It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole dancing for JESUS!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Wow usually these types are telling me Im going to hell and sinning because I am an exotic dancer.

Go figure now they jack my trade and do it in the name of Jesus...oh Lord.

Well at least they will get in shape, maybe they will realize that there is no harm in it...It's actually a great work out.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

I'm totally stealing this

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
reply to post by ripcontrol

I knew my pic would come i handy some day......

hope I got my embedding figured out...

I never laughed so hard!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I think it's a great work out. It helps tone so many muscles. I'd like to put one in my house. Sounds like a lot of fun.

However it's contradictions like this that justify my distaste for organized religion. But whatever works go for it. I won't cast the first stone.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It is only because of the preconceptions of pole dancing that this is even seen as being wrong.
If people approached this with an open mind they would see the act of pole dancing is not dirty - it is just someone swinging on a pole - the dirty stuff is additional.
I think this really shows some Christians are opening their mind and sheding the preconceptions historically held by their religion and others to find a way to reach a new audience in a new way.

IMO they deserve credit for the ability to see beyond the preconception and stigma.
edit on 23-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz
It is only because of the preconceptions of pole dancing that this is even seen as being wrong.
If people approached this with an open mind they would see the act of pole dancing is not dirty - it is just someone swinging on a pole - the dirty stuff is additional.
I think this really shows some Christians are opening their mind and sheding the preconceptions historically held by their religion and others to find a way to reach a new audience in a new way.

IMO they deserve credit for the ability to see beyond the preconception and stigma.

SORRY WRONG! They will NOT stop seeing beyond what they preach to me and others all the time. Just because they have some fooled that they are doing it for Jesus, they still trash talk dancers. I am one and it really pisses me off that they are doing this to an extent. Hyrpocrites..oh wait it's ok cause it's for Jesus! Well when I go to work I am going to say it's for Jesus later today, maybe that will help the cash flow.

Pole dancing has never been wrong, it's actually a great workout and I agree it's only because of it's association that it gets a bad name and that also annoys me because being a dancer isn't bad either. It's a job isn't it?

Christians are not opening their mind...tell that to the ones who picket one of my clubs and yell scripture and tell us we are going to hell....this might be a more laid back group in TX but the majority I have met I want nothing to do with.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Trollop dancing is still trollop dancing
and I do not care who's name it is in.
this kind of dancing just publicly degrades women.

and another thing ... who in their right mind does a work out in those shoes

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I do not see it as hypocritical. Religious people do not talk trash because someone dances on a pole. They do it, because we are talking about women who take their clothes off for money. To the religious, it is another form of prostitution. Not because they are swinging on a pole, but because they are removing their clothing for money. Do I agree? Not at all.

Pole dancing is a great workout, it can be a very athletic hobby. Watch the following video... then tell me. Is this sexual or is this athletic?

As a matter of fact, I would like to see anyone do what this women does at around the 2:25 mark and then tell me how easy and effortless it is

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by xsheep

Trollop dancing is still trollop dancing
and I do not care who's name it is in.
this kind of dancing just publicly degrades women.

and another thing ... who in their right mind does a work out in those shoes

That is the biggest load of crap I hear on a regular basis. Pole dancing does not degrade women. You can make an argument that taking your clothes off for money is in a sense degrading women, you can make the argument that grinding your crotch on a guys lap for money is degrading. Those I would be willing to accept. The act of dancing on a pole is not degrading in any sense of the word.

edit on 23-3-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The do the same kind of moves on Cirque De Soleil all the time but no one calls that degrading or slutty, it is art and an amazing show of what the human body can do.

Maybe this class will help these women feel better about themselves, and help keep things more interesting at home in the bedroom with their husbands, whic is good for the marriage and therefore good for the kids.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by byteshertz

SORRY WRONG! They will NOT stop seeing beyond what they preach to me and others all the time. Just because they have some fooled that they are doing it for Jesus, they still trash talk dancers. I am one and it really pisses me off that they are doing this to an extent. Hyrpocrites..oh wait it's ok cause it's for Jesus! Well when I go to work I am going to say it's for Jesus later today, maybe that will help the cash flow.

Pole dancing has never been wrong, it's actually a great workout and I agree it's only because of it's association that it gets a bad name and that also annoys me because being a dancer isn't bad either. It's a job isn't it?

Christians are not opening their mind...tell that to the ones who picket one of my clubs and yell scripture and tell us we are going to hell....this might be a more laid back group in TX but the majority I have met I want nothing to do with.

Religous people are the same as any group - their views all differ even when they are in the same religion. Dismissing them all is no different than dismissing all canadians because you disagreed with a group of canadians point of view. The sooner we stop thinking people within a group all share the exact same belief, the sooner we will learn that we are all individuals and there is no point being negative towards a group. This is what causes most conflicts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join