It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Reality really all there is or do we make our own reality??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hey everyone, just want to throw a few thoughts out there and see what all of you most respected ATS'ers think.

Ever since I can remember, I have be INTENSELY interested and even fascinated by anything strange or paranormal including mosters, ufo's, esp, ghosts, aliens: well you get the point. I really don't know why I am so interested in these topics as I have never even once really had any paranormal experiences or had any visions or sightings of any of these things. Now, is it because I'm just so closed minded and conventional in my thinking that I can't allow myself to see or experience anything out of the ordinary? If this scenario were true it might be that I have actually experienced something but then dismissed it out of hand as impossible.

Take this example of creating our own reality:

Cars on the road today. We have probably all experienced this:. We don't really notice a specific model or make of car until we get one and then we see them everywhere, everyday. I drive a Montero Sport suv and don't ever remember 'noticing' one until I began driving it and now I 'see' them everyday. Hmmm. Why do I see them now but not before?

Could this be the reason why some people see so much and have so many experiences of a paranormal nature? Does have one experience sort of open one up to then noticing more experiences? On the flip side, if I never have one does it mean that I will never experience anything?

Open to all thoughts or suggestions and thanks so much for reading my ramblings:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It's one of those things we're always questioning about, like what is the entire purpose of life, I think in the end we all make our own purposes, if there a greater overall plan out there or not, who knows, I'm not sure if I believe in destiny nowadays by seeing all of the messed up stuff happening in the world lol

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I'm not sure if I believe in destiny nowadays by seeing all of the messed up stuff happening in the world lol

Luke, It IS your destiny.

Seriously though, I have to agree with you on destiny. I just don't see how there can be such a thing with so many people having free will to do as they please whenever they please. Of course those who believe in destiny might say that there is no free will.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
We control the universe.

In fact, I do.

You are very welcome.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AidanK

Everything that can be imagined exists as possible timelines that can be experienced. I truly believe the future can be manifested to what a person believes.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AidanK

Hi AidanK.

Good questions you ask, up there. . . B-)

You don't see the world as it IS,
but how YOU are.

Take a look at the first link/line of my signature. You will understand.

Blue skies.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN
reply to post by AidanK

Hi AidanK.

Good questions you ask, up there. . . B-)

You don't see the world as it IS,
but how YOU are.

Take a look at the first link/line of my signature. You will understand.

Blue skies.

Hey, thanks! I'll check it out. It's always nice to have some new reading material for the upcoming weekend!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
As I explained on a few other threads, I believe in philosophical idealism, that the world of matter is essentially a figment of the mind. Not just your or my individual mind, but of what I believe to the the collective "Supermind", the sum total consciousness of everything that has or will ever live, and of which you and I are only two very small, yet infinitely eternal manifestations. This is what I think of when I think of God.

In my belief, we don't just make or control our reality, we ARE reality. The universe/multiverse is only a manifestation of our collective imagination, made of ourselves and existing only within ourselves.

At least that's what I've come to believe. I would never be so arrogant to assume that my view cannot be wrong, because life is an education and i'm still learning.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AidanK

Why don’t you consider that there are multiple destinies and we have the free will to navigate different destinies. It's like travelling, there are many routes one can take that leave to different destinations. I find that we often close our mind to these possibilities and because of this don’t take the appropriate steps to get ourselves on the right train.
The phrase to remember is “will you change it”.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
making and believing in your own reality, in truth makes you delusional, in the real reality...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

top topics

join