It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE WEST VS GADDAFI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I will make this quick I just want to ask the question to fellow ATS'ers. Does it bother any one else that the Western Countries and of course the media are being unfair to Gaddafi and his countrymen. I mean look at places like Africa and Asian countries where people are shot and killed for no reason on the streets and in their homes. While just because Libia has oil the USA and Governments of the WEST find a rubbish reason to invade and bully their way in into WAR. It just seems wrong to me and I dont feel comfortable being part of a western society while this is going on. Seems like Iraq all over again.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Doesn't it seem logical to you? I mean, it's mutually beneficial for a country to attack another both to free them from a psycho dictator (benefits them) and establish oil trade with them (benefits the attacker). Invading a country in Africa with no useful resources will just benefit the people of the country being attacked (if it is being "liberated") while the attacker will suffer the consequences of casualties.

No-one does anything out of complete selflessness. No-one.

Having said that, the whole issue in Libya is not a war between the west and gaddafi. There are no land units there.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Thanks for your input, so are you saying its ok to kill innocent people for resources

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by whatifitweretrue

I don't think you read my post clearly.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatifitweretrue
I will make this quick I just want to ask the question to fellow ATS'ers. Does it bother any one else that the Western Countries and of course the media are being unfair to Gaddafi and his countrymen. I mean look at places like Africa and Asian countries where people are shot and killed for no reason on the streets and in their homes. While just because Libia has oil the USA and Governments of the WEST find a rubbish reason to invade and bully their way in into WAR. It just seems wrong to me and I dont feel comfortable being part of a western society while this is going on. Seems like Iraq all over again.

NO NOT AT ALL! and this is why they want change my friend you are seriously misinformed

They are not shot and killed on the streets for no reason at all tho are they, they are shot and killed for wanting there freedom & democratic change or just opening there mouth like the rest of the middle east, the reason all the uprisings happened all over the middle east is because they are sick & tired of being beaten up by there police & killed by there governments, i'm not sure if you are aware but police brutality was one of the main reasons the first protests to kicked off in the region, organised Via Facebook

Are you seriously going to tell me people are being unfair to Gaddafi OM#G REALLY? has this world gone mad

Don't you think its a little unfair when instead of a leader killing his own people he should have stepped down and excepted the will of his people instead of kill them all

Don't you think its a little unfair when the people of Libya have to fight for there freedom still in todays day and age

Don't you think its abit unfair they the people had thos wishes for change snuffed out by a completely evil dictator who would rather see the county in ashes before his people had that freedom & change

You say Gaddafi and his country men

Who exactly would this been then? thos payed foreign mercerneries he had flown in from all over africa to kill his own people when his military refused to do it & defected?, or the huge crowds of protesters that had control of 95% of Libya bar Tripoli until Gaddafi's army went and killed thousands of them retaking his city's?, you mean ALL thos people? or the few thousand loyal supporters he has surrounded him these days?

Bullied there way into a war? It was asked of the coalition

From the UN [voted] & The Arab League & the People of Libya who daily cryed out for help and untill the no fly zone come in to place was hours away from a mass genocide within the city of Bengazi & Mizerat

is that "crap excuse" good enough for you?

Where did you get invade from any ways ? do you even know what a no fly zone is ? (no troop on the ground included in that my friend) its up to the people of Libya as to what they want to do next when the playing field has been levelled for them by the coalition sent to protect them, if they want there freedom then sadly they will have to take it alone because no western nation is going to go in a risk being called an oil grabber thanks to all the conspiracy's & propaganda coming from you and others alike

Please i beg you to go and do some homework/catch up on what exactly has gone on in Libya and in what order, and why & what is being done and for what reason,

edit on 22-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

I suggest you edit out your abbreviated curse words. Anyway thanks for your offensive essay i may actually read it thoroughly one day. I suggest you do the same to mine.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This post reflects what i am thinking almost exactly. The U.S. should not get involved with Libya, i like that you include your concerns about other countries that are going through tough times (africa, asia). They should recieve our support, But instead we help a country that has oil, and suspected nuclear programs. Instead of the countries that have no oil or no reason to help for. I dont like that the US likes acting like the world police! we should deal with the problems we have here in our country before going to aid a country in turmoil.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Good4nothingTeenager

Thanks buddy, I have many friends that are on the same page as us. Look what happened to Che Guevara.

top topics

join