It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sth Gippsland wilsons prom flood - Iceblue report for you.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is taking place right now,we have had massive rain fall and it is causing havoc.

Flights resume to evacuate stranded campers
www.abc.net.au...

Fish creek and foster townships have had flash flooding in the last 48hrs with residents getting their wake up call by water lapping at their beds.Fish creek residents hit hardest with the local creek bursting its banks and flooding many homes for the first time ever long time residents report.
Today the water is receding but not gone and fears of more rain are plaguing residents and SES crews performing rescues at the prom with more landslides the greatest fear.
Fish creek is starting to look like a second hand junk yard with people disposing of household items ready for collection by council,TVs,washing machines,fridges etc.

Campers being evacuated are coming into fish creek and foster to wait out their time until they can return to the prom and get their belongings.

I work in fish creek and live in a town nearby,iam not effected personally,however the river out of town is just about to burst its banks on the high tide,stocked up today just in case.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Take some pictures.

Has this happened before?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm from geelong, it amazes me how we always miss the rain you Gipsland crews cop the LOT.

Australia's had enough flooding this year. Its rediculous.

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY, COME AGAIN ANOTHER DAY.......
edit on 23-3-2011 by uselesshobo because: rephrase

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

If my local river breaks its banks i will try get pics.
The local creek (fish creek) has not seen flooding like that on record, long time residents have never seen it flood to that proportion.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by uselesshobo

And it just started raining again.I live on the Tarwin river,it is tidal,drops and rises about 3ft.Its full now on the low tide,high tide should be interesting.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Well the road out of town is flooded over,via the prom rd is the only way out, east along the coast.Should recede as the tide drops tonight.
Many locals think this is just a taste of what is to come,prepare for big floods is the community sentiment.
Me and my dog got called to a local farm to move stock to higher ground as flood water inundated 3/4 of the dairy pasture.Bulls, heifers and milkers going to run out of grazing land real quick unless the water recedes but with more rain overnight and tomorrow not sure about that.
Stricken campers are filling local towns, the ones that lost everything have no cash etc have been taken to Melbourne.Others are waiting to see if their belongings still exist,cars,campervans etc.
Could be Easter before they re open Wilsons prom.

top topics

join