It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question of interpretation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Last night at around 3.15am I was lying awake in bed and heard a strange, meowing-type sound coming from outside my house. It didn't sound like a normal cat's meow, more like it was calling to something. Moments later there was a faint, low-frequency rumbling sound that lasted for about 20 seconds, then disappeared.

Interpretation 1: Maybe it was one of those feline-like aliens that the Russians supposedly recently encountered, calling to be picked up by a ship, which was the rumbling I heard.

Interpretation 2: It was a cat. The rumbling was unconnected and entirely coincidental.

Now, I know version 2 to be true. I've seen the cat several times, it's a small grey and white one which often prowls around at night, and I've heard it do the strange meow before. I also live close to a flight path and not far from a railway station, so I'm used to hearing noises at night.

The question is, if I hadn't have explained it, and had only posted the story and first interpretation with a more sensationalist thread title such as 'Possible feline alien encounter', how realistic would this (completely true) story have sounded?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by oxbow

I would say that your were a whackjob if you wanted to believe for no real reason that it was an alien.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by oxbow

"The question is, if I hadn't have explained it, and had only posted the story and first interpretation with a more sensationalist thread title such as 'Possible feline alien encounter', how realistic would this (completely true) story have sounded?"

To the average, well-balanced UFO believer, it would have sounded like a bunch of crazy guessing about a cat that was in heat outside your window and a garbage truck making its rounds. However, some others would be making a pilgrimage to your door if you had given your address.

join