It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film legend Elizabeth Taylor dies at 79 in LA!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Film legend Elizabeth Taylor dies at 79 in LA!

movies.yahoo.com

LOS ANGELES - Elizabeth Taylor, the violet-eyed film goddess whose sultry screen persona, stormy personal life and enduring fame and glamour made her one of the last of the old-fashioned movie stars and a template for the modern celebrity, died Wednesday at age 79.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It is kind of sad to someone that was so successful just die out of the blue. It is also amazing how someone have a career and life full of success and be remembered forever. Some people become famous and then are forgotten. No way! Not her! She will be remembered forever. It's sad to see her go. She was a great person and inspired many people.

movies.yahoo.com

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
One more from Hollywood's Golden Age.
My favorite was Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Sad news indeed.

It's a sad reminder that regardless of fame , wealth , power or success , we are all mortal beings.

May her god bless her

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
She certainly has been an icon since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago. Good for her for the work she has done beyond her movie career.
She may have been glamorous, but she was a real person too.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
please the less rich and powerful the better, its a shame she died but to give her more importance than anyone else that passes is beyond me. Conspiracys say that the big names die on the 25th and the deaths happen in 3's so whos next on the list

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

Rip to Elizabeth Taylor.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
How many people died today as a result of lies and greed? They were never 20 feet high pretending to be someone else for your entertainment though, so screw them. A woman in her late 70s died in a country with mediocre health care? Holy crap! Now THERE'S news!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
it's not "out of the blue", with all her recent health problems I kinda saw it coming.
still, she was an icon and will be missed by many...

may she rest in peace

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

Cat on A Hot Tin Roof. That is an excellant film. One of my favorite films is Who is Afraid of Virginia Woolfe. She and Richard Burton played an excellant depction of an alcoholic ridden dysfunctional couple. Of course there is the EPIC Cleopatra.
Giant. Excellant. One of my favorites but not highly reviewed was Last Time I saw Paris. Finally, Suddenly, Last Summer.
She was so beautifu. I had a crush on the younger her and learned later she was born wit two.rows of eyelashes adding that extra flash to her beautiful eyes.
She tried many times to.renuounce her US citizenship to avoid paying taxes but the US State Dept wouldn't accept it.. Haha. She was an ATS original haha.
XOXO
edit on 23-3-2011 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi

It is kind of sad to someone that was so successful just die out of the blue. It is also amazing how someone have a career and life full of success and be remembered forever. Some people become famous and then are forgotten. No way! Not her! She will be remembered forever. It's sad to see her go. She was a great person and inspired many people.

movies.yahoo.com

Well, its not so much out the blue, she had been ill for a while, and congestive heart failure isn't uncommon for people much younger than 79, she did very well for her age.

On a side note OP, did this actor mean anything to you? the last few threads that have cropped up are by yourself and are all in the same 'so so' small talk manner, something like a courtesy chat with a neighbour, what I'm trying to say is they are lacking a bit of content, maybe you could let us know what the actor meant to you, which of her productions stood out etc etc, we are all capable of reading the news I just don't see the reason in trying to participate in a thread when you haven't really gave us anything to talk about other than to read the article.

This is like the 5th thread I've clicked on by you today

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I couldn't stand the woman, she always reminded me of a dark haired Barbara Cartland.
Maybe I'm just of the wrong generation to appreciate her.
I do feel for her family's loss.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ahh, very sad news.

RIP Liz

Who remembers National Velvet?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I thought she was already dead. I see that she was sick for a very long time. Nothing came out of the blue.
Great actress and a major hottee back in the day. Did a lot of charity work too.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

THREAD STEALING BULLY!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

thats what this guy does...he sees what someone else found first or posted first and actually put thought and work into it and decides to make a thread and get the attention directed at him...making sure he says this thread is for this or that. if you live here! or so we can gather the information here so he can take credit where credit isnt do...people need to stop giving this guy flags and stars unless his thread is relevant or not stolen or makes sense even. if you stop encouraging the guy he might put more thought into things
edit on 25-3-2011 by gdaub23 because: add

edit on 25-3-2011 by gdaub23 because: add

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
he even changed his name so people wouldnt recognize his ridiculas posts...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join