It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you started?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'm curious to hear who in the United States or Canada has begun kelp or iodide supplementation? When you began? Where are you generally located? And how much you are dosing?

Thanks in advance for sharing...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'm in New Brunswick and I've been eating dulse almost daily as a precaution. Its good to have iodine in your body at all times anyway and I've been eating the stuff for years... just not daily until last week. My father just flew to BC for the week and I was anxious about it, so I made sure I gave him a bag of dulse before he left.

There are other foods/chemicals to consider that can interfere with iodine intake. I made a thread about it here:

Foods that Suppress Iodine Uptake - Goitrogens

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

Thanks for the link.

Do you happen to have a good source for kelp dosing?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I used to love dulce as a child but these days I never really eat it anymore, was gonna ask why its apperently so good to eat, then I remembered that I was on the internet and could easily Google "health benefits of dulce"

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

One of the local organic/whole foods stores in town is where I get my dulse, although you can buy it at the chain stores in NB as well. The store I go to also sells kelp tablets and liquid iodine.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The Iodide/Iodine is a short term solution to a much longer lingering problem.....your not as safe as you think you are as the bennies from taking it are very short term and only deal with one intial type of radiation that primarily effects the thyroid gland not much else.

So in a prolonged exposure.......we're all doinked with or without it.....Check it out.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Im playing the devils advicate, and I will be yelled at, but I dont care.

Why does it matter if we are or aren't prepared?

Why are ATS members so willing to give out info like this to other "members who are concerned"? Why has the internet made us so trusting? Who cares how prepared you are, other then the people who don't want you to be prepared?

I know I am paranoid, and I am willing to face the web consequences for being so. Sorry for being cautious.

But really people, think about it..... If your not willing to do it in real life, don't do it on the net!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by osirys

To be clear, I have made no decisions yet. I'm still educating myself. It hurts little to compare multiple resources.
edit on 23-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Castogere

Right you are, however, one of the first ejecta from the plant(s) was radioactive iodine which can be absorbed easily into the thyroid thanks our iodine deprived industrial food system, hence, why I've been eating dulse. Not saying that any substantial amount has reached us, at least for now, but keeping a base level of iodine in one's system from natural foods is a good guard against damaging the organ most sensitive to radioactive iodine. In terms of other radiation, good luck... without some of these puppies:

Ex-Rad

But I doubt we'll have to worry about that much rads...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Castogere

I do understaund this. But the one verifyiable risk, as establised by the science after Chernobyl, is to the thyroid health of children. I have a small child and believe it is my responsibility to understand all of the risks of action or inaction.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by osirys

Nothing wrong with helpin' a brotha out.

I've found lots of useful info on the internet and have made decisions based on information gleaned from it. If I can't gain information from scientific journals that are accessible via the web... then what hope is there of gaining knowledge at all? I'm not trying to downplay hands-on experience or a professor's lecture... but they are exactly the kind of people writing peer-reviewed journal articles that can be found on the internet.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by osirys
Im playing the devils advicate, and I will be yelled at, but I dont care.

Why does it matter if we are or aren't prepared?

Why are ATS members so willing to give out info like this to other "members who are concerned"? Why has the internet made us so trusting? Who cares how prepared you are, other then the people who don't want you to be prepared?

I know I am paranoid, and I am willing to face the web consequences for being so. Sorry for being cautious.

But really people, think about it..... If your not willing to do it in real life, don't do it on the net!

It only matters to you regarding your level of preparation. If you choose not to be prepared, that is your choice. While I'm not popping iodine, I do have NBC (Nuclear/Biological/Chemical) masks with enough filters to last for quite some time...that was MY choice to do so. I don't denigrate anyone for the choices they make.

That being said, should someone find themselves unprepared and want to prepare themselves at the last minute by taking my preparations? They will need to protect themselves from lead poisoning.

top topics

join