It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toads Point To New Mechanism For Evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm going to post the end of the article in the first paragraph, because I know some people will see the title and go, "See evolution is false, I was right, you were wrong!!11!1". That's not what the article says:

Spatial sorting doesn't replace natural selection, says Shine, rather it runs in parallel with it, and within its bounds.

"Spatial sorting can only occur if natural selection doesn't oppose it," he says.

"If there was too strong a survival disadvantage to be at the invasion front, it simply wouldn't happen. Natural selection would be knocking off the toads at the front."

Now that that's out of the way, on to the main bit:

Cane toads are shining light on a new process by which genetic traits evolve, say Australian researchers.

They say it has "revolutionary" implications for our understanding of evolution.

This new type of evolution is known as Spatial Sorting and is involved in the animals displacement. These traits can evolve without offering any benefit to survival or reproduction.

"It's a very different process to anything that Darwin talked about because you're having traits evolve not because they help you survive or reproduce, but because they help you disperse faster."

Toads Point To New Mechanism For Evolution

An evolutionary process that assembles phenotypes through space rather than through time

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I know Richard Shine personally , he has done some fantastic work in the field of Herpetology ( a field of Zoology , specific to reptiles and amphibians) .However this still is only evolution (loosely) on the micro scale not macro scale.His findings still do not prove or disprove evolution vs creationalism .The two are compatible and run parralel and he is not out to make that point .It is not about that at all .It is research into adaptablity and survival .
edit on 22-3-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

However this still is only evolution (loosely) on the micro scale not macro scale.

Micro and macro evolution are the same thing, just operating on different time scales.

His findings still do not prove or disprove evolution vs creationalism .The two are compatible and run parralel and he is not out to make that point .It is not about that at all .It is research into adaptablity and survival

What are you on about? Evolution has tonnes of evidence to back it up; it is a scientific fact.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hey wad, back up ! I am saying what his work is and the intention is not to disprove God ! and don't you assume I religeous either while your at it ! He is a close friend of mine so don't so don't put words in his mouth ! You are so zealous in your beliefs you want to throw your agenda down everybodies throat ! You would be suprised what my field of occupations is so shut up ! There was nothing contridictory to your thread in what I said nor did I attack you so why the attack me ? Oh thats right your a zealot ! As for macro vs micro thats your inturpretation .Why don't you go and evolve somewhere ?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Lmao wait what? Where did this come from? Lol.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join