It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News keeps stating "war 3 in the Middle East." Afghanistan is not in the Middle East.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Also, from one of your links, though: Afghanistan is listed among the countries listed as being in the Greater Middle East area.

Scroll down to the list of countries included in the 'Greater Middle East' area.

So I guess no one is technically right or wrong if you look at it both ways. To use the Dallas analogy again, Plano isn't technically the city of Dallas but it is in the 'Dallas Metro Area.' When I lived in Plano, I just considered it 'Dallas.' Same as Afghanistan concerning the middle east, IMHO. Not the core, classical ME but the ME region.

?

The CIA says www.cia.gov... Location:
" Location:
Southern Asia, north and west of Pakistan, east of Iran "

Iran is further west and is not considered part of the Middle East either.

I apologize for using a link that would state such pseudo info. There is no such thing in mainstream terms as 'Greater Middle East' I understand your greater metro analogy, but this is something different. What I am pointing out is more akin to Newark, NJ being considered the greater N.Y.C. metro area if Newark was analogized as Iran, and Afghanistan was analogized as New Brunswick. New York is New York and Jersey is Jersey.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
'Middle East' is just the MSM/PTB euphemism for 'Islamic Nation'.

I do believe you're on to something there.

<< 1   >>

join