It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A prophecy for America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It is as it was promised to you, it is the fruit of your doings. Even as you have sown discord and confusion into the world, you have prepared for yourself an inheritance of calamity and violence.

The world is ready for it, it is prepared, it is full of your works.

In this generation, which is without its senses, the troubles will come. From you will be taken peace, health, and liberty. And for a long time you will be thrown around by violence.

A dark time is upon you. From your numbers will be chosen few, and they will shine as diamonds in the clay.

War, war, you have made war, and the children of war will come to you. Justice and might will fall upon you, even as you have made it. Mighty woman, your crown has fallen, it is dirty. Hated by all nations, you have broadened your whoredom.

Teaching the children lie, and hate, and ignorance, you have made your face ugly. Poison is what you have drunk, and illness is your misery, and now you go into the world to sell it to all nations.

Justice, justice! You are calling for justice! What you have asked for will come to you, but it will not favor you as you have thought.

[Edited on 20-9-2004 by Arkaleus]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Whoa Arkaleus this is the first post you make that is not lengthy.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hi again my lady!

Yes it was short, but I am glad that is was. It's a bitter pill to see the real world and to trace its fate.

I walked through the temple near my house and asked one question: Why did Jesus ask for the swords? I got my answer, and it was a heavy burden. It made me sick to my belly to see the great weight of evil in my land.

Ark

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I always enjoy your post, they are poetic in a doom kind of way, but I do enjoy them very much.
I do believe we are facing some bad thing coming our way in the next few months but hopefully this nation is strong enough to survive.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Marg:

You are a gentle and true spirit. Thank you for your constant words of encouragement.

Our nation needs to be shaken up. Things have settled down too much, connected too much, everything's all settled.

It's good to clean out the rafters and the basement every now and then. We grew so fast we lost track of ourselves. The way it stands, I don't see how reform can ever overtake the corruption that has moved into our system of government. Something has to break the hold of the consolidated powers.

Not to worry, it's just the old prophecy coming true. It's not like I'm making this stuff up after watching movies. But sometimes I just feel like it is closer than it ever has been before.

Arkaleus

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I also enjoyed the post, it is very poetic.

The world is in for some tough times. There is so much hate in the world, and countries with unstable governments having nuclear capabilities.

With the middle east agianst Israel for building their wall, and Iran resuming their nuclear research and experiments, these are scary times for the world :shk:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Those were the thoughts that came to me as I waslked through the Salt Lake Temple the other day. I live and work right in downtown Salt Lake City. It's a beautiful place to take lunch, and I always get inspired when I go there.

Like I said, that day I was pondering the time right before Jesus was crucified. He asked his servants to procure swords, and I thought: "What was in the mind of Jesus, that he should cause his servants to prepare for war?"

And I realized that Jesus must have seen the effect of His Leadership upon the children who would come into the world, and the struggle that would inevitably come.

It seems as though we are finally in the times predicted, where the work of Jesus and the Father is finished, and the souls prepared for the Kingdom are faced with the time of great conflict with the children of darkness. It seems to be the process as given in the prophecies.

We are prepared to receive the inhertance of the world, and the kingdom of eternal life, and the children of darkness are prepared to receive each other, and the fire.

America has become a nesting place for the children of darkness, their offspiring, and their works. It has become the playground of Satan, and its people are held by his iron bonds. This is my land, and these are my people, and Satan is no friend of mine.

This is why there is such trouble coming, it is the immutable consequence of the great evil that has appeared in America, and in all the western world. It is coming to a critical time for us all, where the warning from the book of revelation is coming true.

The corruption of women and the increase of their power, the fall of men and their surrender to Satan and his will, and the great evil that has come to roost in the institutions and corporations of our people.

The reek of decay from the upper ranks of our society has begun to sour the heavens, and great anger has been stirred up against our people from every holy place. We are fighting to avoid the consequence of our vile behavior as a people, we have ALLOWED it without anyone taking RESPONSIBILITY for it. We are all collaborators, because we have numbed ourselves with luxury, we have all gone after the whore and her goods.

Shake off these connections with the world, and do not tolerate any longer the antics of the children of the devil, they are to be destroyed and driven out. It is indeed the time of the reaping, look how ready the field is!

The good word remains though, those of us who have chosen Christ and the Good Lord, will see and gather ourselves, we will receive more and more of our inheritance, until we become a strong people and break the bonds of the wicked over us.

Every person who continues to allow everything around them to proceed without comment, everyone who is lax in his judgment of the land and its people, cannot possibly be a part of our nation of godliness. Such as these are weak sorts, timid, and fearful of their lives, and their goods, and their hearts are set upon riches as the day is long.

Jesus is a manly figure, and a kingly nature, and did not ever withhold his word to appease women, men, or governments. There were times when he fled for his safety, other times he attacked and was not ashamed. Yet his manly nature should never be polluted with feminine worship, Our God is not a passive sister.

Only those who share this bravery are welcome among us. The rest are bidden to leave.

Ark

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The time when revalations will be full filled is very close at hand.

The world today is so much like Sodom and Gomorrah were. It is very hard to stay away from the evil things of the world these days but it must be done. It will be a constant struggle but we should all stay dilligent.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hey Mormon boy!

I have a question for a fellow mormon. Our elder brothers in the LDS church has quite steadily been equalizing the roles of men and women in the church.

I know that I will become unpopular and hated, but I have to stand up for what is right and correct.

Where is our fraternity? Where is the place for those men who will not associate with women? I never accepted the direction that the elders has chosen for the church.

Indeed, sexual interest in women seems to be something alien to us. We do not desire these things while we are in the spirit of the Lord. It seems to be pressed upon us, to cause us to lose our virginity, to cause us to fall into the minds of women, and out of the mind of our Father.

Boys are not naturally inclined to relate with women, its is not "in our nature." We keep to our own kind. If we are careful and wise, we can avoid the trap waiting for all men.

( I suddenly ponder how I got into this line of discussion)

Anyways, wihtout sounding like I am putting women down, I am just asking for a refuge for the men. We need to strengthen our sense of fraternity, not further isolate ourselves from one another. I was always puzzed at the boldness of the Church to make this new commandment, seemingly out of thin air. While raising families is good, raising OURSELVES to perfection seems to be more in line with Christ's way.

I would have us be a band of brothers, not a nation of woman-dominated domestic husbandmen. To clearly see this, look at who the boys will love most among our number. They tend to adhere to the manliest, the freest, those men who are not found at the heel of the women, or in her houses. I myself know for certain that the way of our own gender tends to brotherhood, honesty, and the building of strong nations. Women are not where the foundations of the faith are. They are attracted to this and that. If they find faith, then they stop meddling with the powers of the mind and remain humble.

Instead of humilty and virginity, many bold and agressive women I have found; fat cows that delight in their own judgment and authority, and they will themselves to dominate the boys, and to barge their way into our sanctuaries and blare out their offensive and gaudy voices. The have formed their own rules for their behavior, and have sought after their own kind of order, which is based upon their envy and emotion.

Gentlemen! Bar the sanctuary doors, remove these women from the halls of our house, and cleanse their odor from the place of our honor. You have let the woman into the house of the men, and they have run quite amok. (I chuckle thinking "Dexter's Labaratory" Get Out Dee Dee!)

We need a temple of maleness, not a mingled house of worldliness. A place where we can free ourselves, wash ourselves, and re-unite with the sacredness of our youthful bonds with our Lord.

There shouldn't be hard feelings between the women of the world and us. We are part of the same family. I will still love a girl who is willing to rebel against her sisters, and her mother, and seek to become like us men. Those ones I love like our Lord loved, and it is His example I use in this.

Kinda weird subject to divert to, but I think it is necessary after the thoughts I had today.

Ark

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
To Arkaleus

What is the sword you are referring to when you say Jesus told believers to pick it up and the reference.

Also, I'm an evangelical christian and I don't agree with the things you said concerning women. You even called some fat cows. You claim to represent Jesus yet stoop to name calling which is a sin. This misrepresents Christ to others. Jesus came to rid us of our bondage to sin and free us to live life like He intended.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
One of the greatest commandments (if not the greatest) is to get married and have children.

Genesis 2:24 : Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Familys are eternal and one should keep his / her eyes open their eternal mate.

I have no problems with the man's and women's role, (as far as I know nothing has really changed) in the family. The man is the head and teacher of the house hold, he works and provides for the family. The women stays home with the children and teaches them and loves while they are at home.

May seem old fasion and would be easier with two incomes, but it really is the best for the children.

That has always been my opinion on the subject

Curious to what brought that up Arkaleus ?

[Edited on 7/24/2004 by zull]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Dbrant:

The sword reference comes after Jesus instructs his desciples to purchase swords after he commands in Luke:

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

This command is unlike any other one Jesus gave. What are your comments on it.

As for my thoughts on women, I just want you to know that I recognize that there are some women who are going to become perfect, and find God, and these ones I love dearly. All truth-seeking women who have overcome the devil and rejected all mischief and deception I adore.

Zull:

I am just not seeing the fruits of perfection. There is a "Heavenly-Mother" concept creeping into the LDS church, and it is a corruption.

I don't know know any perfect women, I don't even know any women who are trying to be perfect. They seem to have their own agenda, an arrogant sort of pride that I truly hate. What happens, is that I see married couples falling into the world, and forsaking Christ altogether. I am certain that there are those rare sisters and brothers who have married and forsaken the world and commited themselves to religious austerity and poverty, but where are they? I would like to hold them up as a good example so people don't think I'm just a bigot.

I have seen the fire of the spirit, and I have never seen it upon women. Most of you have never seen the spirit really strong in anyone, so you don't really know what I am talking about, so you think everyone is just the same.

Consider this: In the book of revelations it speaks of the 144,000 sons of Israel who are chosen by Christ as the pure and the redeemed from the earth. It clearly states that these men are undefiled by women, and virgins. Why would this be important? Answer me that one, if you are brave.

Jesus himself did not lust for women, nor did he marry, or procreate. He frustrated his desciples because of his love for a few women, especially Mary Magdelene. Scholars are quite stupid and don't understand their relationship. That's because Mary M was spiritually bonded with Jesus, not physically, and they loved each other in the spirit. She had become male through Christ, and her spirit was liberated from the flesh. The other desciples were jealous and suspicious because they did not understand that kind of spiritual union. Most people still do not understand this. That's because most people don't get to be gods.

It is possible to have a woman's spirit inside of a male in perfection. Only the gentle and pure males can do this, and it is not something the LDS church has spoken about. I think their commandment to marry is a carnal law, and something that they have made up for their own purposes. Jesus did not instruct us to marry, and those "144,000" he choses to redeem are pure virgins and do not ever marry. So on what authority are we commanded to marry and defile ourselves with the flesh and the world?

I reject this command because I know it is from the god of the flesh, who I do not worship. The god of the spirit is not after the flesh, and his command does not agree with theirs. The greatest commandment is not to marry. I will fight any one of you over this and win. Jesus did not at ANY TIME give this commandment, nor did he teach it, nor did his desciples practise it because of him. It is the commandment of another power, and men.

Because of this corruption, our nation has lost its male character, and has descended into femaleness. And this is why she is so confused, violent, and evil. And also why she goes out into the world and corrupts herself so miserably, and then makes war on the last nations who have maintained their male authority.

This will sound strange to most mormons, but it is found in the gnostic gospels, and I have experienced the things they talk about firsthand.

I love good women and girls who have kept their virginity. I want to make that clear.

I am complaining because men's fraternity has weakened, and is not being replaced, and now my entire generation of brothers is very weak and unmanly, and they are afraid to establish their own authority like our ancestors did. I believe that to be the work of corruption, and the secret agenda of wicked women and their father the devil.

Meanwhile, I am off to Topaz Mountain to dig for gems. Later!

Ark

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hmm, I think you may have to move outside of Utah then

I know a lot of women who do not act that way. They are doing their best to live great lives. Sure everyone can mess up and fall away, but everyone can be made clean agian thanks to the atonement.

Not all married couples fall away into darkness and give into the world, I know very little who have gotten married and fell.

I don't see the corruption of this nation or the world the result of femminism (still trying to figure out what is being complained about, I don't understand it yet
).

Also Joseph Smith has recieved revelvation from the Lord on the topic of marriage.

D/C Section 49 : 15 And again, verily I say unto you, that whoso forbiddeth to marry is not ordained of God, for marriage is ordained of God unto man

Jesus never gave any doctrine concerning marriage (as far as I know) in the New Testament, but through his prophets he has made it clear.

How many gems did you find btw ?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
How do you know how bad America is? How many people do you know personally, what 12, 30, maybe 120, still not a grain of sand in the Beach of the american population, in a day in age were we only see the extreems, it is often easy to feel that the world is getting really bad. Although I don't any place on earth is were it should be, I also realise this is a guess, and secondly, we only see the wxtreme side of everything. When is the last time the News said, "breaking news" cop finds missing Tv? Never but you are sure as hell going to here about a cop beating someone. We see what rich people that pay for tv, want us to see. Humanity does exist, just not everywhere.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I am not saying that humanity is blood thirsty, not that kind of wickedness.

What I was referring to is how the world's morals have gone down the shoot, like accepting casual sex outside of mariage, like getting abortions is ok because they don't want to live up to their mistakes, homosexuality spreading and passing same sex marriage as ok.

My problem is not with the people, it is with the acts that are abomible in the site of the Lord. When I say the country is very wicked I am referring to the acts which are deemed ok, not so much as the people who live there.

This country is still the best in the world imo

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I just got back from Topaz Mountain. What a good day! I had the whole mountain to myself because of the harsh heat, I guess. A series of summer storms passed overhead and gave me some shade and some much needed cooling rain. What a fun day!

I got a handful of little gems. My best on is about an inch long and 1/4 inch wide, with a single terminated end. Not bad for my second expedition. I need to get a book to guide me to the better collecting areas, and figure out how to dig though that awfully hard rhyolite better.

And no, I'm not going to move out of Utah!

About marriage and male/female relationships: I think I should probably shut up about what I think about this, because I have realized that there are different paths to perfection, and different paths to God. I have nothing against marriage, and I have nothing against maintaining complete celebacy from women. Neither did Jesus.

I do have a thought I would like to add. I think one of the worst things for people to do is to place Christ so high above them so that no one can attain what He did. I don't think that this is correct, especeially with the notion of equality in the Kingdom of heaven. It keeps people "ok" with the inferior, makes people subject to sin and judgment, and results in other people taking authority and power over us. Muhammed often chided the Christians for praising Christ as if he were God, and I think I understand why. Mormons and most Christians are unfamiliar with this idea, and I think it's something that we should realize.

It's ok to give permission to yourself. There is no penalty for it. If you are in error, then you will not achieve what you desire, you will have to keep trying. There is no limitation on what a human being can achieve. We are not held in some kind of original sin, or other obligation. That is what Jesus FREED us from, but Christians are only too happy to seal themselves and others in bonds and obligations and silly ideas of worship.

I think the most perfect relationship you can have with women is not physical, or by marriage. It is a spiritual union, a combination of beings without destroying or harming one another. It is the perfect male/female union that is part of the high mysteries of the human experience.

The Mormon church has pursued a carnal understanding of this mystery, and it has dulled their senses. Instead of becoming Christs, they become men. And that's what I think bothers me so much. They understand the power of the spirit in little children, and respect that power, and it is obviously greater than in the adults. Why then, do they not seek to preserve that? It's like they are following two different commandments: One from Jesus, and one from the Old testament God. I don't know how these are reconsiled.

Even so, I know for a fact that Mormon leaders encourage men to marry, and chide him if he stays single. They seem to only promote those men who are married. I think it is quite a unfair treatment of those men who remain virgins and undefiled by women. I think Jesus and those Church Leaders are not really speaking to one another.

In fact, I am so certain of it that I have made my life this way, and I will continue in it until I move to the next life.

You say this was clarified by the Prophets, but I am not convinced that these revelations are complete. It is like the old commandments of the Hebrews, and their God. You see, I follow the Gnostic traditions, or at least as well as I can with only spiritual guidance. It makes a separation between the God of the Flesh, (Old testament) and Christ. They are separate beings, with separate agendas. Christ is above the God of the flesh, and the God of the Flesh stands in the way between man and Christ, and will only allow those who are pure enough to pass by.

I think most of mankind is under the tyranny of this God, though compassionate and wise. I think the commandment of marriage comes from this God, and not from Christ at all. If it were so important, do you think Christ would have negelceted to teach it? Or more yet, that he would have remained single and pure instead of marrying the many women who loved him?

That's because He was beyond the physical and the carnal, and he encouraged us to do so, if we were able. So when a man comes along able to do so, I think people should recognize this and understand that his way is more like Jesus' than theirs.

But there is more to this story, and I will perhaps address it later.

Ark

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
(duplicate post deleted)

[Edited on 27-7-2004 by Arkaleus]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
no way...there are other Mormons here? Welcome, and I was feeling so alone on the ATS board...

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Okay, so I read the posts in here. I would like to say that I have found a very nice young lady. She doesn't go around throwing her voice where it isn't needed. In fact, she probably should speak up a tad bit more.

Personally, I would love to sit at home and play video games once I graduate from college and not have to worry about working. In my honest opinion, that would be fine with me not having to work. However, I know that I will be working and making a living for my family. The biggest problem that I'm having is trying to let this girl move to Utah so she can transfer to BYU-Provo while I'm over here in Northeast Tennessee.

As far as this world is concerned. Yes, this world IS that bad. Perhaps not to the point where our Heavenly Father destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, but we are seemingly headed in that direction. There are people in the world that are basically good people. One would hope (as a Mormon) that a large part of these people would belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. However, in all probability, the majority of the good people in this world are of different religions (taking the number of LDS members and comparing with the total number of people in the world).

As in all cases, there are people in every walk of life that are not living up to the principles of the Gospel. Some of these people include LDS members, which mean that those people are not living by the doctrine of the LDS Church. This world has a long way to go to get back to the way that our Heavenly Father had intended. I would have to say that we are headed in the negative direction as a communal whole on this planet that we call Earth.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The world is filled with wonder and beauty. The processes of life are still as they were from the beginning. There is bountiful rain, and plentiful harvest, and the world is alive and vibrant.

It is the right of the people who have chosen good to condemn evil and destroy it. It is not forbidden them to do so. If all the do is speak out and condemn it with their words and writings, then so be it.

Christ hated evil. He hated those who were evil, deceptive, and cruel. He was not violent, nor schemeing, or otherwise, but he never minced His words when he spoke of them. He was not timid or fearful of his popularity. He didn't care for the system of money, or politics, or anything else we have seemingly surrendered to.

Love as Christ loved, and hate as Christ hated. Then you will become a perfect people.

Arky

top topics

<<   2 >>

join