It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the record: EPA data from Raleigh, NC---BEFORE the website switch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Got a reply from the EPA! They were very nice. Here's the info on Raleigh:

The beta detector on the Raleigh fixed monitor is experiencing technical difficulties, which has resulted in erroneous data being reported. The gamma monitor is still reporting accurate data. Gamma data helps scientists determine the type of radioactive material present in the air. As is true with all of our fixed RadNet monitors nationwide, the Raleigh monitor shows typical fluctuations in background radiation levels. The levels detected are far below levels of concern. Until the issue is resolved, we have suspended posting of the beta data to avoid confusion.

I've seen discussions of the Raleigh problems on web-based bulletin boards over the past few days. Aside from using the gamma graph, the recommendation I've seen there is what I'd recommend to you: please use the beta gross count graphs for stations around Raleigh.

All of our data are public. Please feel free to share.

He also said the original query and map links for the CDX node are still available without registration----but I informed him they're redirecting. Anyone without registration access still able to get to them?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Here is the web address that I have been able to access without registering:

cdxnode64.epa.gov...

Good Luck

<< 1   >>

join