It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan plane shot down by French fighter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
www.globalresearch.ca...

According to this source, Libya has downed three French jets (probably Rafales) and the coalition has already bombed hospitals.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

that source even footnotes its sources - the footnote for the shooting down of French Jets (and almost everything else in the article) is:

Sources from within Libya.

Oh yeah.......that's gotta be "the truth"!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

That article does not appear to be a very credible one. It's source for it's claims that hospitals and other civilian structures have been hit are "Sources from within Libya." What sources? It doesn't provide details. That's not enough information to be considered credible.

Also, it's source that French military jets have been shot down are "unconfirmed internal Libyan sources." Again, not good enough.

That article also uses an Edmonton Journal quote of Prime Minister Stephen Harper to back up it's assertion that civilians are being targeted and killed. Harper was simply pointing out the obvious that in any military engagement, the risk of civilian and military personnel deaths is there. In no way does that prove civilians are being targeted or have been targeted, nor does it prove French military jets have been shot down. It's just a fact of war that no one likes to talk about.

Just so there's no argument here, I am attacking the article, not you. It's more of an opinion piece than anything else. Until the information in that article can be confirmed by someone other than Libyan state media, there's a good chance it is propaganda.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
www.globalresearch.ca...

According to this source, Libya has downed three French jets (probably Rafales) and the coalition has already bombed hospitals.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

Of course they did?
Did you not see the Libyan TV reports at the time? They claimed three aircraft shot down. One French and two Qatari. The only problem with that was that Qatar had not even deployed their Mirage 2000s at that point. That type of propaganda is great for internal public consumption. It fires up the people in time of conflict and especially in regards to (in their eyes) traitor Arab countries sending planes to fly in their skies. The same thing happened back in 1999 with the Yugoslav Ministry of Information in regards to NATO aircraft. In the first few days they had shot down Luftwaffe F-4 Phantoms with the pilots taken prisoner of war. In fact no F-4 Phantoms were taking part in the conflict.

TJ
edit on 24-3-2011 by tommyjo because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I said according to the source; I did not say it was fact and it probably is propaganda. And so is everything the Western coalition has been saying.

In fact, everything I've seen the West say, even weeks ago, has been lies, aside from the Canadian military brass that stated that implimenting a "no-fly zone" would not be as simple as the media claims and would involve a lot of conflict and resources to enforce.

And saying that they are Libyan sources means that they are liars is pretty ignorant if you ask me. Its the same story with people who refuse to believe anything out of the Iranian media. Like really, if we can't accept news coming out of a country about their own affairs, then who the hell are we supposed to trust? The nations bent on bombing and invading them?

Frankly I think most news from developed, stable countries is BS. I would rather trust people that have a boot stomping their head in to tell the truth, as opposed to people who are safe and able to organize their stories to their advantage.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join