It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so disappointed are you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
War, hate, intolerance, greed.

I live in Australia and my government as elected by the people around me have supported and even advocated for the action currently being taken in Libya. This disgusts me it tugs at my nerves, it leaves me wondering what can I do, how can I help people to understand and why can't anyone else see that the motives behind this "No Fly Zone"/War are not really humanitarian.

As I ate my morning tea today and skimmed over todays news I looked over at a work mate and made an outrageous statement "I Can't believe their bombing another country" his reply "Who, where" Libya I say and then bam he said "Bloody terrorist he's been massacring his own people" I say oh okay and change the subject.

So tonight I gave the old man (Dad) a call and in my most restrained socially watered down words I ask his opinion. Whoops I think he is going to report me, 15 minutes on how evil Gaddafi is and how he hired mercenaries to butcher his own people, then a proper lecture on being careful about what I read and the sources I should trust. Actually he was very specific "If it isn't on the News (Channel Nine or Ten) then don't trust it" you may know or maybe you don't that Murdoch owns one station and Packer owns the other (at least in part) so really who needs to check their sources?

What I am truly sick and tired of is the blatant lies being told to us, the people of the earth by our respective governments. I am sick of the fact that people can't see that everything isn't as it seems. Why oh why can't they believe that TPTB aren't looking out for us. Why don't they see the patterns that keep emerging. Why do they feel the need to tell foreign countries how to run there countries? Why is it that when you look at a map and think about the place's that are being "helped / liberated" seem to be so strategically important.

Why? Why? Why?

Regards,

Tlas

-Ps: I'll be here for another 1/2 hour then I won't be back for about 7-8 hours, So good night and I look forward to responding to any comments tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
They shouldn't have enforced a no-fly zone, the arab league should have enforced there own No-Fly zone. The West should have overseen such a move...

I for one didn't ELECT her, I would have chosen Rudd over her, the lesser of two evils. Tony Abbott should be shot into space to be used as a communication satellite. We should be off-setting our carbon taxes by reclaiming the land in our vast deserts instead of them enforcing such a ludicrous carbon tax, and what about the corporate greed and the waste that comes with it, I was on my way back from a walk...and guess what...almost every second house had a bloody T.V out on hard rubbish, what the...is going on with the world when we can't return our t.v's for an upgrade or keep up with the latest technology, I hate the withholding of technology. The only thing that is warming this planet is those BLOODY politicians spouting off about there own agendas.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tlasalt

War is peace!

Join the army and bring peace to the world.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I agree with every thing your saying! I believe that the people of the countries around the world need to converse more,visit more and point out what their governments are doings behind other countries back... We don't need to keep quite, don't let them shut you up, I am an american and I do not support Obama's choice with Libya!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
yes I also feel the same and am in the UK I am sick of it this current campaign reeks of hypocrisy and am fed up of the bull doda being fed to the sheeple who seem gullible enough to believe this tripe that is fed us daily I started to post my feelings on msn in line comments only to have them removed by the american propaganda machine some remain while others disappear like a flash I have used this computer for 5 yrs approx and have never had a problem until started posting comments have now been attacked by cyber bullies we know who they really are and am getting viruses sent to my computer now only more proof in my eyes of how insidious they really are the TPTB that is

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

I certainly didn't vote for Julia (also would have preferred Rudd but more so Abbot)
Poplation 25+ Million
Decision on who gets to be Priminster? If my memory serves me right it fell to 3

thats right 3 people

Ah Democracy at its finest.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by malicacid922002
I agree with every thing your saying! I believe that the people of the countries around the world need to converse more,visit more and point out what their governments are doings behind other countries back... We don't need to keep quite, don't let them shut you up, I am an american and I do not support Obama's choice with Libya!!!

Thats refreshing to hear, I try to get my opinion and ideas out to people but must still be a little careful. Alot of people just can't face that there may be more than one reality.

We have been taught in school and by our parents that things happened a certain way. Kids in Russia were taught a certain history as were children in Japan and th UK we all know that we are right and that the others were misinformed but most cant't grasp the fact that maybe just maybe they got the wrong end of the stick.

Thanks for the reply it gives me something too work on

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Chin up OP.you are not alone .This one is going to backfire .It will come at a great price but it is coming thats a certainty .Be at peace friend you are clean and clear .

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
But really, I live in Aus too OP and I don't like this either.

If 1000 people armed themselves and tried to over-run the white house, I think the army and police would do what it takes to bring these people under control. So would this be the US killing its own people?

Also Obama made out like he was a man of peace when he was first elected and wanted to make amends with everyone and blah blah blah.

Now you can see the shadow government (TPTB) really does pull all the strings.

But what can Obama do.

If he does nothing, hes labeled as weak, if he does something hes a war monger. Either way he cant win.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tlasalt

I know exactly what your talking about because my step mother believes I'm stuck in a fantasy land where I think the world is going to end just because I watch things with a keener eye than her and tend to talk about it and converse and try to figure it out!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder

If 1000 people armed themselves and tried to over-run the white house, I think the army and police would do what it takes to bring these people under control. So would this be the US killing its own people?

Exactly you read my mind.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
While thinking, in my arm-chair, or might I say...my WAR CHAIR! I thought about some peoples way of life. We attract Muslim extremists by boat, and settle them here in Australia, they wage war against Julia Gillard and beat her into asylum, and then Pauline Hanson comes in and deports them all and takes reign. The lesser evil of two red heads. Case Closed.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
While thinking, in my arm-chair, or might I say...my WAR CHAIR! I thought about some peoples way of life. We attract Muslim extremists by boat, and settle them here in Australia, they wage war against Julia Gillard and beat her into asylum, and then Pauline Hanson comes in and deports them all and takes reign. The lesser evil of two red heads. Case Closed.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

Sorry, you're making no sense! Of all the Muslims in Oz, how many really are extremists? Five or ten at the most?

Vicky

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

That's why we have to attract them to our great land to rid us of Julia Gillard. Then we can ship them back home.

new topics

top topics

join