It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrailers - how to do it properly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist

Personally, I remember here in the Uk around a decade ago, the national news services were all reporting this new technology the US had developed to modify their weather by such means as creating artificial clouds and more.
The military were happy to talk about it openly back then, as a means to combat the depletion of the ozone by such means as spraying metal (can't recall which one - silver?) particles from special pods attached to commercial planes and so forth.

I think you're possibly getting confused with cloud seeding - which does not involve creating artificial clouds but does involve spraying silver iodide into storm clouds to induce precipitation. It's generally not thought to be very successful though.

And. it should be pointed out to 'OptimisticPessimist' that cloud seeding with silver iodide has been around for much longer than a decade -- people have been attempting to create rain using silver iodide since at least the 1950s. The overall goal behind most of this work in the 1950s was an attempt to prevent drought.

edit on 4/10/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
...When you have lived 55 years when you live in a rural area with no major airports and all of a sudden the weather starts getting warmer and warmer every year till our winters are almost snowless and our january temperatures went form haveing 20 days below zero down to minus 30, 40 below, to temps in the teens and thirties. Then all of a sudden we start seeing alot of planes everymoning spraing trails that go from horizon to horizon...

You don't need to live near a major airport to get contrail-producing planes overhead.

In fact, planes taking off from a local airport would not produce contrails over your head. Contrails are produced higher up in the atmosphere -- usually around 30,000 to 37,000 feet up (although they could be produced at 25,000 feet and above). The contrails you see over your head could be from planes originating at an airport 100 miles away, or even thousands of miles away.

I don't know where you live, but in the U.S., there are major air routes above almost the entire country -- even the rural areas.

I'm also not rebutting the fact that air traffic could be causing more clouds. In fact, it has been a known fact for decades that normal CONtrails produced by normal airline traffic are creating cloudier days. I grew up near a rural are in the 1970s and I remember the farm reports on TV lamenting the growth of the airline travel industry, because the farmers knew that the contrails can spread out into clouds (and farmers usually like sun).

So, yeah, I believe that today more than ever, there are more clouds being created by jets. However, these clouds created by contrails are NOT being produced for the sole purpose of creating cloudier days -- i.e., it is not an intentional plan. Cirrus clouds from contrails are an unfortunate side-effect of normal air travel -- and the proliferation and expansion of commercial airline travel in the world over the past several decades would of course have the effect of producing more contrails, hence more clouds.

Ignoring the idea that global temperatures seem to be increasing rather than (as you say) decreasing, lets stipulate for the sake of this post that your local temperatures actually ARE decreasing. Can you please give me some evidence that this is because of CHEMtrails?...

...Even if I admit that I believe that high-altitude fligt could cause excess cloud cover, and thus potentially lower local temperatures, can you please give me the evidence that these extra clouds and lower temperatures are because of CHEMtrails rather than CONtrails?

edit on 4/10/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
and I would like to add, before putting up some pic that you found on the internet as your ultimate "proof", do a little bit of research into the photo, rather than just posting it here blindly. It may be the first time you have seen the pic, but its probably been posted and explained, dozens of times. The chemtrail sites post very misleading captions to the photos

1. The pic of the water icing attachment on the boom of the KC-135. There is nothing sinister about this pic at all, but they sometimes have needed to test icing characteristics of a plane, so they can fly it behind, and the KC-135 will spray water out the boom and the test aircraft can get the wings iced up.

2. The E-6A submarine communications (TACAMO) fuel dumping photo. The fuel dump valves were moved closer to where the wings meet the aircraft body, since the wingtips have pods with communications equipment.

3. The Gulfstream I turboprop used by Battelle labs for air sampling. Next time you see it, notice the tubes face forward, not backwards.

4. The interior shot of the 777 during testing, where they can shift water around, simulating a change in center of gravity to see how the aircraft will fly differently. You can find the original photo online, but some chemtrailers doctored it to say "Hazmaz" and "sprayer", and some chemtrailers actually believe the doctored one is the original one. But its not

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I thought I'd bump this one since the qulity of photos has been discussed a few times lately & this seems relevant.

<< 1   >>

join