It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do you add pictures to a post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
i know it may be a stupid question but i cant work it out! ive clicked on the add image but it just goes to a url address i want to insert a picture from my computer

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Well....different ways.

You know the "url", correct? When the image is open, "copy" the url from the browser window....then "paste" into your post. Enclose it with [img] and, [//img] (Use only only slash in the last box, though...I added one so it would show up.

Here, is an example:

IF you want the photo to be IN the post, then you use the ATS Media.....load the photos into your albums, using the "Tools" menu button, and the" pictures" feature.....that goes to Media....and there is a LOT going on on those pages. I just go to the My Pictures by clicking on the Upload button....and you can then add the photo by browsing....you have to know your "target". MY technique is to just copy the image to my desktop, and then find it that way. Look for "Embed on ATS" under your image, once it's loaded, and you open it up in ATS Media. Copy/paste that into the post.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e0298e2af65.jpg[//atsimg]

THAT is one of my images (with the extra slash added). Here, the same code, properly:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e0298e2af65.jpg[/atsimg]

Note the 600 pixels max width....re-sizing if they're bigger can be done in many image programs....

Finally, that "preview" button below the edit line works well, now (didn't so much some years ago...at least, not for me. Might depend on the browser, don't know...).

edit on 22 March 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I am going to tell you how I think that it is done and hopefully someone will say that is right or wrong.

First... I see that you are new here, so let me give a warm welcome. I hope that you find ATS as enlightening as I do.
The mods are usually jiffy quick about this, but they can't get to everything.

If you can't get an answer to other questions, then you can PM me and I will do my best.

The first thing that you need to do is log into the media portion of your ATS profile.

After you log into the media portion, then you will have to upload the external image. You need to make sure that you have the right to use this image, so definitely check.

If not, then it has to come from a URL.

After the image is uploaded, then go the image and it should have, or at least it used to have, 3 numbers at the bottom.

The old layout had a background image number...
And avatar number and an image text number.

Look to see if it has an image text number below the pic.

Copy and paste the image pic number to the URL in the image link, and then presto... whammo...

It should show up.
(you may have to place the number in between [ex- img ].......[ /ex -img].
(leave out the spaces)

Or something to that manner.
Skeptic Overlord has a thread describing the fair use concept and I will try to find it on search and post it here for you.

That was how we used to do it. I think. I haven't posted an image in a while, so please excuse me if I am wrong.

Hopefully someone will chime in and let me know if I am right or wrong.

edit on 3/22/2011 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It doesn't always work..

however!!

If you upload a image to imageshack.us... and WILL allow you to embed on ATS

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Weedwhacker is correct.

The coding is [atsimg ]......[/ atsimg] (minus the spaces)

Copy and paste the embed code in between the bracketed coding from your ATS media profile.

Make sure that you have fair use in using the image however.
edit on 3/22/2011 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Imgur is a great filehost I use. If you upload there, you just copy the message borads code it generates, and it will embed properly. Also try to make sure the image is 600 px wide or less, if not it will have an annoying scrollbar on it instead of displaying the whole picture. All the other ways mention above works fine as well.
edit on Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:42:44 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
thanks all of you for your help

top topics

join