It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUB-Urban Renewal - An explanation for the "Rumbling Noise?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It seems back in 2003, the technology to bore tunnels underground took a quantum leap forward. The article linked below talks about using it to build entire underground cities, and not just tunnels or shelters. Is the government using this technology in an attempt to provide shelter from future calamities? I don't claim to have any special knowledge in this regard, I'm simply putting this out there for your consideration.

www.wired.com...

Revelation 6:16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!

I have to laugh at the folly of these people. You can't hide from God.

ETA: I wonder if some of the TW0 POINT THREE TRILLION dollars that disappeared from the Pentagon's books on 9/11 ended up in this project?

edit on 3/24/2011 by OldCorp because: Added Video

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Possibility, but the sound would be going all day, or at least a portion of the day as the sound of drilling wouldn't be for 20-25 minutes. Good theory, and I wish it was true. We would at least have a refuge for when the waters flood us all on the coast or the sun burns the crust.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I have thought of this before while hearing these rumbling sounds. Though they appear to be coming from the sky, i sometimes assumed it was just an echo from the ground. Sometimes the way the sound appears, such as a swoosh-swoosh-swoosh and then just rumbles. Sometimes the sound is just a mild faint motor sound which usually occurs past midnight and lasts until 5-6 am. It sounds like heavy traffic if i lived next to a highway. Thanks for posting this.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
you think someone is tunneling under florida? you do know were at sea level right? lol

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The wife heard one of these rumbles on Tuesday night here in Ontario, she said it lasted about 10 minutes.We had a little quake here last week so I am guessing that the world is still ringing from the Japan quake. It is possible that the fluids underground are re-settling and that may be what is causing all the rumbling sounds. I have thought about all the underground tunneling and am pretty sure that it is happening around my area. I have heard that the elite, TPTB,illuminati...etc are trying to save themselves by digging thier own graves, dosent matter though as they will still have to answer for their deeds in the end.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
you think someone is tunneling under florida? you do know were at sea level right? lol

Yes you are. In fact, I used to live in Palm Beach, so I am very familiar with that fact. I am also familiar with the fact that Florida sits on a limestone base. While it is certainly unfeasible to dig a basement in Florida, drilling a tunnel 150-200 feet down or more would not pose this problem. While limestone is relatively porous, I would think that it is not beyond reasonable speculation that the government also has the technology to keep the tunnel dry.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

Funny you should mention the whoosh sound.I wish I would have documented the night that it happened but about a month to two months ago I was awakened by a loud whoosh sound that seemed to shake the house, I am a pretty heavy sleeper but it defenitely woke both my wife and myself up. With all the crazy crap going on around the world today anything is possible.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Or "they" travel along those tunnels in special constructed submarines.

Why pump if you have trillions to spent

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerramjett
The wife heard one of these rumbles on Tuesday night here in Ontario, she said it lasted about 10 minutes.We had a little quake here last week so I am guessing that the world is still ringing from the Japan quake. It is possible that the fluids underground are re-settling and that may be what is causing all the rumbling sounds. I have thought about all the underground tunneling and am pretty sure that it is happening around my area. I have heard that the elite, TPTB,illuminati...etc are trying to save themselves by digging thier own graves, dosent matter though as they will still have to answer for their deeds in the end.

From the article:

Some cities have already started to expand underground. Both Toronto and Montreal have extensive downtown retail complexes below the surface. "It keeps Montreal's core dense and lively," says Jacques Besner, a city spokesperson, "which can be a challenge in a climate like ours."

That was stated 9 years ago. They are in fact tunneling my dear northern neighbor. Whether or not it is the source of the noise your wife heard is unknown (to me.)

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I know this is off-topic, but since it's my thread...

Under our avatars (mine is quite sexy don't you think?
) are several notations about the user. I know what "P," "S," and "F" stand for, but what to "W" and "K" mean?

Anyone?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Also, I found this page QUITE interesting.

It hasn't received any new reports for several months, but SOMEONE has been keeping track of these "SKY QUAKES" for quite a while. www.shadowresearch.com...
edit on 3/24/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Under our avatars (mine is quite sexy don't you think?
) are several notations about the user. I know what "P," "S," and "F" stand for, but what to "W" and "K" mean?

They're a calculation that puts stars, flags and other statistics into a formula that is (I think) intended to quantify the quality of the posts and threads you make.

Back on topic, I came here after adding you as a friend, and seeing "Rumbling Noise" in your list of recent threads reminded me of an experience earlier this week (or maybe it was last.)

I went out to walk the dog at about 6:30AM, and there was this incredible rumbling noise that I'd never heard before, it really sounded like an earthquake or tornado. But there are no earthquakes in North Dakota, and few tornadoes when it's 30 degrees out in March. But it was very disconcerting because it just kept going and going.

After a couple of minutes, though, I heard a train whistle and realized that I was somehow hearing, very loudly, a train moving, though the nearest tracks are a good three miles away, and that's in the city -- to be moving fast enough to make all that noise, it would have to be outside of town, and that's a good 5-7 miles away.

I can occasionally hear train whistles near my house, but not very loud, so whatever the conditions were that morning were amplifying the sound from the train, significantly -- which, I assume, can be accounted for by the state of the weather that day.

It stopped after about five minutes, but it was very strange and, until I heard the whistle, somewhat alarming, given the earthquake in Japan and speculation about the Yellowstone caldera.
edit on 24-3-2011 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
I went out to walk the dog at about 6:30AM, and there was this incredible rumbling noise that I'd never heard before, it really sounded like an earthquake or tornado. But there are no earthquakes in North Dakota, and few tornadoes when it's 30 degrees out in March. But it was very disconcerting because it just kept going and going.

After a couple of minutes, though, I heard a train whistle and realized that I was somehow hearing, very loudly, a train moving, though the nearest tracks are a good three miles away, and that's in the city -- to be moving fast enough to make all that noise, it would have to be outside of town, and that's a good 5-7 miles away.

I can occasionally hear train whistles near my house, but not very loud, so whatever the conditions were that morning were amplifying the sound from the train, significantly -- which, I assume, can be accounted for by the state of the weather that day.

It stopped after about five minutes, but it was very strange and, until I heard the whistle, somewhat alarming, given the earthquake in Japan and speculation about the Yellowstone caldera.
edit on 24-3-2011 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

That could be an example of the "ducting" phenomenon the National Weather Service has been blaming these rumblings on. I have no doubt that it is a verifiable phenomenon, but I don't think that it accounts for all of the instances of people hearing the sound.

Cute puppy btw.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
That could be an example of the "ducting" phenomenon the National Weather Service has been blaming these rumblings on. I have no doubt that it is a verifiable phenomenon, but I don't think that it accounts for all of the instances of people hearing the sound.

Very strange, I had no idea that this stuff was going on. After doing some digging, I found the main thread here on ATS and this video:

That sound is EXACTLY what I heard that morning, along with the occasional train whistle, leading me to believe that either these guys are recording a train under similar circumstances, or the train whistle was just a coincidence for me and the sound was something else entirely.

Cute puppy btw.

Thanks, he's the light of my life these days

new topics

top topics

join