It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration in voilation of the constitution with Libya attack, Impeach?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Rand Paul chimes in with his father now. It is clear that the USA Libyan involvement is unconstitutional.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
Rand Paul chimes in with his father now. It is clear that the USA Libyan involvement is unconstitutional.

Unconstitutional because those two say it is? Ron Paul also believes that states can nullify federal law, in direct contradiction to the constitution. How is he or his son an expert on the matter?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Immortalgemini527

There is nothing partisan in my thinking. I was as against US military adventurism as Ron Paul was when GWB was leading us into the unconstitutional wars of Afghanistan and Iraq. I was against each military adventure that was not done for the direct support and safety of the American people since I have been alive. This thread is about the current corporatist mouth piece in charge nothing more. Do not read any partisan crap into it. We have Glen Beck and FOX666 news for that.

I am never replying to you or your thread again ,I have never in my immortal life been so utterly disrespected as to associate with me to beck and that ..Fox show on comedy central.
No more replys.. ever.
That was low dude.LOL

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

No , because the whole Premise of justifing this Military Action is based on a Unconstitutional Law . The War Powers Act of 1973 . Take the time to read the article in the Link I post here and just digest the Food for Thought it offers you friend...............

www.fed-soc.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

What about the premise of the wars before 1973? The Korean war, the Philippine-American war, the Indian wars, Nicaragua in 1927? Where was the argument then?

The president has certain powers as commander-in-chief to send troops to do all sorts of military actions. Seeing as we have no standing army ready to march into Tripoli and our leading role has been firmly placed as that of a multi-national force there is little, if any need, for congressional approval.

Go ahead and impeach him, lose.
edit on 30-3-2011 by links234 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I really don't think Congress can prosecute any-kind of impeachable offense, because of the exclusion of any "Air Power," which is plainly NOT in the U.S. Constitution, thusly could be considered an explicit-power (discretionary,) of the POTUS.

Referenced section is as follows:

ARTICLE 1, SECTION 8

The Congress shall have Power:

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

Note there isn't any mention of ANY "Air Force or Power;" perhaps there should be an amendment to include it?

But, the lack of any "Air Force or Power," of Congress could validate the Executive argument to the converse?

I defer to interpret the U.S. Constitution literally, at this point, since the only avenues of war, at the time of its genesis, were indeed land or water. If one were to literally read-into the great document, the necessity of amending it to include "Air" would seem very important. This would make "No-Fly" zones very convenient to enforce if the argument weren't taken into consideration, at the very least.

Even the "War Powers Act of 1973" probably would not apply, since any air forces could deploy and return before 48 hours is reached, thus negating the requirement to give notice to Congress. It would seem with the current "status-quo," the "zone of concurrent" powers remains intact, with possibly one side being unable to act or be viewed as "expressly limiting" the powers of the Executive Branch.

Neither side would be at fault, but any litigation could prove unfruitful by intention alone and force neither to act.

Comments are welcome and appreciated if any-part of the above is inaccurate or not factual. Please correct, if you like to engage-in vigorous discussion about government and its powers.

Enjoy!

And this, as it has been for decades, is indeed in the hands of the politicians and bureaucrats.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

The US and French and British blew the crap out of Libyan national forces with nearly 200 tomahawks and I do not know how many sorties of smart bombs, bunker busters and what not. That is your point? The US and its allies in this intervention set up the conditions for the rebels to capture now abandoned military heavy equipment.

The US and its allies are aiding the strength funding and combat training of Al-CIA-du fighters. There is no disputing this fact. Any organization is direct material support of terrorists are targets of the US military. Well what if it is the US military that is in material support of terrorists in Libya? What now. Impeach the stupid people in charge of this fiasco. That is our best option. Defunding then impeach.

al-Qaida? Are you kidding me?

Just because it's not Iran every GOP'r is in a tizzy because we will never complete the Trans Arabian Pipleline that they want to run from China to Europa.

Libya is a confirmed "State Sponsor of Terror" according to both The US State Dept and US Dept. Of Homeland Security and fully authourize The Commander In Chief of The United States Armed Forces to engage an enemy.

If 43 can invade launch a pre emptive against Iraq then Obama can fully use the same authourity as he is the legal and recognized titleholder means that the only thing changed now versus then is who is in the seat. Nothing else has changed in that regard.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is however true. Ghadaffi is that much of a psycho.
edit on 30-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

These so Called " Rebels " in Libya are being Influenced and Led by Foreign Intelligent Agencies and the Militant Islamic Mercenaries that they Control .This whole Conflict is nothing more than a Globalist Takeover of Libya's Natural Resources and its Strategic Location amoung the numerous Unstable North African Nations . You can bet your Bottom Dollar that ANY Goverment installed if and when Col. Gadaffi is deposed will become More Opressive towards the Libyan People than he was . Case in point , Egypt . Look what Deposing Mubarak got them , NOTHING .........

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

These so Called " Rebels " in Libya are being Influenced and Led by Foreign Intelligent Agencies and the Militant Islamic Mercenaries that they Control .This whole Conflict is nothing more than a Globalist Takeover of Libya's Natural Resources and its Strategic Location amoung the numerous Unstable North African Nations . You can bet your Bottom Dollar that ANY Goverment installed if and when Col. Gadaffi is deposed will become More Opressive towards the Libyan People than he was . Case in point , Egypt . Look what Deposing Mubarak got them , NOTHING .........

Most of these groups have little knowledge on how to run a successful campaign and did in fact make a call stateside seeking help.

This is not about oil, Iraq had everything to do with oil but this is not.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
YES, impeach, NOW.

Second line as required. Seriously, impeachment in his case is long overdue. He's done more than this against the Constitution he took an oath to protect.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I think it is about destabilization of the region. Chaos is required to cause drastic changes to the playing field. The globalist are masters of Problem, Reaction, Solution. They certainly want to improve their access to key industries in Libya. Libya also has key access to the Nubian Aquifer This is the largest reserve of fossil water in the region. Tying up this resource for the globalist is a key goal I think. Control the largest water resource in the region and you control growth and life for generations.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here is more on the Libyan Islamist fighters that the US is preparing to arm with modern weapons, provide significant money to, and provide a legal framework for them to take control of Libya from Gaddafi. Our great leader in action. He does not learn from the lessons of history. Much to the peril of the United States.

another interview with a little different information.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Looks like there has been some movement towards bringing impeachment proceedings against Obama.

GOP lawyer drafts Obama impeachment

A prominent libertarian constitutional lawyer and civil libertarian has drafted an article of impeachment against President Obama over his attack on Libya, throwing down a legal gauntlet that could be picked up by some Congressional Republicans

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join