It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the birds waking up early where you are too?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by AnotherYOU

just wanted to add that in contrast for the last couple years i havent been gettin barelly any insects, hardly any flies, and been so long since ive seen a mosquito.. if plenty of birds feed on insects this could be related to as some poster mentioned, they may be hungry.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I've been wondering this same thing for months...
I'm in northeast Texas, and ever since end Dec/Early Jan, the birds start singing at/around 1 am, and continue all night long. I've NEVER noticed this, ANYWHERE I've lived (have lived in NC, SC, upstate NY, Colorado, Germany) and traveled all over the country/Europe. My roommates and I have been talking about this and can't seem to find an explanation. I'll try recording them and maybe that will help ID which species it is, and lead us to some answers

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Haven't had chance to read it yet but there is a similar thread here about birds singing through the night from 2009

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissTiger
Haven't had chance to read it yet but there is a similar thread here about birds singing through the night from 2009

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank You, MissTiger.
I shall check it out 'tout de suite'!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm in Lancashire, England. I also noticed around Christmas that there was a lot of birdsong around our house in the small hours of the morning. I love hearing it, but it did occur to me that it was odd. I have bouts of insomnia, and have never noticed the singing previously, but from Christmas onwards, it was very noticeable around 4am. I commented on it to my sister who lives 10 miles away, and she'd noticed it too.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MissTiger

Yeah, I guess it is a possiblity, on a side note, I have known many previous years where is has been more frosty over consecutive days, whereas this winter, not so much how many days it has been frosty, but the intensity of the frost on the ground has been more noticable this year, so less frosty days, but when they happend, they happend if yu get what I mean.

Of course frost, and insomiac birds aside, perhaps (and its a big perhaps), it is warning birdsong ? Afterall they would sense impending change earlier than we humans ever would ?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

I think this is where we need someone like Chris Packham
Springwatch should be back on tv soon I think.

I think you are right that the birds would know something before us plus there has been all those bird deaths and alot of birds flying into things. Maybe everything is connected???

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MissTiger

Yeah hate to say it, but I agree 100%, not sure about Chris Packham though lol, mind you if Bill Oddie is the alternative, then Chris Packham it is

This might be the year I get into Springwatch

edit on 21-3-2011 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I live in Ohio and I too thought it was strange that I was hearing birds chirping outside at 3 to 4 am in the morning. It has been fairly warm here for a few days, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I live in SW England and have noticed birds singing way before dawn and after dusk for the last month. I thought nothing of it, that maybe this was always the case but having read through this thread I'm starting to wonder!
Also over the past couple of weeks I have noticed a certain agitation around dawn among our native birds. Haven't a clue what it means..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well, I'm certainly somewhat relieved it's not just me imagining things, although I kind of wish I had been as this addition to the weirdness of late doesn't sit well with my Spidey Sense at all...nor my sleeping pattern.

My initial hopeful presumption was that this was a localised phenomenon but that now doesn't seem to be the case.

Interesting times...I wonder if we will ever find out what's going on?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
hello OP
yes i live in the sticks NW UK
i also have noticed the same thing
between midnite rite the way threw until morning
sometimes ive been waking threw the night to nip to the loo and been thrown off thinking its 6am and putting the kettle on for a brew only to look and see its 2:30am
not early bird anymore but all nighter bird!
and its not just robins
tits and starlings and a variety of others

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

I've added Chris Packham as a friend
and asked if he has any ideas! I probably won't get a reply but thought it was worth a try.

I asked a member of my family in Yorkshire if they have noticed the same thing and they have but they had put it down to light pollution and loud noises keeping the birds awake.

I just noticed I missed Maxblack's post, that's really worrying.

Just been out side to check and I can hear them, it's coming from different directions as if they are talking to each other??
edit on 21/3/11 by MissTiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
First I'm in the NW in Cheshire, In a very well wooded area called Birchwood between Warrington and Manchester. I have been telling my friend in Wales since November last year that I have noticed this. She led me to this post (she's not a member....but has a look around!) I am so glad she did!

Here are my observations...bit of a nightowl!

1. Chirpping started early November, about 1am till whenever in the morning. Can't be the cold, we didn't get the quite cold stuff and snow until late December.

2. Some nights I have been concerned as the 'chirpping' definately becomes more like a distress call and as though they are in groups and the groups are talking/distressing to one another.

3. towards end of last summer, well before it should have happened I noticed the Horse Chestnut trees...the conker... ones were getting really horrible brown, rusty/acidy burns to them, other trees were affected too, but not all the deciduous and not the fir type. Then I started to notice this on some of my plants in the garden.

4. Spent the week end (because of full moon!) planting up 2 raised beds with root veggies (first attempt fingers crossed), however, I have found some really funny patches of 'mold' growing in the garden. It is long and fibrous, grows very upright, is a dark green METALIC colour, with a silver sheen. Going to take some to the college science department as I have never ever seen anything like this before. I have a suspicion it has something to do with chemtrails...which leads me to ....

5. Chemtrailing a regular occurence around here, but I stated noticing that they have moved their timetable for spraying from 12 lunchtime onwards, to around 4.30.....just as rush hour starts and carries on until they have completed the job....which can go on until its dark. Think they know, that we know, that they know....!

6. The birds don't seem to be as regular with their nightly chorus recently.

7. Never got snowdrops this year....just the leaves, and the daffodils are struggling.....could be rellated to bees dying off....but did get one in garden this week end, but he was an odd colour. My daughter also commented on the garden stuff.

Anyhow, I don't know how much if any of the observations are linked/related......all I know is something is VERY SERIOUSLY NOT RIGHT>

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Im over here in San Diego and I been in this city for over ten years and couple month ago was the first time I hear birds chirping around 3-4am, I don't know what they are chirping about but that was definitely strange.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Thanks for posting.
Early November sounds about right as to when I first became aware of this where I am too.
Regarding chemtrails, I've yet to see any over my area of East Anglia, so I can't say it has anything to do with that.
Can't say I've ever seen mold like you describe though!

I did start to think it was something to do with a lack of food causing the birds to wake earlier than usual, but today I spoke to some friends who work in conservation and they are adament that the opposite is the case - the problems they are having in relation to this is a distinct lack of birds, causing a problematic increase in the bugs and insects they come into contact with in their work.
I have to admit - there does seem to be far less birds flying about then there used to be.

Puzzling.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Don't we have this thread every year?

Oh yes

Why are the birds singing at night?

It's called Spring

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Nope, they're outside my windows chomping on the birdseed in the bird feeder every morning when I get up around 6.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I actually noticed this last night around 1:30am or so. I stayed up pretty late last night and when I got situated in bed I actually heard a bird chirping. At first I did not think much of it but then when it kept carrying on for a bit I noticed that a bunch of birds were chirping and singing. I called a buddy to talk to him about it and he has been noticing the same thing.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You know I was just talking about this with my brother the other day. We have a tendency to stay up pretty late. The other day we went on a walk at like 2 or 3 in the morning (totally dark out). And it was incredibly loud because all the birds were waking up and singing to each other at this time. Totally wierd.

I live in Las Vegas, NV btw (That's in the US)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join