It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Escape from the Zombie Food Court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I came across this and thought I would post it. Some of the things mentioned here I believe many people can relate to, especially now considering that we are experiencing the pitfalls of exponential growth, peak oil (or energy crisis) and environmental distress. Personally I think that our whole mentally on sustainability needs to be addressed honestly and hastily in order for the inevitable transition from an infinite growth model to a sustainable model (not just talking green technology here) to happen as smoothly as possible. Problems such as over population (with regards to finite resources) and material/consumer based frame of thinking will not and cannot continue if we plan on staying on this earth much longer. The sooner we admit this to ourselves and quicker we can change our direction and hopefully stop the end result which is at best de-evolution (technologically; stone age here we come) or at worse possible extinction.

www.joebageant.com...

As psych students, most of you understand that there is no way you can escape being conditioned by your society, one way or another. You are as conditioned as any trained chicken in a carnival. So am I. When we go to the ATM machine and punch the buttons to make cash fall out, we are doing the same thing as the chickens that peck the colored buttons make corn drop from the feeder. You will not do a single thing today, tomorrow or the next day that you have not been generally indoctrinated and deeply conditioned to do -- mostly along class lines.

For instance, as university students, you are among the 20% or so of Americans indoctrinated and conditioned to be the administrating and operating class of the American Empire in some form or another. In the business of managing the other 75% in innumerable ways. Psychologists, teachers, lawyers, social workers, doctors, accountants, sociologists, mental health workers, clergy -- all are in the business of coordinating and managing the greater mass of working class citizenry by the Empire's approved methods, and toward the same end: Maximum profitability for a corporate based state.

Yet it all seems so normal. Certainly the psychologists who have prescribed so much Prozac that it now shows up in the piss of penguins, saw what they did as necessary. And the doctors who enable the profitable blackmail practiced by the medical industries see it all as part of the most technologically advanced medical system in the world. And the teacher, who sees no problem with 20% of her fourth graders being on Ritalin, in the name of "appropriate behavior," is happy to have control of her classroom. None of these feel like dupes or pawns of a corporate state. It seems like just the way things are. Just modern American reality. Which is a corporate generated reality.

It's a long opinion piece but I believe it's worth reading. Hopefully I posted this in the right forum.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: I'm a mess sometimes

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Canadian government falls, election set for May

(Reuters) - Angry opposition parties brought down Canada's Conservative government on Friday, setting the scene for an early May election that polls indicate the Conservatives will win. Opposition legislators threw papers in the air in glee after voting 156-145 in the House of Commons to defeat the minority government, which they say is tainted by sleaze, has mismanaged the economy and is overly secretive.

www.reuters.com...

False Flag promoted by Indiana prosecuter

An Indiana prosecutor and Republican activist has resigned after emails show he suggested Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker stage a fake attack on himself to discredit unions protesting his budget repair bill.

The Republican governor signed a bill on March 11 that eliminates most union rights for public employees. In an email from February 19, Indiana deputy prosecutor Carlos F. Lam told Walker the situation presented "a good opportunity for what’s called a ‘false flag’ operation." The Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism discovered the email among tens of thousands released to the public last week following a lawsuit by the Isthmus and the Associated Press.

www.rawstory.com...

Crazy things happening right now in a world gone mad.

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 25-3-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

join