It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw Milk and Raw Spinach banned in Japan because its the only things that are radioactive??? Conspir

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
So those are the only things that are radioactive after fallout?

I do not buy it.

I have always felt that along with our almonds those two were next, here in the USA. Next to be radiated with radiation. Many people have tried to get all spinach irradiated. Many stories spread in the media, just like almonds, that salmonella or other germ theory bad critters love raw spinach and raw milk. Also OTHER LEAFY GREENS, my guess , dark leafy greens they want banned too.

If u havent read the news, its all over the news that Raw Milk and Raw spinach have tested positive for radiation in Japan. As if they were the only foods affected and the most dangerous to eat..the country is banned from eating those two.

But radiated milk and cooked dead lifeless spinach is ok.

These people really need to be eating nature food to help heal.

The war is on for our immune system..

What is it about dark raw leafy greens?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritualgirl

Thats a really odd find....

What was the source?

This is something else i read today that is kinda related;

Radioactive iodine in Japan tap water

Traces of radioactive iodine have been detected in tap water in Tokyo after the emergency at a quake-hit Japanese nuclear power plant.

The government says abnormal levels of radioactive iodine have also been found in the water supply in the central prefectures of Gunma, Tochigi, Saitama, Chiba and Niigata.

Full Story - Bigpond News

Edit;

I just realised that after asking you the source about the Milk and Spinach - the story i posted had some info on that as well
i'll open my eye's next time....

Earlier, there were reports abnormal levels of radioactivity in milk and spinach in areas near a stricken Fukushima nuclear plant had been detected.

But the government says the foods pose no immediate threat to humans.

The contaminated milk was found in Fukushima prefecture where the quake-damaged atomic power station is located.

The tainted spinach was discovered in neighbouring Ibaraki prefecture.

Full Story - Bigpond News

edit on 21-3-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

www.cnn.com... /index.html?on.cnn=1

WHO is taking a second look at it and saying it's worse than what they originally thought. Later in the article it also mentions.

The decision to prohibit food produce sales is another potentially devastating blow to a part of northeast Japan hit by the earthquake, tsunami and other potential fall-out from the Fukushima plant. Fukushima, northeast of Tokyo, has Japan's fourth-largest amount of farmland and ranks among its top producer of fruits, vegetables and rice. Ibaraki, south of Fukushima, supplies Tokyo with a significant amount of fruits and vegetables and is Japan's third-largest pork producer.

What choice do they have if they can't get supplies or food? This whole situation is just horrible.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kittendaydreamer

It's a horrible situation, i think wat i find even worse is that the Nuclear disaster has taken the world's eye away from the still rising death toll and the situation with food and supplies. It is also winter there and very cold and snowing in some parts.

People have had to start chopping up houses and debris for firewood. Trashed cars being looted for their petrol as supplies are low if not all gone in some places....

Terrible

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

post chenobyl - milk from many areas in the UK was banned for a time too - but guess what - we survived

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
My point of curiosity, is whether they were raadioactive to the extent they are now, pre the nuclear accident.

Were they measuring it?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MissMegs

I know this doesnt quite answer your question but just more info on tainted goods -

But the government says the foods pose no immediate threat to humans.

The contaminated milk was found in Fukushima prefecture where the quake-damaged atomic power station is located.

The tainted spinach was discovered in neighbouring Ibaraki prefecture.

The health ministry has ordered authorities to investigate where the products have come from, how they were distributed and depending on their findings, suspend sales.

Consumers have been urged to remain calm with officials saying consumption of contaminated milk for a year would only be equivalent of one CT scan.

Source

Also from MSNBC

Government warns tests of spinach and milk from areas as far as 75 miles away exceed safety limits

Meanwhile, the government warned that tests of spinach and milk from areas as far as 75 miles away exceeded safety limits. Tap water farther away turned up tiny amounts of radioactive iodine in Tokyo and other areas.

Food beyond Japan's borders was also reportedly tainted. Radiation was detected on fava beans imported from Japan to Taiwan, Taiwanese officials said in what appears to be the first case of contamination in Japanese imports.

Taiwan's Cabinet-level Atomic Energy Council Radiation Monitoring Center said in a statement that a small amount of iodine and cesium had been found on a batch of Japanese fava beans imported to the island on Friday. The center said 11 becquerels of iodine and 1 becquerel of cesium were detected.

Full Story - MSNBC

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
lol, Personally, if the government said they tested two different kinds of food and found both to be radioactive, I would not be eating anything, I would be getting the hell out of there, whatever it takes.
edit on 21-3-2011 by elocin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by elocin

It's hard to say whether or not the food is a major health risk. Although it's obvious that any abnormal radiation is not good for our bodies.... Japan is very concerned in ''saving face'' so it's hard to go by their official statements....

'No immediate health risk'
Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano, meanwhile, insisted the contaminated foods "pose no immediate health risk."

The tainted milk was found 20 miles from the plant, a local official said. The spinach was collected from six farms between 60 miles and 75 miles to the south of the reactors.

Those areas are rich farm country known for melons, rice and peaches, so the contamination could affect food supplies for large parts of Japan.

MSNBC

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

hello there
according to another thread i read a few days ago milk and spinach are sources of iodine

you do not want any radioactive iodine in your system.
now, if it's banned nation wide that might be a conspiracy IMO

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Perhaps nobody remembers the strontium 90 flap during the period of heavy atomic testing in tthe atmosphere....
Thats probably too far back for most atsers......Big scandal about it for a while......

new topics

top topics

join