It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Points?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I was exploring the site and i got to my profile. I saw that i have 297 points... What are those? Are they like reputation? Thanks to anyone who gives me an answer

I read the fine print (Minimal posts that contribute nothing to the thread are subject to immediate removal.) So i'll ask more questions... Does a black hole have mass? I've always wondered and came to the conclusion that they have infinite mass. Plus, check out the quick graphics i made!:

edit on 22-3-2011 by xShadow13 because: Extra info

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I would also like to know if these points can maybe be used for something in the future or is it a sort of tracking device set up for if you do certain things

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
As far as i know they do nothing...maybe they make the Karma?? The K points. Or whe W point things
I have over 4000....you get fined 1000 for certain posts i think...like if your rude and offensive.
edit on 22-3-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
While someone is answering the OPs question, what does K and W stand for?

Confused and noobie-ish.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I made a joke in the wrong topic and got deducted 1000 points. I have no idea what they are for though.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Id like to know about the K and W also...and where do you see applause points given to people??

Been here 6 months or so but STILL feeling my way about the place. Its big!!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

Bumping so some kind person will answer our pleas!!

Really though...I have checked out search to find answers, looked on the homepage etc but no luck. Can some kind senior ATS person spare the time? And also maybe the answers can be put somewhere in FAQ?

Grazie mille

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

Hi all, i dont know a lot but i think if you went to introductions/ new members forum and looked for Asala she will be able to put you right. Also the W is the WATS INDEX !!!!!!!! and the K is the KARMA which is measured between the stars and flags you get. If you dont find what it is you are looking for ask a senoir member such as ASALA, SAURON, who are Super Moderators or even someone with a high post count, but in general it is on the introduction/ new members forum as i have already stated.

Icanseeatoms.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The ATS points used to be used to buy upgrades for your profile and to get access to the RATS forum. Since the 2010 upgrade these things are now free (RATS access after a certain number of posts.)

But, who knows, SkepticOverlord may, one day, bring back some sort of system for using them. Anything is possible.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by annella
Id like to know about the K and W also...and where do you see applause points given to people??

Been here 6 months or so but STILL feeling my way about the place. Its big!!

Found it! Thanks Hefficide for pointing us in the right directions...

K = Karma
W = WATS Index

An explanation from SkepticOverlord...

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Kandinsky
I just don't get it either.

It's not real complicated.

Karma is influenced most by a stars-to-post ratio, with a minor influence from flags.

WATS is influenced most by a flag-to-post ratio, with a minor influence from stars and post-count.

Long term members with a high number of well-flagged threads will achieve a high WATS number -- or -- mid-term members with highly-flagged threads will also receive a high WATS number. It reflects a ranking of those who start quality threads (mostly).

Short term members who create replies that earn stars may achieve a high KARMA number -- or -- those long term members who focus more on adding to existing threads and are starred as a result, will also achieve a high KARMA number. It reflects a ranking of those who add quality to existing threads.

Sure, there may be short-lived abuses to stars and flags, but the intent of the system is to aid in painting a larger picture of ATS content. While, on occasion, some individual posts or threads may receive more flags or stars than deserved, on the whole I believe the system works as intended as a means to showcase important topics and hard-working members.
edit on 27-10-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by Hessling because: Clarify

Now! Star the ever lovin' heck out of this post!

edit on 23-3-2011 by Hessling because: To make a funny

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Thanks everyone....sort of ' got it!'

Need to get my tail back to the new member area and read and absorb a tad more than I did a few months ago.

Have a great weekend!

xx

top topics

join