It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National security moms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Candidates ignore 'security moms,' at their peril.

I very good story by By Michelle Malkin of USA Today.

john

I am what this year's election pollsters call a "security mom." I'm married with two young children. I own a gun. And I vote.
Nothing matters more to me right now than the safety of my home and the survival of my homeland. I believe in the right to defend myself, and in America's right to defend itself against its enemies. I am a citizen of the United States, not the United Nations.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
From the article :-

We have educated our 4-year-old daughter about Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein. She knows that there are bad men in the world trying to kill Americans everywhere.

She has helped us decorate packages of books and bubblegum for our brave soldiers. And at night, we ask God to bless our troops as they risk their lives trying to kill the bad men before they kill us.

What on earth is she doing worrying a 4 year old about things like this? The poor kid is being told there's lots of bad people trying to kill her, and she's being taught to pray for the killing of other people before she goes to bed at night!!

What it that going to do the the poor kid psychologically? I was only just figuring out the concept of Santa Claus at that age!

Somebody please tell me this is not common practice, even amongst "security moms".

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Sounds a lot like what the muslems to little children-discusting. Ok, send gifts to people who are"protecting us so we will be safe" (my wording) is a sweet idea. granted, I am not a parent, but I think 4 is too young to be doing that kind of talk.

new topics

join