It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Napolitano - Julian Assange is a Hero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
A group of Wikileaks supporters recently put up a billboard in downtown LA advocating for Julian Assange of Wikileaks with the slogan "Giving us the Truth when everyone refuses to" and that's exactly what WikiLeaks has done.

"Julian Assange is a Hero. But, Governments across the Globe are treating him like a villain because he is exposing the shameful truth of what governments do behind close doors. His supporters want people to know the truth and are hoping to put up a bill board like this in Chicago as well" says Judge Napolitano.

More here

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I used to like the judge, until I realized he is more than likely a plant. If he was really for the people, he would be exposing the legal system for the sham it is. Unfortunately he don't do much but complain on his TV show

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pha3drus

I can't help but think that the recent wiki leaks have something to do with all of the instability we are currently seeing unfold around the world. I was only able to read the cables for the first 2 days before they were blocked. Yet It only took a couple hours of reading to realize the fallout that would incur.
I'm unsure if hero is the proper term for Asange, but I do appreciate the message that he made. .

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Julian Assange is either incredibly stupid or carries his Brass Band around in a freaking wheel barrel. He must have some incredibly sensitive classified information in his possession for him not to have accidentally fallen out of any large buildings yet. Also have to give that kid Bradley Manning a whole heck of a lot of credit. I understand he was a pretty lost kid and probably did not do what he did out of patriotism or a desire for transparency BUT he had to have known the penalty and consequences for his actions. I would have thought that his actions would be considered treason and his penalty would be death for releasing that amount and magnitude of information (IF he is found guilty).

C-Tech Astronomy. Way way WAY WAY too many freaking secrets. You know when 850,000 people have Top Secret Clearance the problem lies not with the amount of people, but with the amount of secrecy.

I do not even feel like a citizen of the United States sometimes, just a random tax figure that needs to shut up, color, stop rocking the boat and making waves. You will be told what we feel like telling you, any attempt to gain further information will be met with imprisonment. Knowledge has become illegal.

Too many Secrets.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealTruth84

I'm unsure if hero is the proper term for Asange, but I do appreciate the message that he made. .

The truth hurts pal...that's why people would rather keep it locked away.
If the truth brings chaos and disorder, so be it. The alternative is blissful ignorance.
You would rather go without the truth just to remain in your peaceful lifestyle?
And you would label those releasing the truth as terrorists due to the damage inflicted?

What people don't realize is how much better of the world would be if these lies had
of been exposed a long time ago. We need the truth more than anything else.
That's the only way we'll move into a better world of equality and abundance.
The worste nightmare of any elite. Get ready you scum, change is on the way.

edit on 24-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

What if the wikileaks releases, is not the whole truth though? What if the releases are only what we are supposed to hear and nothing more?

edit on Thu, 24 Mar 2011 22:00:14 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

What if the wikileaks releases, is not the whole truth though? What if the releases are only what we are supposed to hear and nothing more?
Than they would be no different from mainstream media. But Wikileaks is clearly different, they are releasing information that wasn't intended to be released to the public, information we wouldn't have gotten otherwise. They may be releasing specific parts of that information, but they're still releasing information that is clearly upsetting the elites. For that reason I believe wikileaks is exactly what it claims to be.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant "they would be no different". Now corrected.

edit on 24-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by WhizPhiz

edit on Thu, 24 Mar 2011 22:00:14 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

It seems kinda stupid. The Govt has done everything it can to discredit Wikileaks - from blocking their payments via PayPal and BOFA to slapping frivolous charges against Assange. But, the public support for Wikileaks has only been growing.

top topics

join