putins massive shopping list.
I was reading this week that there was a meeting between Russia and Ukraine to discuss co-operation.
Russia wants to use Ukraine shipyards,and is looking at tank and aircraft production.
I think Russia now only has 1 tank factory.
Putin had already made contingency plans for another Black Sea base before Yukashenko was ousted,because they knew he would not grant any extension of the Crimea Russian black sea fleet in Sevastopol.
The first stages of this are already operational in a new Southern Port.
Russia has planned on 3 aircraft carriers the first of which is from France as many know.
Its been announced recently also that existing aircraft currently under the command of the Navy,are being transferred to command of the air force.
There are new planes being designated to the Navy-presumably for carrier use.
Also in production with one recently finished and on trials are more subs.
The S400 and S500 programme is still very active.
So looks like Putin is covering all angles,and lets remember,according to the stats,even after the START agreements,Russia still holds some 3000 more nukes than the US.
Will try to find some links for above.

www.qnaol.net...
edit on 26-3-2011 by martin3030 because: (no reason given)

news.rin.ru...

rusnavy.com...

exsubspy.posterous.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Moscows air defences;

en.rian.ru...

www.fas.org...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join