It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Agent Attempted to Kill Boss, 2 Armed Standoffs With Police, Domestic Violence = 2 Years in Pris

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Former Dallas FBI agent gets two years in prison for plan to kill boss

Former FBI agent Carlos Ortiz Jr. was sentenced Friday to two years in prison for attempting to purchase a .50-caliber rifle that he planned to use to assassinate the head of the Dallas field office.

Casey suspended Ortiz without pay in May after Ortiz's wife, an analyst in the Dallas FBI office, accused him of domestic violence.

In the year leading up to his arrest, Ortiz's life unraveled. He declared bankruptcy, filed for divorce, doubled up on his anti-anxiety drug prescription and applied for food stamps. He also began hoarding weapons.

Casey summoned Ortiz to the Dallas FBI office Aug. 25 and fired him. Agents then took Ortiz into custody.

On Aug. 19 and 20, Ortiz made several phone calls to a friend, a former law enforcement officer and licensed firearms dealer, authorities said. In those calls, he made threats against his wife and Casey and said he was looking for a .50-caliber rifle, capable of shooting up to a mile.

Okay, with just the information above, this situation looked like it was going to turn out badly. Bankruptcy plus divorce plus doubled up drugs.......

Is the above this guys first troubles?

Ortiz has had troubles with the law before, including armed standoffs with local police in 1992 and again in 2004.

No charges were filed in either case, and he returned to duty as an FBI agent, even though after the first standoff incident then-Dallas FBI boss Oliver "Buck" Revell recommended he be terminated.

So let me get this straight, this guy has 2 ARMED standoffs with police, and gets to return to duty......Okay, now, what would happen if a teacher/cook/mechanic/ or any non-law enforcment individual did the same thing? Would that individual not be in prison for life?

2 armed standoffs, planned assasination of a law enforcement officer, accusations of domestic violence, and threats to murder his wife......Thats only worth 2 years in prison......

Seriously?

Do I need to say anything else? I mean is this really happening? 2 years?

You have got to be kidding me........

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If he's not in solitary it'll be a long 2 years for him. A fed in prison? They'll have a field day with him

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sentences are crazy disproportionate to their crimes.

I think the minimum for having a stolen firearm or being an excon with a firearm is like 5 or 10 years. You dont even have to threaten anyone or hurt anyone or commit any real crime at all. Just be in possession and a decade of your life is gone.

It blows my mind that something without any victim whatsoever like a possession crime or a drug related crime or even a thought crime like "conspiracy to ..." can land you in more trouble than multiple armed police standoffs.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
and what so bad is that "HE" is about the best they have now days....

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

That is something Ive been thinking about to.

If this guy was still able to be an FBI agent after 2 armed standoffs with police, NO charges filed, I wonder how many others are still in the FBIs ranks?

Why should I trust the FBI if they have people like this?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I did some searching and also found this.

FBI Agent Arrested In Crash That Killed Md. Teen

BRANDYWINE, Md. (AP) — An FBI agent suspected of drunken driving and a fatal car crash in Brandywine has been arrested in Prince George’s County.

Investigators have not charged the 37-year-old FBI agent. The State’s Attorney’s Office will determine whether to press charges.

Great. They're still determining if they should press charges......sitting around and thinking about it.....and this is where our tax dollars go to......

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Heres another story. Its from 2007 so its a bit old

FBI agent found masturbating on UA campus, police say

An FBI agent faces sex-offense charges after a cleaning woman claimed she found him May 3 masturbating in a women’s lavatory on campus, a University of Arizona police spokesman said.

Ryan Seese, 33, was cited on suspicion of three misdemeanors, public sexual indecency, criminal trespassing and indecent exposure, Sgt. Eugene V. Mejia said, adding Seese was released to an FBI supervisor.

edit on 25-3-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I just came from reading a thread where a rich guy basically got off with a slap on the wrist for child sex abuse.

Its sad, but its true, there are really two sets of how laws are enforced and punishment doled out. One really harsh set for the average person and a really mild set for law enforcement and the rich.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
this is pathetic...in this police state, you are either a member of the fascist good ole boys' network, or you only exist to be taxed into poverty and terrorized by the fascist enforcers...

join