It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opposition says they'll topple Canadian PM Friday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

TORONTO – Canada's three opposition parties said Wednesday they planned to topple the conservative government in a vote of no confidence in Parliament on Friday and trigger the country's fourth election in seven years.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper needs the support of at least one opposition party to stay in power, but all three rejected Harper's proposed budget after it was announced Tuesday.

The trigger that's expected to bring Harper down are allegations — supported Monday by a Parliamentary committee — that Harper has acted in contempt of Parliament by failing to disclose the full financial details of his tougher crime legislation, corporate tax cuts and plans to purchase stealth fighter jets.

Im not from Canada and I dont know as much about the politics up there as I do here in the US, but, atleast from what Ive been hearing, is that pretty much nobody likes this Harper guy. I dont know much about the opposition parties either.

The opposition is set to introduce a no-confidence vote on the contempt issue on Friday, which could trigger an election that would take place either May 2 or May 9.

"This government has lost the confidence of Canadians," Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff said.

Good luck Canadians!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Thanks bud but we are between a rock and a hard place here right now.
We dont really want to loose the sovriegnty of our borders and relenquish that responsibility to US authorities, but wed sure like to see our long guns back in the de registered status.
Harper will follow oblamas lead anywhere as it seems hes bought and paid for by the US cabal of conservatives (read republicans) but it is these same conservatives who wish to abolish the long gun registry thats cost us billions and really only hurt the law abiding gun owners.
All handguns and special collectors weeapons as well as other stuff remain registered restricted.
The paranoia up here oover gun ownership is phenominal.
Meantime, the other guys will go the other way and keep the whoite elephant at our expense.
And either way it seems the corruption and cronyism goes on and on anyways.......
Just a quick insight

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

But wait for the typical ATS reaction ........ A false flag will be created ........ The whole Libyan crises was orchestrated by Canada to take every bodies attention away from this issue with the PM ....... Blame it on the butler ..... sorry Chinese Lantern hahahahaha!
edit on 24-3-2011 by phatpackage because: XY

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
even the old folks are starting to sense Harper is an aipac controled UN bilderberger...
remember when he tried to lie about being an attendee, and the reporters got reciepts and pics of him at the meeting...where he was appointed

he is pushing for harmonization and eventually NAU..
and look at the EU...pigs etc

well, the peepes up here out side the cities are the real canada
and not so far from the land yet...

trouble is most people will vote the way the TV tells them to
and feel happy
even though it matters nought.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I for one see this potential election as a waste of taxpayer money. The 300 million dollars it will cost us would be better served to balance our budget. I think the opposition are pulling at straws to find election worthy arguments, and that the best they can hope for is a repeat of the status quo. (the polls seem to put the ruling conservatives way ahead.) In my opinion the opposition's attack on the F35 purchase and on ethics is all a smoke screen.

Remember how they (the Liberal government) canceled the helicopter deal that ended up costing us taxpayers 500 million dollars, then the sponsorship scandal that cost us a whole lot more.

I think the Canadian taxpayer is a lot smarter than they were back then. I think they can now see the perils of following a spend and tax philosophy of the opposition parties. I think that most Canadians realize that the current deficit was pushed forward by opposition parties insisting on a major spending spree when the world financial troubles hit. And that it's because of the Conservative fiscal policies that Canada is considered to be one of the best and most financially stable countries in the world today.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Canada like any other bordered corporate entity is about two things; the ruling class maintaining the status quo and keeping everyone distracted so they can. Harper is nothing more than meat puppet, most of the time you can even see the strings and connections. The we have Flaherty, whoa, I know that guy and of him and he's a cousin of a friend of mine, so I get the stories. I am just waiting patiently for the next mega-huge scandal which I am sure will involve a few billion this time. "Hmmmm, not under here" like the missing money from the HRSDC scandal.

Harper and his corporate scumbags need to go, but there's nothing any better or worse to put in its place. All the politicians are controlled by the Bank of Canada/IMF/MIC at least once they are in office, so we (collectively worldwide) get the same crap no matter what the outcome of any election. If you actually make it into politics and try and change the system by trying to install a social credit system and removal of the local reserve bank, the PTB try to discredit you and if that doesn't work, they kill you. Remember JFK an EO 11101?

There really needs to be a well co-ordinated world wide revolution to oust these people.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Watching him in parliament is a horrendous experience. He and his party behave in the opposite way from the way I raised my children. I sure do not appreciate that he`s spent 25 million of our tax dollars on attack ads in an obvious pre-election campaign. They are despicable ads.

At first everyone said he was a smart strategist, etc, but I now think he's become a master deceiver.

new topics

top topics

join