It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyclops Baby Born in India! (Just when you think you seen it all!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

A baby boy with one eye in the center of his forehead and no nose was born in India last week. He survived only one day. Doctors were shocked when they delivered the infant by cesarean section from the 34-year-old mother, Veena Chavan. Dr. Ashok Anand, professor of gynecology at the hospital, told reporters, "The child must have possibly suffered from cyclopia."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a230072ce017.jpg[/atsimg]

A sonogram during Chavan's 32nd week of pregnancy revealed the baby was hydrocephalic, meaning water was accumulating on his brain. According to the doctor's report, medical staff wanted to perform an intrauterine shunting procedure but could not because of the advanced stage of her term.

Surprisingly, this form of cyclopia occurs in roughly one in 250 embryos and is a rare form of holoprosencephaly, which affects how the front of the brain is formed during fetal development. With cyclopia, the eyes and nose don't form properly. Such fetuses are often lost early in the pregnancy. Thus, despite the higher-than-expected odds, it's rarely seen. The cause is often the result of a genetic mutation, though alcoholic and diabetic mothers are at greater risk of carrying a cyclopic child.

Source: www.aolnews.com...

I never believed in Cyclops. I guess there could have been one or more back in the biblical times days!

Dam..... I still can't believe it-after staring at the pic for sometime. Poor thing.

I don't think life would be easy for such a person. Not on their own anyway. The Public just wouldn't be able to cope with it-I think.

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
India is one of the most accepting cultures for deformities, they believe they are Gods reincarnated. If I was to have a deformity I would want to be born in India, where I can be worshiped as a goddess and not looked at in disgust like a freak of nature in the US.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by greenfox83

Show me some proof of what you are indicating. Please.

Wanting to be born in India, over the USA? Hmmmm.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenfox83
India is one of the most accepting cultures for deformities, they believe they are Gods reincarnated. If I was to have a deformity I would want to be born in India, where I can be worshiped as a goddess and not looked at in disgust like a freak of nature in the US.

The grass always seems greener on the opposite side
Trust me.

You do not want to be born in India if you're deformed.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

You do not want to be born in India if you're deformed.

That's what I'm saying! Got any stories etc to go along with your advice? I'm interested!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Lakshmi Tatma,born with 4 arms 4 legs was revered by some in her village to be a reincarnation if Vishnu,a Hindu goddess.Although the condition was contributed to conjoined twin myslexia if im not mistaken her goddess stature helped raise the money to fix her.

That still doesn't mean it is good for deformed people in India.Its not. Just google "frog baby" and you will see.

edit on 24-3-2011 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Unfortunately, this is more common than you think. Here's a google image link: These images may disturb some people so view with caution.

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&prmd=ivnsb&source=lnms&tbs=isch:1&ei=KYiLTdrtIeaZ0 QGC1vWNDg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CAwQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=760

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Just like the girl with 8 limbs or the baby born with two faces. India has an extremely high rate of birth defects, here is some more information on it. www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 24/3/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Here's the interesting thing about all of the Indian deformities:

First of all, does this happen like that anywhere else in the world and with that frequency?

I ask because (going fringe here for a minute) I've seem some posts here on ATS talking about something called the Mahatabara or something like that - it's ancient stories or something. It infers some kind of nuclear war that happened thousands of years ago. I have to look into that.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Here's the interesting thing about all of the Indian deformities:

First of all, does this happen like that anywhere else in the world and with that frequency?

I ask because (going fringe here for a minute) I've seem some posts here on ATS talking about something called the Mahatabara or something like that - it's ancient stories or something. It infers some kind of nuclear war that happened thousands of years ago. I have to look into that.

en.wikipedia.org...

Mahabharata

www.sacred-texts.com...

Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana hurled a single projectile Charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame As bright as the thousand suns Rose in all its splendour... a perpendicular explosion with its billowing smoke clouds... ...the cloud of smoke rising after its first explosion formed into expanding round circles like the opening of giant parasols... ..it was an unknown weapon, An iron thunderbolt, A gigantic messenger of death, Which reduced to ashes The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. ...The corpses were so burned As to be unrecognizable. The hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause, And the birds turned white. After a few hours All foodstuffs were infected... ...to escape from this fire The soldiers threw themselves in streams To wash themselves and their equipment

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

India has the highest amount of birth defects in the world.Studies have contributed it to high incest rates and low prenatal health care.Depleted uranium seems to be a cause too.

This subject saddens me I wrote a paper on it in 1999.Bad morals were my ultimate conclusion of the phenomena.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Can someone verify that it isnt a doctored photo? I dont see a nose either.
Depth perception will be bad if true and I pity the child for all of the stares he/she will receive.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I can unfortanetly assure you its real.Cyclopia is more common than most think.

I cant bear to post links.Wikipedia has all you need to know about it.

top topics

join