It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First North Pole Ozone Hole Forming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd269c75e9e6.jpeg[/atsimg]

Spawned by strangely cold temperatures, "beautiful" clouds helped strip the Arctic atmosphere of most of its protective ozone this winter, new research shows.

The resulting zone of low-ozone air could drift as far south as New York, according to experts who warn of increased skin-cancer risk.

The stratosphere's global blanket of ozone—about 12 miles (20 kilometers) above Earth—blocks most of the sun's high-frequency ultraviolet (UV) rays from hitting Earth's surface, largely preventing sunburn and skin cancer.

But a continuing high-altitude freeze over the Arctic may have already reduced ozone to half its normal concentrations—and "an end is not in sight," said research leader Markus Rex, a physicist for the Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research in Bremerhaven, Germany.

Preliminary data from 30 ozone-monitoring stations throughout the Arctic show the degree of ozone loss was larger this winter than ever before, Rex said.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

edit on 3/23/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
[color=gold]I was reading this and wondering if any weather changes will come from this as well with all the other Natural changes occurung..

edit on 3/23/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
looks to me like those earthquake ,or eruption clouds u see.

/Second line

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

[color=gold]I know what you mean. The clouds associated with Eq or HAARP potential behavior.
Thanks

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I agree with you, this development could add to the already unstable earth. Things already seem to be happening at an increasingly faster rate, this could move it along.

Also, I had a thought while reading this article. What if the nuclear energy plants are the reason for our slow death and the planets? Well, not the whole reason, I know that there are things beyond our atmosphere that are involved, but did "we" unleash the monster? Let me point out "we" as a whole meaning, "we" need to see the thing we have done, or let happen while "we" were sleeping.

Just thoughts from a pondering spirit.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Very interesting, indeed. I didn't knew that low-ozone air could drift, good to know.
I guess, that low-ozone air is somehow different than the ozone hole over Australia....., as the later does not drift. But a ozone hole over the North Pole could cause a drastic melt off of the ice, but that wouldn't increase the water level, luckily. Source: express.howstuffworks.com...
edit on 23-3-2011 by SunLightyear because: mistake corrected

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wakeup2change

I agree with you, this development could add to the already unstable earth. Things already seem to be happening at an increasingly faster rate, this could move it along.

I was thuinking the same thing my friend.

Originally posted by wakeup2change
Also, I had a thought while reading this article. What if the nuclear energy plants are the reason for our slow death and the planets? Well, not the whole reason, I know that there are things beyond our atmosphere that are involved, but did "we" unleash the monster? Let me point out "we" as a whole meaning, "we" need to see the thing we have done, or let happen while "we" were sleeping.

Just thoughts from a pondering spirit.

On the nuclear facilities. I think those as well as other global facilities releasing emissions into the atmosphere are all playing a combination of parts in the whole scheme of things. Maybe its time to turn them off and figure more nature considering ways to get energy.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunLightyear

Very interesting, indeed. I didn't knew that low-ozone air could drift, good to know.
I guess, that low-ozone air is somehow different than the ozone hole over Australia....., as the later does not drift.

I find that interesting, the behviors of the 2. But it could be due to relation of the North pole and the hole location.
Also thanks for the data link

new topics

top topics

join