It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voter registration cards already filled out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Newly registered voters in Florida didn't get to fill out their own Democratic, Republican or Independant parties because their cards were already filled out for them. EVERY form was already checked off republican. Does Bush plan to cheat at this election as well as 2000?

www.news4jax.com...

One of the things he had always wanted to was register to vote, but when he was offered the chance to do that right outside the ceremony, he knew something wasn't right -- the place on the form where you're asked to choose Democrat, Republican or independent was already filled out.

"It's like one side," Cruz said. "You don't get to choose."

According to Cruz and his family, every form was checked off Republican.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
That's awful! I wonder how many people don't really notice that it's filled out for them. Like errors on credit card bills, they just assume enough of the population won't notice, or won't want to make the effort to clear it up. It adds up.

--Saerlaith

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Florida and vote-rigging. Hmmm.

Where have I heard that before?

I never understood how you guys let him get away with cheating his way in last time (assuming that's what happened). Thankfully the worst-case scenario only involves another four years, but who will they replace him with?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
I never understood how you guys let him get away with cheating his way in last time (assuming that's what happened).

The Florida Supreme court wanted to count the votes, a state's right? The Feds are the ones who told Florida to stop counting.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I have seen this before when my father was campaigning for the Democratic state representative for our district, he asked me to come by when he was making an appearance and the Dems were signing up voters the same way.

I didn't think it bad considering it was a Dem function but the Repubs doing it outside a citizen ceremony may cross the line. Like the article says, all registered voters can vote for any candidate they choose. The affiliation with the Repubs would just take away their opportunity to vote in Dems primaries.

Surprised, no I think it happens everyday just make sure you always check out all the info on anything before you sign.

Thumbs up to the new citizen who spotted it and reported it.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Wow, and people say the republicans never think of rigging elections, it's all a democrat paranoia.

top topics

join